What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Basketball Countdown - 3 Hours To Go

They do have much higher prices.

I'm still amazed at how cheap my tickets are. I've gotta think that an increase is coming next year, but then again I've been saying that for 2 years now.

alec, true -- UNC doesn't have $10 blocks of tickets, but for non-conf fillers most sell for $25, which isn't stopping anyone who wants to see a game.
goose, agree. IMO, CU hoops (and football for that matter) tickets are the best entertainment value in the Boulder/Denver metro area. live music is much more expensive here than on the East coast and tix to the Denver area pro-sports teams are usually much more costly than CU tickets (never mind that the product is arguably better).
The cheap tickets are really a double-edged sword for attendance, IMO. It becomes a little too easy for people who are really interested in two or three games, like last year with Kansas, Arizona, and UCLA, to just go ahead and buy season tickets to get into those games, and then they can sell or give away the other games but they don't really feel like they are out anything if they don't unload them. The people who have had the season tickets right behind me the past couple of years have definitely taken that approach. They show up to the big games, talk about anything other than basketball, then leave halfway through the second half. For the other games, those seats either end up empty or they have opposing team fans in them (which is partially why I've developed a strong distaste for Washington fans).

I'm hopeful that we'll soon reach the point of pricing out the really casual fans, but have developed enough demand that those tickets are purchased by those who will actually come to every game and be involved in the games.

I think it is just your tickets. Mine cost $700 (I think) for the pair although this page shows that they should be $900.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=209483725&DB_OEM_ID=600

So if my math is correct there are 16 home games which makes it $22 a game if I paid $350 or $28 a game if it was $450.

So now compare my seats to other schools:

OSU: $200?
USC: $375
Colorado: $450
Stanford: $549
WSU: $570
Utah: $575
Oregon: $700
Cal: $702 (also must pay a one-time $5000 donation)
ASU: $1100
Washington: $1485
Arizona: $1814
UCLA: $3315

The interesting thing is that it looks like almost every other school treats the lower level corners as premium seats and we charge next to nothing for ours. I can see those become very expensive in the next few years and the other seats going up $100 or maybe a bit more.

I'm hoping they can keep them in that $700 range tops. Went to the ASU game down there last year since I was in Phoenix that weekend anyway. It is students and bluehairs...and that is it. There weren't many recent grads, likely because ASU has priced them out. UCLA and Arizona can get away with those prices, not sure how UW justifies those prices.

My tickets have doubled in price in three years. I expect some additional increases, but hopefully not too much. Much more, and it becomes difficult to justify three season tickets.

My tickets have doubled in price in three years. I expect some additional increases, but hopefully not too much. Much more, and it becomes difficult to justify three season tickets.

Are you in the section that went from bleachers to chairs?

well the cheap seats are sold out for tonight. i think it'll be a pretty good crowd, much better than last year's opener.

I'm in the same boat. For the first couple of seasons I had 3, it was nice when just my dad and I could sit 2 in the space of 3 for most games. Now, with the increased cost, I have to really justify not finding someone for that 3rd seat; or selling the ticket and having someone sit next to us.

I'm still amazed at how cheap my tickets are. I've gotta think that an increase is coming next year, but then again I've been saying that for 2 years now.

It's pretty crazy how cheap they remain considering 3 Dances in a row. Hey, great for fans, I'm not complaining, but we lag way behind most peers who are at our level of play.

It's pretty crazy how cheap they remain considering 3 Dances in a row. Hey, great for fans, I'm not complaining, but we lag way behind most peers who are at our level of play.

2nd year of season ticket sell-outs.

But still, for many games, it's impossible to get face value of a ticket on the open market.

CU has to be very careful and strategic with its price creep for basketball. It's coming, but it needs to come rather slowly.

The Kansas game is on Pac 12 Networks right now by the way
Utah home game on right now. Kansas game again at 4:00. I think thats gonna be my pre-game viewing. Also, where are the pump videos?? Last year there were multiple and I haven't been able to find any so far.

what do you guys think [MENTION=1852]Buffnik[/MENTION] was like as a kid during Christmas?

Watching the OT game vs Utah from last season on PACN right now. The missed free throws and easy chances given up in OT are pissing me off all over again. And I'm also out of my chair as XT lights it up. :lol:

God these last couple hours at work are dragging since I'm so excited to get to the game!

Please tell me you're kidding about the bold.

Well I was wrong. What a pleasant surprise to see the student section full.

I need to rant though. I'm sick of the attitude of a lot of the students at CU sporting events. To me, the fun of going to games as a student is joining in on the cheers and being loud and **** like that. There's a sizeable portion of the students that either don't know the cheers/aren't willing to learn them or think they're too cool to participate. There was a douchebag in a pink shirt in front of me (I was in the 7th row) who literally did not participate in one single thing the entire game. He stood there with his hands in his pockets and a bored look on his face, making occasional negative comments about the game to his equally unenthusiastic friend.

I'm proud of the attendance last night but if you are going to show up, then be loud, participate in cheers and traditions, enjoy the game, get excited when big plays happen, boo the refs, talk some trash to the other teams players/coach and stick around after the game and sing the alma mater. It's a lot more fun that way, I promise.

Well I was wrong. What a pleasant surprise to see the student section full.

I need to rant though. I'm sick of the attitude of a lot of the students at CU sporting events. To me, the fun of going to games as a student is joining in on the cheers and being loud and **** like that. There's a sizeable portion of the students that either don't know the cheers/aren't willing to learn them or think they're too cool to participate. There was a douchebag in a pink shirt in front of me (I was in the 7th row) who literally did not participate in one single thing the entire game. He stood there with his hands in his pockets and a bored look on his face, making occasional negative comments about the game to his equally unenthusiastic friend.

I'm proud of the attendance last night but if you are going to show up, then be loud, participate in cheers and traditions, enjoy the game, get excited when big plays happen, boo the refs, talk some trash to the other teams players/coach and stick around after the game and sing the alma mater. It's a lot more fun that way, I promise.

Unfortunately there are always going to be people who think they are too good to participate in things. Now, if it was The Wave they were not doing, I would be totally with them, but since there wasn't a wave going on last night, the guy was just an asshole who thought he was really cool in his pink shirt. **** that guy.

we'd all like to see that, but even schools like Carolina and Kentucky don't sell out for the non-conf schedule fillers.

bad form quoting my own post, I know. I'm still on UNC-Chapel Hill's email list (not to be confused with UNC-Greely) and just got spam advertising single game ticket sales for next Monday's matchup against #16 Notre Dame.

Back