What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Basketball Countdown - 3 Hours To Go

They'll be playing at 1am to 3am their time. At altitude. That would be brutal for most teams, I would imagine.

They'll be playing at 1am to 3am their time. At altitude. That would be brutal for most teams, I would imagine.

Auburn is in the Central Time Zone, but still. I'm sure Pearl is saying Who in the f*** scheduled this game?"

Auburn is in the Central Time Zone, but still. I'm sure Pearl is saying Who in the f*** scheduled this game?"

Knowing Pearl? I bet he's ok with it honestly. Dude loves the spotlight. He'll do everything he can - even 11 pm tipoffs.

Pearl was hired back in March. He is the person who scheduled a road game at Boulder. Then, both programs had to agree to the invite from ESPN to adjust the date & time if they wanted to be in the Tip Off Marathon.

[tweet]532934289709867008[/tweet]

Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like Dom is up and running in this photo

1 Day

img21704425.jpg

My little man, youngest, will be with me tomorrow. May have to see you guys at the foam dome with the early start though.

Can't wait. Hopefully the student section will be packed but I'm not holding my breath. I'll be in there +at least 3.

Please tell me you're kidding about the bold.

Unfortunately I'm not. I could be completely wrong but I've been to just about every CU basketball game since I stepped on campus. It seems the student's really only show up for the big games (UCLA, Kansas, Zona). I know it's the first game of the season but it's Drexel.

To be clear I'm talking about the student section being well up into the bleacher seats and in both corners with no large gaps. I just don't see that happening but I really really hope I'm wrong.

Unfortunately I'm not. I could be completely wrong but I've been to just about every CU basketball game since I stepped on campus. It seems the student's really only show up for the big games (UCLA, Kansas, Zona). I know it's the first game of the season but it's Drexel.

To be clear I'm talking about the student section being well up into the bleacher seats and in both corners with no large gaps. I just don't see that happening but I really really hope I'm wrong.

Gotcha, ok. I'm not as worried then. I wasn't necessarily expecting a PACKED student section, but 75% full is a reasonable expectation for the first game. I have faith in them.

EDIT - how's the atmosphere around campus for the 11 pm tip? People excited about that? They're gonna have to pick up the slack for us old folks.

Gotcha, ok. I'm not as worried then. I wasn't necessarily expecting a PACKED student section, but 75% full is a reasonable expectation for the first game. I have faith in them.

EDIT - how's the atmosphere around campus for the 11 pm tip? People excited about that? They're gonna have to pick up the slack for us old folks.

I think 75% is definitely reasonable but it might not even be that full. The weather (as lame of an excuse as that is) seems to have an effect on student attendance.

As for the Auburn game, there's been a lot more advertisement that I've seen on campus for that game than the season opener. I think it will be well attended. It's hard for me to know though, because all of my friends go to every game that we can.

Auburn game is a national game, against a national opponent. The AD is pushing that one from what I have seen from CUnit and on campus. My guess is they are worried about attendance for that one. Drexel will be plenty full. Probably not a sell out but 75-80% capacity would be good for that kind of opponent.

The team needs to take the next step in terms of tournament wins, fans are going to have to take the next step of truly selling out every game regardless of opponent.

Auburn game is a national game, against a national opponent. The AD is pushing that one from what I have seen from CUnit and on campus. My guess is they are worried about attendance for that one. Drexel will be plenty full. Probably not a sell out but 75-80% capacity would be good for that kind of opponent.

The team needs to take the next step in terms of tournament wins, fans are going to have to take the next step of truly selling out every game regardless of opponent.

we'd all like to see that, but even schools like Carolina and Kentucky don't sell out for the non-conf schedule fillers.

I'm still amazed at how cheap my tickets are. I've gotta think that an increase is coming next year, but then again I've been saying that for 2 years now.

They do have much higher prices.

alec, true -- UNC doesn't have $10 blocks of tickets, but for non-conf fillers most sell for $25, which isn't stopping anyone who wants to see a game.
goose, agree. IMO, CU hoops (and football for that matter) tickets are the best entertainment value in the Boulder/Denver metro area. live music is much more expensive here than on the East coast and tix to the Denver area pro-sports teams are usually much more costly than CU tickets (never mind that the product is arguably better).

I'm still amazed at how cheap my tickets are. I've gotta think that an increase is coming next year, but then again I've been saying that for 2 years now.

I think it is just your tickets. Mine cost $700 (I think) for the pair although this page shows that they should be $900.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=209483725&DB_OEM_ID=600

So if my math is correct there are 16 home games which makes it $22 a game if I paid $350 or $28 a game if it was $450.

So now compare my seats to other schools:

OSU: $200?
USC: $375
Colorado: $450
Stanford: $549
WSU: $570
Utah: $575
Oregon: $700
Cal: $702 (also must pay a one-time $5000 donation)
ASU: $1100
Washington: $1485
Arizona: $1814
UCLA: $3315

The interesting thing is that it looks like almost every other school treats the lower level corners as premium seats and we charge next to nothing for ours. I can see those become very expensive in the next few years and the other seats going up $100 or maybe a bit more.

I think it is just your tickets. Mine cost $700 (I think) for the pair although this page shows that they should be $900.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=209483725&DB_OEM_ID=600

So if my math is correct there are 16 home games which makes it $22 a game if I paid $350 or $28 a game if it was $450.

So now compare my seats to other schools:

OSU: $200?
USC: $375
Colorado: $450
Stanford: $549
WSU: $570
Utah: $575
Oregon: $700
Cal: $702 (also must pay a one-time $5000 donation)
ASU: $1100
Washington: $1485
Arizona: $1814
UCLA: $3315

The interesting thing is that it looks like almost every other school treats the lower level corners as premium seats and we charge next to nothing for ours. I can see those become very expensive in the next few years and the other seats going up $100 or maybe a bit more.

Once plans to renovate Coors become serious, ticket prices will definitely jump. Only a matter of time.

Back