What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Assistants

Didn't he or someone else say this is normal that staff aren't retained after a HC change?
Yes. Adam (i think?) indicated the recruiting staff was let go by the AD during the search process, with the opportunity to re-interview once the staff was in place.

I like what KD has done for the defense. Continuity with Tyson Summers and great recruiters in Michalowsk, and Martin. The problem is the offense. There are major risks,
Taylor Embree is a first time full time TE coach. Chev first time handling the OC role by himself. Not sharing the role with some one else. In a year from now, we will find out if the gamble works out. Chev could be on his way to be a first time head coach or could be demoted or fired.

I know its been said that the rumor around Mel and the Assistants was False but do these actions mean that someone thinks there is legitimacy to them? This pivot seems off to me. Must seem off to others or else it would not garner so much attention.

What does your last line mean?
Career football recruiting wonks fit CU.

Mel wanted to attract recruits with football recruiting groupie hotties like many other programs do where he has coached.

Mel's approach works, but it's a ticking time bomb at CU that goes against the university ethos -- especially after 2003.

We will never be a place that has that stuff and does things like having a bunch of hottie female students being given instructions to treat recruits like a Vegas stripper treats a drunk tradeshow attendee. That's the culture at other schools for this stuff.

P.S. Cymone George shouldn't be lumped in with that. She's a football person who happens to be an attractive woman. She is still part of the CU football operations with a new title.

Anyone have a link to the suspected OL coach’s bio?
I didn't know we had a suspected OL coach.

My drift to the dark side today is that I got excited when some people on 247 started wondering if Adrian Klemm would be a good candidate.

Answer: Hell yes! If we can sweep a couple issues under the rug. Elite recruiter valued enough for his abilities as a position coach to be getting NFL jobs the past few years.

I didn't know we had a suspected OL coach.

My drift to the dark side today is that I got excited when some people on 247 started wondering if Adrian Klemm would be a good candidate.

Answer: Hell yes! If we can sweep a couple issues under the rug. Elite recruiter valued enough for his abilities as a position coach to be getting NFL jobs the past few years.
Klemm's issues are less than Cable's? I"m not really familiar with either, I just seem to recall you not wanting Cable because of some allegations - possibly more? Just looking for some clarification.

Any confirmation on Drew Wilson yet? Assuming he is waiting to see if an offer materializes from Bama or Midnight Mel before making any affirmations on staying at Colorado.

Klemm's issues are less than Cable's? I"m not really familiar with either, I just seem to recall you not wanting Cable because of some allegations - possibly more? Just looking for some clarification.
I didn't say I was against Cable for that stuff - just that it was probably a non-starter due to alleged anger management issue that led to violence against staffers and women.

Klemm had a couple things. Allegations and lawsuits that he and Mora bullied injured players. And then there was the 2-year NCAA show-cause ban on hiring him around paying for trainers & housing (iirc) for some players out of his pocket.

Any confirmation on Drew Wilson yet? Assuming he is waiting to see if an offer materializes from Bama or Midnight Mel before making any affirmations on staying at Colorado.
Bama hired Indiana’s S&C coach. Not sure about MSU. Everything has been posted about MSU’s staff being filled out entirely so hopefully meaning S&C as well. I would assume Wilson is staying.

Mel wanted to attract recruits with football recruiting groupie hotties like many other programs do where he has coached.

Mel's approach works, but it's a ticking time bomb at CU that goes against the university ethos -- especially after 2003.

We will never be a place that has that stuff and does things like having a bunch of hottie female students being given instructions to treat recruits like a Vegas stripper treats a drunk tradeshow attendee. That's the culture at other schools for this stuff.

P.S. Cymone George shouldn't be lumped in with that. She's a football person who happens to be an attractive woman. She is still part of the CU football operations with a new title.
Do you have any firsthand knowledge that these were just unqualified “Vegas strippers”? Otherwise, those are pretty heavy comments and reek of chauvinism.

Do you have any firsthand knowledge that these were just unqualified “Vegas strippers”? Otherwise, those are pretty heavy comments and reek of chauvinism.
Get real! Not saying these girls did anything unprofessional but at the very least there was some sex appeal marketing going on. It is not illegal, many places and businesses do it but that is what it was.
If they were something else then why were not any of them dudes? Do you think there is a lack of males from the marketing or communication schools who like Football?

Are you talking about hostesses? Does CU even have them?

Get real! Not saying these girls did anything unprofessional but at the very least there was some sex appeal marketing going on. It is not illegal, many places and businesses do it but that is what it was.
If they were something else then why were not any of them dudes? Do you think there is a lack of males from the marketing or communication schools who like Football?
We now see female refs and coaches in the NFL. I view it as CU giving women a chance to get a start in football and perhaps pursue a career down the road. Whether that might be in broadcast journalism or within a football program.

It never occurred to me to label these young women as bimbos and dolts based on nothing but a scroll through their social media.

Are you talking about hostesses? Does CU even have them?
I don't know for sure if we did it. I know Mel was in favor of it. It's common and it works. Some even go to the HS games in an unofficial capacity to show how interested the school is in a recruit.

Just not something I think fits CU. Not our brand of feminism.

We now see female refs and coaches in the NFL. I view it as CU giving women a chance to get a start in football and perhaps pursue a career down the road. Whether that might be in broadcast journalism or within a football program.

It never occurred to me to label these young women as bimbos and dolts based on nothing but a scroll through their social media.
You are absolutely right they are all coaches in training.

I didn't put those labels on them. You just did. I look at it from the Camille Paglia angle -- women have power to influence men by using their attractiveness & preying upon how men are, so they can own that and use that. My less than charitable thoughts are for the men who don't realize they're being played or for adults who direct this play at teenagers.

I don't think that's the approach that fits CU culture if it's the overt strategy. But it does work.

Back