What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Basketball Game Thread #7 Oklahoma St @ #20 Colorado (Live From the MGM Grand)

Considering CU blew a double digit lead late, really didn't think that way. To me, came down to lack of a killer instinct more then one bad call.

Far as the OSU game, Spencer Dinwiddie's comments about the game take it to another level. Pretty clear he felt Smart got calls that he wasn't getting.
I get what you are saying, they shouldn't have been in that position, I agree. It still doesn't change my thought process. I usually wouldn't hold a single call against them, but in this case I will. I think the refs psychologically speaking were afraid what would happen if they didn't rule in UofA favor being there.

Not surprised Spencer felt that way, there's probably some truth it, the better(or more noteworthy players) always get the calls.

I think there is some of that. But that's true in most road environments. The refs feed off of the energy of the crowd, and the home team typically gets more calls. Not saying it should be that way, but that is what seems to often happen. You outplay a team for close to 40 minutes... don't want to put the game in the hands of the refs on a call that literally came down to less then 0.1 tenths of a second.

Obviously, it's natural to think you got screwed if the last play of regulation is a bad call, but sometimes a foul call early that is questionable has a bigger impact.

I think there is some of that. But that's true in most road environments. The refs feed off of the energy of the crowd, and the home team typically gets more calls. Not saying it should be that way, but that is what seems to often happen. You outplay a team for close to 40 minutes... don't want to put the game in the hands of the refs on a call that literally came down to less then 0.1 tenths of a second.

Obviously, it's natural to think you got screwed if the last play of regulation is a bad call, but sometimes a foul call early that is questionable has a bigger impact.
Sabatino Chen's three pointer really isn't up for debate, those refs should be fired. And I'm not one to demand that every ref who has walked the Earth should be fired. Just something as egregious as this. On a more judgmental call, I wouldn't have been so ballistic. Again, I'm agreeing with you, it shouldn't have come to that. It still doesn't make what the refs did justified.

For me there are two things that stand out about the loss to Okie State. One is that OSU did a much better job of screening than CU. This allowed them to get more shots in rhythm than the Buffs. The other is that outside of Scott, Booker and Dinwiddie CU was not getting point production. Thinking back to the wins v CSU and Kansas, both times there were players such as Hopkins and Mills who scored critical points. That just didn't happen v OSU.

I have to reiterate that playing a top 10 team just a few days after finals is a tall task. It takes a game for the team to get its rhythm back.

Can't believe the Buffs are doing as well as they are being #337 in D1 experience.

For me there are two things that stand out about the loss to Okie State. One is that OSU did a much better job of screening than CU. This allowed them to get more shots in rhythm than the Buffs. The other is that outside of Scott, Booker and Dinwiddie CU was not getting point production. Thinking back to the wins v CSU and Kansas, both times there were players such as Hopkins and Mills who scored critical points. That just didn't happen v OSU.

I have to reiterate that playing a top 10 team just a few days after finals is a tall task. It takes a game for the team to get its rhythm back.

Can't believe the Buffs are doing as well as they are being #337 in D1 experience.
When did Ok St have finals? I get that they were higher ranked than we were, but I'm sure if they had lost they could've had the excuse -- we just had finals.

Watching the game, I felt from start to finish that OSU was the more physically and emotionally mature team. They baited the officials into calling some things their way. Very savvy. They beat us and deserved to win. That said, I think the Buffs have the higher ceiling.

Watching the game, I felt from start to finish that OSU was the more physically and emotionally mature team. They baited the officials into calling some things their way. Very savvy. They beat us and deserved to win. That said, I think the Buffs have the higher ceiling.
Why do you think we have the higher ceiling than Okie Lite?, just curious.

I remember the announcers also saying that OK State had been in Vegas since Wednesday and had multiple practices in Las Vegas

Why do you think we have the higher ceiling than Okie Lite?, just curious.

They've got a short bench and very veteran team. That plus a coach I don't think much of makes me think they won't get a lot better than they are right now. In fact, OSU may have given its peak performance in the 1st Memphis game.

Back