What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Assistants

Re: Chev

You all remember that his son is on the team, right?

I have a hard time seeing him be so upset about not getting the job that he would leave the school he loves, not work under his mentor and not coach his son in order to go pout. Plus, who else is calling for him? What are his options?
Didn't Brumbaugh's son follow him?

Here's my take on the Chev situation-I want him back, but I also don't want a bad apple on staff. If he's so butthurt about not getting the HC job he can't stand the idea of working for a man he considers a mentor, he should leave now.

I have no concerns about Chev putting this behind him if he comes back. He seems to be incapable of not being himself, I don't think it's in him to shirk responsibility or let mopery affect his work. That said, if he's too hurt to return, it's not the end of the world.

Last edited:
Chev would be looking at QC positions at this point unless someone gets canned after spring ball.

He is probably getting feelers out right now before he makes a decision with other Schools.

Last edited:
This situation that Chev has been put in is really going to test whether or not he bleeds black and gold like he says he does. He's been loyal for a long time. I don't envy him right now. Tough spot. If he stays, great. If he goes, I'll be sorry to see him leave but it's not the end of the world.

This situation that Chev has been put in is really going to test whether or not he bleeds black and gold like he says he does. He's been loyal for a long time. I don't envy him right now. Tough spot. If he stays, great. If he goes, I'll be sorry to see him leave but it's not the end of the world.
Exactly. And it’s not a tough spot. He and his followers and his recruits convinced himself that he was a serious candidate. I didn’t get the impression from RG that he was at all. He just doesn’t have the resume at all to take over a P5 job. He doesn’t. He needs to be a co-OC for a few years under a good OC, then be a successful OC, then probably go be a head coach for a G5 school.

Alternatively, be co-OC here under a good OC, then when that OC moves on, be the sole OC here for a few years, and if Karl tells him he wants to be the CU coach for 3-5 more years after that, then Chev goes and is a head coach for a G5 school. Then can interview for HC here when Karl retires. (Hoping he does well enough to not get fired).

It’s only that fact that we have sucked so badly and he has been a great recruiter that has his name in consideration here. His name didn’t come up for any other head coaching or offensive coordinator job this off season that I’m aware of.

And if he can’t be mature enough to realize that, then CU will get along without him. My question is, can he quit? Without owing money?

Here's my take on the Chev situation-I want him back, but I also don't want a bad apple on staff. If he's so butthurt about not getting the HC job he can't stand the idea of working for a man he considers a mentor, he should leave now.

I completely agree.

I found it interesting, during the HCKD’s press conference, the focus on coaches being good teachers. From what I have heard, that is not Chiv’s strength as a coach. I’m pretty amazed that Chiv is as great a recruiter as he is listed as being, based on the interviews I’ve heard/seen with him and the (albeit) limited feedback I’ve heard from players. I can’t picture him getting a HC job anywhere else anytime soon, frankly. Some guys inspire that sense of leadership, and some guys don’t.
It seems from what I hear, RG threaded an incredible needle in finding and hiring HCKD; simply promoting Chiv may have caused some problems. Now that he’s this upset, not sure if he can be the same guy as he was before here.

I hope so, as he’s been a real asset here in his specific role. He’s a true Buff, no doubt. Not sure he can carry that mojo to another school at the same level.

I titally get Chevs position. I had a similar situation. You can be amazed on what you can sell yourself. I can talk myself into just about anything. I am sure he’s mad and his mind totally justified. He may need to move on to be able to move on. I am sure in time he’ll understand the whole thing. I hope the best for him. Unfortunately I’m sure we will lose some of our guys because of MT and chev. But such is life and we will push forward

I titally get Chevs position. I had a similar situation. You can be amazed on what you can sell yourself. I can talk myself into just about anything. I am sure he’s mad and his mind totally justified. He may need to move on to be able to move on. I am sure in time he’ll understand the whole thing. I hope the best for him. Unfortunately I’m sure we will lose some of our guys because of MT and chev. But such is life and we will push forward
Some posts just make me laugh. It must be the childish boy still in me.

Back