What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

AWESOME! 1990 Uni's coming outLALL NEXT YEAR

Not going to happen. If I remember correctly they said the new logo look brings a "Hispanic" touch to it according to Bohn.. I will search for the article tomorrow..

Besides that, at least we are getting rid of those awful uniforms that we have.. 1990 is fine with me..

your post seems to contradict itself.

your post seems to contradict itself.

I was talking about the CU symbol logo.. The CU isn't the same as it was..

The pants and jersey of today are just bad.

I am not a big fan of uniform changes or updated "looks" .. I like the teams that stay the same, Penn State, Steelers, Michigan, Bama, Packers, Browns.

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best news from CU football since December 2001. This is one jersey I will go out and buy but it better be the same stuff as the 90s threads and none of that gay italics CU in the buffalo or on the chest. Gimmie a bold COLORADO and a BOLD CU in that helmet!

Personally, I doubt it happens and am sure they will gay it up with some maxi pads stuck on the shoulders or something.

Hmmmmm. any chance we could get EB to come in and be an honorary coach?

Letting a Hawkins lead team wear these all season is a slap in the face of a proud 1990 MNC squad. That's a tradition that's neither timid nor weak unlike the current regime.

completely agree with this....I'm not sure our product on the field is going to match the glory of the uniforms. I do think we can beat Georgia though...we might not beat anybody else...but we WILL beat Georgia.

I LOVE IT! I agree, they SHOULD keep them for good...enough of the fashion forward crap....stick with a traditional look like the Michigan's, Ohio State's, Notre Dame's, Oklahoma's, Nebraska's and Penn State's of the world have....

Not going to happen. If I remember correctly they said the new logo look brings a "Hispanic" touch to it according to Bohn.. I will search for the article tomorrow..

Besides that, at least we are getting rid of those awful uniforms that we have.. 1990 is fine with me..

"hispanic touch", what does that even mean? i'm not a hater or immigration racist...two of my best buddies are Mexican nationals. good people, do anything for a friend. but what can that possibly mean re: CU football? the CU campus architecture is Tuscan, not Mayan. it makes no sense, set myself on fire sometimes with this current AD who thinks he's a lot smarter than everyone else because he's a PR wonk. style, substance? at some point the BS you are selling needs to be good BS.

Helmet color is key.

Agreed this is the most important thing. Start painting them again.

SJRJRNRZMRRXOSL.20090911170316.jpg
View attachment 4535

I would love to see the article where Bohn said that the new CU logo had a "hispanic" touch because I'm pretty sure you'll never find it. CU did brand itself with "Vamos Buffaloes" when Bohn first got here to sell to a broader base within Colorado but I never remember hearing the "CU" was hispanic.

I would love to see the article where Bohn said that the new CU logo had a "hispanic" touch because I'm pretty sure you'll never find it. CU did brand itself with "Vamos Buffaloes" when Bohn first got here to sell to a broader base within Colorado but I never remember hearing the "CU" was hispanic.

I want that shirt

I have that shirt. More accurately, my wife has that shirt.

This is a great opportunity for the fans to petition to bring back these jerseys for good. I know I'm buying one.

Yea, wear the 1990 uniforms next season. That will get 8 or 9 wins alone, and the sales of jerseys will generate lots of $$$ for the program. Makes sense to me.

I was thinking about the reasoning behind this if it is true and this is the best I can come up with. The school knows they will lose a ton of interest this year and the only people that are interested in those ****ty uniforms we have been wearing the past decade or so are folks who aren't really fans, they just want to buy the newest thing out there. With bringing the classic jerseys back, they will get tons of interest from real fans who have been around for ever and have not bought any CU gear in ages. This is the stuff they remembered seeing when we were last a great team, not the italics crap on the jersey that looks like trash bags with a piss colored helmet. Without firing the coach, and realizing that they probably will not be able to put a good product out there on the field, this is really the only option the AD has for drawing interest in this team this year.

So when does this stuff go on sale. For me, I wont believe it until I see it.

I was thinking about the reasoning behind this if it is true and this is the best I can come up with. The school knows they will lose a ton of interest this year and the only people that are interested in those ****ty uniforms we have been wearing the past decade or so are folks who aren't really fans, they just want to buy the newest thing out there. With bringing the classic jerseys back, they will get tons of interest from real fans who have been around for ever and have not bought any CU gear in ages. This is the stuff they remembered seeing when we were last a great team, not the italics crap on the jersey that looks like trash bags with a piss colored helmet. Without firing the coach, and realizing that they probably will not be able to put a good product out there on the field, this is really the only option the AD has for drawing interest in this team this year.

So when does this stuff go on sale. For me, I wont believe it until I see it.

I find your position that "real fans" are the ones who have "not bought any CU gear in ages" interesting. Please expand.

The rationale is that it's the 20th anniversary of our national championship. That's a big deal. Coach Mac lobbied hard for this and to bring back the team for the Georgia game. He thought that game was appropriate because it's representative of the fact that the 1990 Buffs played the most difficult schedule in the nation that year.

Hopefully having all of that stuff around the program this year will create the perfect storm for a breakout season and recruiting year. We fans have suffered enough. The football gods owe us.

I find your position that "real fans" are the ones who have "not bought any CU gear in ages" interesting. Please expand.

Let me clarify. People trying to make a fashion statement aren't sporting the 90s stuff, they are wearing the new crap and if you see someone wearing the 90s style jersey, you can bet that is a real fan.

That wasn't the point of my post though, it was more like, bringing the older unis back is about the only way the AD is going to be able to create any additional interest in the program this year.

Back