What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

@ Arizona State September 21st

Can CU keep Daniels in the pocket? And defend short passes in flat?

Blackmon and Wells health key.

we will somehow make the asu QB look like the next coming and Benjamin will shred us on the edges. I am not feeling good about this matchup at all. asu has some confidence and we just had ours yanked away. + all our future competitors can add in the option / play action pass wrinkle and we are furked.
Maddox out , the heat, we will see Noyer on the field this sat night. Bout to find out what he has on D.

we will somehow make the asu QB look like the next coming and Benjamin will shred us on the edges. I am not feeling good about this matchup at all. asu has some confidence and we just had ours yanked away. + all our future competitors can add in the option / play action pass wrinkle and we are furked.
Maddox out , the heat, we will see Noyer on the field this sat night. Bout to find out what he has on D.
This is where we hope things can change with a new staff.

Dont think confidence was yanked, think this was just 1 step back before 2 steps forward. With Maddox out, and how some performed against AFA, there will be some swizzling to the D.
...hope for the better. Offense needs slme.dilm time to see the mistakes they made in not getting the ball to the open spaces.

Dont think confidence was yanked, think this was just 1 step back before 2 steps forward. With Maddox out, and how some performed against AFA, there will be some swizzling to the D.
...hope for the better. Offense needs slme.dilm time to see the mistakes they made in not getting the ball to the open spaces.
ASU by 3 TDS.

It will be a roller coaster for the next nine games.
That's what I said about last year. But then OSU happened and the head coach stopped caring. I doubt this staff quits, so, injuries allowing, we should be in for your rollercoaster ride. The things I'm looking for the rest of this year are growth and development. Does this staff identify weaknesses and fix them? For instance, will our defense start showing up in the first half? I'm not expecting them to fix Montez or other minor miracles, but I would like to see the OL continue to gel and the DBs to start knowing their assignments at some point.

ASU just came off of an emotional physical game at MSU. A lot like CU after the Nebraska game.

I'd like to start seeing more and more of Mangham. Have to stick with the run game and hopefully wear ASU down a little. ASU defense seems to be legit so have to take what they give you. It will be interesting to see how Tucker and staff can get the team to refocus. I feel as if this team is hanging by a thread in the confidence department. Daniels and Benjamin will get some yards on the ground.

Defense is still swimming, especially in the secondary. At some point, they have to start understanding or the staff will have to dumb things down a little. Landman looks absolutely confused out there. Is it the scheme, or is he trying to cover for everyone else? Hopefully, we see more of Jones opposite him. He has been impressive making plays with his athleticism. Good to see

Last edited:
How about a hypnotist for montez? If they can get people to quit smoking maybe they can get him to step up in pocket, keep eyes forward, and see the open guys he is missing.

One has to wonder if the Buffs coaches called a timeout before kicking the blocked PAT. Would we be at 3-0 instead of 2-1?

Duff is right...Pac-12 is a competitive conference and you never know what is going to happen. Just watch the games.

College football, especially in conference play, is a week to week thing for about 75-80% of teams. You can only read so much into the Air Force game (or the ****braska game).
Can you read too much into the fact that we have given up over 1400 yards of defense against 3 meddling teams, and have been out-gained in all 3 games we’ve played, and if not for turnovers, would be 0 - 3? Serious question.

We would be 0-3 if not for turnovers is probably my favorite take of the weekend.
I get what you're saying, but the point is that the defense forced 3 total punts between CSU and AFA. Turnovers are part of the game and obviously the great equalizer, but they aren't going to get 3+ turnovers every game to bail them out. The defense is actually going to have to start stopping teams in a traditional way by forcing punts.

I get what you're saying, but the point is that the defense forced 3 total punts between CSU and AFA. Turnovers are part of the game and obviously the great equalizer, but they aren't going to get 3+ turnovers every game to bail them out. The defense is actually going to have to start stopping teams in a traditional way by forcing punts.
Yeah but we still beat CSU without the turnovers. And to completely ignore how the defense played down the stretch against Nebraska and chalk that up to luck is not a very intelligent take. Creating turnovers is a huge part of the game and to act like it was all luck doesn't make sense. Those were great plays and something the defense has done a good job of throughout the OOC.

Yeah but we still beat CSU without the turnovers. And to completely ignore how the defense played down the stretch against ****braska and chalk that up to luck is not a very intelligent take. Creating turnovers is a huge part of the game and to act like it was all luck doesn't make sense. Those were great plays and something the defense has done a good job of throughout the OOC.
I'm not saying it's all luck; I give them a ton of credit for it. They did a great job of playing solid defense in the 2nd half against Nebraska. However, I don't know if I agree with you that we beat CSU without all the turnovers and AFA probably drops 35+ in regulation without the turnovers. There's a middle ground here... Give credit to the defense for being opportunistic and creating turnovers, but also understanding that they aren't going to get 3-4 of them every game and they need to be much better in a traditional sense of stopping teams than they have been.

Can you read too much into the fact that we have given up over 1400 yards of defense against 3 meddling teams, and have been out-gained in all 3 games we’ve played, and if not for turnovers, would be 0 - 3? Serious question.

I can read into the fact that the defense knows how to force turnovers. It will bite them at some point, but it is hardly a coincidence at this point. The defense has also slowed opponents for stretches of games as well. 0-3? Not even close. Your schtick is really bland and unimaginative, but I guess it is at least predictable.

BTW, there are a lot of middling teams left on the schedule.

ASU just came off of an emotional physical game at MSU. A lot like CU after the ****braska game.

I'd like to start seeing more and more of Mangham. Have to stick with the run game and hopefully wear ASU down a little. ASU defense seems to be legit so have to take what they give you. It will be interesting to see how Tucker and staff can get the team to refocus. I feel as if this team is hanging by a thread in the confidence department. Daniels and Benjamin will get some yards on the ground.

Defense is still swimming, especially in the secondary. At some point, they have to start understanding or the staff will have to dumb things down a little. Landman looks absolutely confused out there. Is it the scheme, or is he trying to cover for everyone else? Hopefully, we see more of Jones opposite him. He has been impressive making plays with his athleticism. Good to see

I actually think this is the fan base more than the players. I think they are dialed in fine with the coaching staff.

Last edited:

I think that defense is good, but is it top 15 good? not so sure. They've played nobody with offensive talent.

If you look at us, our special teams took a big hit last weekend. Ugh. Defense actually improved significantly (now top 100 in this advanced stat) while offense dropped bigly.

He was really cagey with his answers, even for him this week.

Perry is out getting reps, but Tucker wouldn't commit to him playing this week; Sounds like they are trying to save his RS iyam.

I think we can expect to see Noyer out there at some point this weekend.

Young guards that got playing time last week got it cause they have improved and he wanted to see them get reps (I translate this into him saying they replaced under performing older guys, but MT is a lot harder to translate than MM).

This dude is a cold fish to read.

Last edited:
Back