What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Assistants

I’m confused, you’re ok if a guy with responsibilities to coach 1 position can’t recruit?
Not at all. He has to recruit. Saying if he’s not lights out he’s a failure is over board. Tight end coaches who make huge recruiting impacts aren’t that plentiful. Think there’s 4 in the top 100 recruiter list. All at big money schools who will always recruit, Georgia, Florida, Michigan. The guy can be a slightly above average recruiter and an above average tight end coach and still be considered a success. You need to temper expectations if you think every coach we hire at this point is going to come in nabbing 5 stars

Hopefully with his recent ties to big name pro tight ends and his ties to our university and the state of Colorado will at least pay some immediate dividends with such a deep in state crop of tight ends this year. We’ll see

The flat billed hats look dorky.

When I see someone wearing a hat in the flat bill style it always looks like they should have one of their fingers in their nose. Lookin at you Kyle Shanahan.

Not at all. He has to recruit. Saying if he’s not lights out he’s a failure is over board. Tight end coaches who make huge recruiting impacts aren’t that plentiful. Think there’s 4 in the top 100 recruiter list. All at big money schools who will always recruit, Georgia, Florida, Michigan. The guy can be a slightly above average recruiter and an above average tight end coach and still be considered a success. You need to temper expectations if you think every coach we hire at this point is going to come in nabbing 5 stars
If he’s only coaching one group and he’s not a plus recruiter, it’s a wasted AC hire. Coaching staffs are limited in college. You can’t just hire infinite people to fill in the gaps like you can in the NFL.

So RG and KD want us to believe they value recruiting and they hire someone who has really never been involved in college recruiting for arguably the second biggest recruiting position on the staff outside of RB coach?

Lights out, very good, whatever adjective you want to use. You’re not seeing many in the top recruiter lists because most schools don’t have a dedicated TE coach who isn’t also responsible for inside WR or special teams. If you’re only going to coach 1 position group with 5-6 players total you better be a well above average recruiter.

KD must know him well enough to believe he will recruit well. Like coach Tucker knew about coach Mike. But I bet Mel thought that his young CB coach would also excel. I'd assume anyway.

KD must know him well enough to believe he will recruit well. Like coach Tucker knew about coach Mike. But I bet Mel thought that his young CB coach would also excel. I'd assume anyway.
At the very least, both Embrees understand that CFB is all about recruiting. Doesn’t mean the younger will necessarily be good at it, but he knows he has to do it to advance his career.

In what world is 4 years in the League "not a lot of experience"? Did you start your first job with "4 years of experience"? SHEESH!

Yes, I had at least 5 years in the customer service world selling lemonade on the sidewalk, before I sold people chicken at Boston Market at 16.

No one expects 5* players.

I’m confused, you’re ok if a guy with responsibilities to coach 1 position can’t recruit?
If he’s not also STC, he must recruit all positions. On paper he is a C. Let’s see his personality and acumen.

If he’s not also STC, he must recruit all positions. On paper he is a C. Let’s see his personality and acumen.
Yeah obviously he isn’t going to be STC too. Must be thinking S or CB coach can handle those roles cause OL/DL coaches certainly won’t and Chev, Hagan, Summers and Mich are also not going to

Back