What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

@ Arizona State September 21st

Yeah ASU fans suck

YP4_2412.jpg
I’m quite sure they do.

I’ll let myself out.

These late games are tough on the teams. Waiting all day especially on the road would be brutal.

I’m in Phoenix. Just stepped outside and it isn’t bad at all. About the same time now as kickoff will be Saturday night.

Looks like by the second quarter it will actually be down to 87, and in the low 80’s by the second half. Which without the sun is great.

Should be a nice evening.

Man, I tried to come up with reasons I don't like ASU, and I really couldn't come up with one, especially now that Todd Graham is gone. I mean, who hates Herm?

We can make fun of them for sure, from the stupid fork hand sign to them being a glorified community college to the fact that they have an inordinate amount of former students in the adult entertainment industry, but actually hate/dislike them? Meh.

I dont HATE herm but i find him pretty annoying. He's overly dramatic and acts like he thinks everything he says is some sort of profound bit of wisdom

This is a game I have thought CU needed all along. I still think we are a long ways away from how Tucker wants his defense to look. The back 7 is still swimming massively but there isn't a whole lot of time left. CU needs this game and if they don't get a W here, I am not sure how we become bowl eligible.

We can't rely on outcoaching this team. Herm is getting everything he can out of his teams. Montez and Johnson will need to take what ASU defense gives them and not force the issue. We seemed panicked at times against Air Force and thought that hurt us in the end. Would really like to see them lean on Mangham a little in this one. Do that, and hopefully some pockets open up in the passing game.

How about a hypnotist for montez? If they can get people to quit smoking maybe they can get him to step up in pocket, keep eyes forward, and see the open guys he is missing.
Risky. Could result in serious physical injury. ‘Primary covered...secondary covered...tertiary covered...quat’ -SPLAT

I’m in Phoenix. Just stepped outside and it isn’t bad at all. About the same time now as kickoff will be Saturday night.

Looks like by the second quarter it will actually be down to 87, and in the low 80’s by the second half. Which without the sun is great.

Should be a nice evening.

The problem is that stadium has no air flow. It turns into a ****ing sauna powered by the radiant heat coming from that hill and the trashy ASU fans' sweat.

Okay, this is OT.

So, who's going to the game?

"In the weeks between that opening workout on Sept. 27 and the Nov. 8 season opener against Arizona State in China, the chatter certain to surround the Buffaloes will only grow more complimentary."

BB of course. Is there an AD sponsored package?

add:

"Folks around the country are taking notice of the Buffs, who in a few seasons have morphed from a talented but extremely young team relying heavily on freshmen and sophomores to the most experienced returning roster in the Pac-12 Conference. The latest version of ESPN’s “Way-Too-Early Top 25” published last week slotted the Buffs at No. 24. On Monday, national college basketball reporter Andy Katz tabbed CU junior guard McKinley Wright as the preseason favorite for the Pac-12’s Player of the Year honor while predicting a No. 8 seed in the 2020 NCAA Tournament for the Buffs."

**** the scum devils! Aside from the Fuskers, it seems like most Nubs enjoy this team, probably due to their frequency in the CWS through the 80’s and 90’s. I’ve been to the greater Phoenix area, including Tempe, enough times to get the feeling that Phoenix has a Florida of the desert vibe (I haven’t been there in 20 years this week, so I could be wrong about it now)

This game has me nervous. It’s a hope and wait to see which Buffs show up on Saturday and then which Buffs stay on the field through the echo of the last whistle. Hopefully, it is a coming out game for the Buffs we’ve been hoping for since Tucker coming on board! If the defense comes together enough to hold the edge and big play frequency, it’ll be a large step in the right direction!

So ASU's win over MSU was nothing special?
Of course it's a good win. MSU's offense is really bad, though, so I'm not sure it really says much about ASU other than they had the ability to win ugly on the road. Will ASU be able to stop a better CU offense (assuming we get decent to good Montez)? Will CU's defense be able to put a full game together against an offense that averages less than 20 ppg?

Back