What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Article: A 2nd Open Letter to the CU faithful - Part I: Revisiting the isssues

Once again I agree wholeheartedly. I really respect Embree and EB, et. al for their contributions to the Buffs legacy, but they are absolutely not cutting it as coaches. I am not sure if they will ever be capable one day but for sure not now.

Not sure if ABers have ever heard of the Peter Principle which suggests that people rise in an organization to the point where they are incompetent because they were good at lesser roles.

None of our staff has ever been in the role they are in here, and most made major leaps-i.e. Embree never had been more than a position coach, skipped the coordinator role etc.

I think we need to just announce that Embree is a lame duck though instead of doing it discreetly. First of all Embree would find out sooner or later and so one the media, twitter universe, etc. 2nd it is the right and transparent way to be. 3rd, it avoids speculation after every crappy loss and the mounting tension in the locker room.

Perhaps most importantly, I think announcing it now would allow donors to get behind the strategy and consider contributing to facilities, new coaches salary, etc.

If its the "j&j, not the x&o", and it sounds like the smart football guys on this board generally approve in the uptick in recruiting, why are we now screaming "it's the coaching!"?

Genuine question.

Back