What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ASU Pregame Thread: 10/6 @ 2 PM MT on P12N

I got really tired of the jet sweep for no gain. Stop running that damned play so much! Or use it as deception. UCLA was selling out to stop it. Fake the handoff and go the other way.

I have the same reaction.
Someone suggested in my section that the point of the east-west running wasn’t just about moving chains, but was also being used as a tactic to gas the UCLA defense.

Get them out of breath, go Folsom fast, and the get behind the DB’s on the next down.

UCLA’s edge defense was quicker in the first half and then not so much in the second.

His thesis sounded good at the time.

Someone suggested in my section that the point of the east-west running wasn’t just about moving chains, but was also being used as a tactic to gas the UCLA defense.

Get them out of breath, go Folsom fast, and the get behind the DB’s on the next down.

UCLA’s edge defense was quicker in the first half and then not so much in the second.

Short passing game this week might be the way to go. ASU's D looks way more aggressive than UCLA's did.

Has there been any kind of injury update ahead of this week? Don't like a few of the Viska shoulder comments that have been floating around (obviously it's not affecting his performance). Also saw a comment about Wigley and Abrams?

I really like watching our buffs kick ass so far but the teams we’ve played are a combined 1-14. This has been brought up nationally. Against ASU it might not matter but against the better teams I’m worried.
Remember, over a quarter of those posted loses were delivered by Montez and Co. Winning is pretty cool huh.

So, do they repaint the helmets every time they switch the color, or does each player have 4?
Supposed to rain a lot next weekend. Probably not a factor unless a real downpour. (Too bad there are no more sloppy fields)

Benjamin looked legit vs OSU. Must slow down that run game
Not to take anything away from Benjamin, because I think he is a good football player. But let's not forget he had two games with less than 30 yards total rushing. OSU is still terrible. 300 yards is incredible, but it was a very bad team he did that against.

Montez talks about gassing them with the sideline to sideline strategy in the first minute of this post game interview

Not to take anything away from Benjamin, because I think he is a good football player. But let's not forget he had two games with less than 30 yards total rushing. OSU is still terrible. 300 yards is incredible, but it was a very bad team he did that against.
Not just a bad team defensively, but a terrible team at defending the run. OSU has allowed 303 yards per game rushing, which is third worst in the entire FBS (only UConn and Bowling Green are worse), averaging 6.9 yards/attempt (2nd worst in FBS). ESPN has their defensive efficiency as the 16th worst in FBS.

Sounds like Lynott will be out a bit - HCMM was really coy about that.
Frank is getting worked in now, sounds like that was always the plan.
Tchangam is in now because he's lost 20+ pounds.. apparently he lifted too much.
No set QB2

I heard Lynott got benched. And if he was injured he wouldn't have played in garbage time.

Who would have thought Lynott would get passed by? Speaks well of recent recruiting. The guy who was head and shoulders above the rest is now on the bench.

At this point, I have to call out Hawg.

He believes that MM is not the right guy.

Let’s discuss again 2 games down the road. Right now, I am on the train.

Who would have thought Lynott would get passed by? Speaks well of recent recruiting. The guy who was head and shoulders above the rest is now on the bench.

At this point, I have to call out Hawg.

He believes that MM is not the right guy.

Let’s discuss again 2 games down the road. Right now, I am on the train.

Aaron Haigler, an OT if there ever was an OT, is starting at OG. Sherman is too small to play OG. There are three OTs playing on the OL, at least two, if not all three, are playing out of position.

Last points: 1) you see PFF grades this week for OL? 2) you seen grades for OL in official CU stats?

You want to call me out? Thanks for making my point.

This is not what is supposed to happen in year 6.

Adams must go. Loyalty will get you beat.

All criticism of the OL (players and coach) is fair. It has been an abject institutional failure year after year.

Aaron Haigler, an OT if there ever was an OT, is starting at OG. Sherman is too small to play OG. There are three OTs playing on the OL, at least two, if not all three, are playing out of position.

Last points: 1) you see PFF grades this week for OL? 2) you seen grades for OL in official CU stats?

You want to call me out? Thanks for making my point.

Let’s discuss after USC

So, do they repaint the helmets every time they switch the color, or does each player have 4?
Supposed to rain a lot next weekend. Probably not a factor unless a real downpour. (Too bad there are no more sloppy fields)
there are 4 helmets per player. 1 in each color. They are kept in the equipment room until needed. They are also repainted every week, they use them in practice and touch them up before game day so they look 100%

Aaron Haigler, an OT if there ever was an OT, is starting at OG.
He's able to play both. This is a plus, not a minus.
Yes, true. Might be different if Miller, Lynott and Moretti were healthy and starting. But no excuses.
Can't blame Adams for 6 years, he's only been the coach for 2. In fact, the recent adds at OL are so much better than we've seen in years. We are starting two frosh and Fillip looks like a guy who might be starting soon enough.

Our OL is our achilles, but I've seen a lot of progress in the last two years.

Reactions: DBT
He's able to play both. This is a plus, not a minus.

Yes, true. Might be different if Miller, Lynott and Moretti were healthy and starting. But no excuses.

Can't blame Adams for 6 years, he's only been the coach for 2. In fact, the recent adds at OL are so much better than we've seen in years. We are starting two frosh and Fillip looks like a guy who might be starting soon enough.

Our OL is our achilles, but I've seen a lot of progress in the last two years.
How do you explain the recent grades? And all the different combos?

It’s a hot mess.

How do you explain the recent grades? And all the different combos?

It’s a hot mess.
I see that we are playing a lot of guys and looking for combinations. I'd been saying for weeks that Lynott was getting beat. Adams is dealing with the deck he got. We are going to hit some bumps but we've got some flexibility and some guys getting experience. We have two starting freshmen, an OG who was playing DL 15 months ago.

If you told this board at the end of last season, that we were going to battle without Miller, Lynott and Moretti, folks would think we were 0-4 by now.

When you talk about SoS and opposing teams' records, it can get complicated. Yeah, our opponents' records suck, but UCLA's is a little deceiving in that their opponents' collective record is 17-1. The Nubs lost to Troy and Purdue, but they also lost to us and at Michigan. CSU lost to Illinois State, but also lost to us and at Florida.

I see that we are playing a lot of guys and looking for combinations. I'd been saying for weeks that Lynott was getting beat. Adams is dealing with the deck he got. We are going to hit some bumps but we've got some flexibility and some guys getting experience. We have two starting freshmen, an OG who was playing DL 15 months ago.

If you told this board at the end of last season, that we were going to battle without Miller, Lynott and Moretti, folks would think we were 0-4 by now.

How many weeks do the coaches have to get it figured out? Sounds like you are willing to give Adams a pass regardless.

How many weeks do the coaches have to get it figured out? Sounds like you are willing to give Adams a pass regardless.
I think the line is playing well given the circumstances. You can't fix Berrardi's issues in 2 years.

That's not giving a pass, it's being realistic.

Hawg's been trolling this staff since his boy was so unfairly fired. Broken record.

I think the line is playing well given the circumstances. You can't fix Berrardi's issues in 2 years.

That's not giving a pass, it's being realistic.

Hawg's been trolling this staff since his boy was so unfairly fired. Broken record.
Wait. hawg is Big Jim?

THIS! I spoke to member of the staff, gave him a hard time about the jet sweeps. That was the whole plan, run those guys side to side and wear their @sses out. It worked! Kudos

Back