What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bad News - Winfree to miss season with torn ACL

Gloom, despair and agony on me
Deepest dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair and agony on me....

rlsf4q.jpg

So much for the new strength and conditioning coach. Not to worried about it though. Got 2 other WR from 2016 and 2015 that will be a big help as well. Plus we should be hitting Irwin more anyway. Hope he get well soon and at least he isn't loosing any playing years.

So much for the new strength and conditioning coach. Not to worried about it though. Got 2 other WR from 2016 and 2015 that will be a big help as well. Plus we should be hitting Irwin more anyway. Hope he get well soon and at least he isn't loosing any playing years.
An ACL tear has nothing to do with the S&C coach. There is almost nothing you can do to prevent that injury.

Sucks for sure but the odds are we always lose a starter or two during fall camp, happens to just about everybody.

I don't want to freak some of you guys out even more than you are, but I think you should know that it's almost certain that Winfree will not be the only injury that happens this season.
What?! TYPICAL BUFF LUCK. What a kick to the balls. The football gods hate us. #TheCurseIsReal /sarcasm

Can't really know for sure how big of a loss this is since we haven't seen him play, but I can say that I was really looking forward to finding out what he brought to the team and actually having a deep threat. Ento isn't the answer right now as he really needs to add strength, so I hope someone from the rest of the group really steps up.

when I saw the headline that a major contributor at WR was out for the season, my first thought was Fields. I was actually relieved to hear it was Winfree. This isn't a season killer like losing PRich was. It hurts, but we do have other players who can and will step up.

I liken this to losing Carr. Yeah, it sucks, but this alone won't be the difference in any single game this year.

I don't want to freak some of you guys out even more than you are, but I think you should know that it's almost certain that Winfree will not be the only injury that happens this season.
WHAT!?!?! Fire the staff! This kind of BS doesn't happen at Alabama.

Need Ento to step up and take that position. I couldn't see much from Huntley in the scrimmage, but people have said good things based on the open practices, any more info on his progression?

Need Ento to step up and take that position. I couldn't see much from Huntley in the scrimmage, but people have said good things based on the open practices, any more info on his progression?

I've been hearing less about Huntley and more about Julmisse lately. But with closed practices I don't think we really know. They are both really good.

Man. Was really excited to see Winfree. We've been hearing good reports about Ento, so hopefully that softens the blow. Winfree will come back and tear it up in 2017.

I've been hearing less about Huntley and more about Julmisse lately. But with closed practices I don't think we really know. They are both really good.
Yeah julmisse is the truth, but he also plays more inside right?

Back