What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

Hah! This guy apparently doesn't put much value on his reputation.

A former Baylor athletic department employee who was fired in the wake of the investigation into the university's handling of sexual assault complaints has filed a defamation and negligence lawsuit against the law firm and attorneys who conducted the investigation.

Thomas Hill, a former assistant athletic director for community relations and special projects, was fired in late May after 28 years at Baylor. The lawsuit filed Tuesday in Waco, Texas, accuses Philadelphia law firm Pepper Hamilton of negligence and defamation and asks for $60,000 in damages.

And I find this interesting:

Hill's lawsuit comes just five days after Briles filed a lawsuit against Baylor, accusing three regents and a vice president of libel and slander -- and for conspiring to prevent him from getting another coaching job. Briles reached an undisclosed financial settlement with the school in June, although several sources have pegged it at about $17 million.

So I have to ask ... if Art reached a multi-million settlement with **** bailer last June ... how the hell can he turn around and sue the university now? Is he renouncing the settlement?

Anyway ... and it can never be said enough ... **** bailer!

Hah! This guy apparently doesn't put much value on his reputation.

And I find this interesting:

So I have to ask ... if Art reached a multi-million settlement with **** bailer last June ... how the hell can he turn around and sue the university now? Is he renouncing the settlement?

Anyway ... and it can never be said enough ... **** bailer!
How? Cause he only waived what happened in the past. **** Baylor did something new.

Bailer was probably counting on Briles trying to lay low for a few years to let the whole thing blow over. He decided to not play that game. He's ensured himself a permanent retirement from the coaching profession, but he could take down bailer in the process.

Delicious.

Not surprising.

The former president of Baylor University went over the heads of other administrators in 2011 to help a troubled football player who would go on to commit sexual assault stay on the team, according to a report byThe Wall Street Journal.

Defensive end Tevin Elliott was suspended for academic misconduct at the time, but was reinstated after then-university president Ken Starr intervened on his behalf, the newspaper reported, citing two people familiar with the matter.

Final point on it and I'm leaving it alone. Don't tell me none of those muther****ers didn't know. How could all that **** go unnoticed? I don't buy it for a second.

"Baylor is investigating about 125 reports of sexual assault or harassment between 2011 and 2015. Nineteen football players have been accused of sexual or physical assault, including four alleged gang rapes, since 2011, the school has said. "

125 here and 125 there. Pretty soon you are taking about sexual assault numbers that can really get your school in trouble.

"Baylor is investigating about 125 reports of sexual assault or harassment between 2011 and 2015. Nineteen football players have been accused of sexual or physical assault, including four alleged gang rapes, since 2011, the school has said. "

125 here and 125 there. Pretty soon you are taking about sexual assault numbers that can really get your school in trouble.

Boys will be boys.

Especially when faced with young women who are not acting like ladies: dancing, wearing immodest clothing, imbibing alcohol, studying or otherwise spending time with a man in one of their homes without a chaperone, etc.

Not surprising.

Not to quibble, but the tweet says "before the rape conviction" he escaped suspension with the help of Starr, implying Starr helped him after he was accused of rape. But the article says Starr helped him avoid academic suspension in 2011. That was well before the rape and conviction I think. It bothers me when reporters mask things in the way they word them in order to make their point. That happened to us during the scandal and regardless how slimy Baylor is reporters shouldn't get away with this sort of wordsmithing. Hell, with Baylor it isn't necessary. The actual facts are damning enough.

Wow! That's over 30 a year or more than 2 1/2 per month. Take out periods when students are on break, that's around one per week. ONE ASSAULT PER WEEK! Holy ****! It almost sounds like it was like some sort of "Rape Club" for the football team.

Last edited:
Not to quibble, but the tweet says "before the rape conviction" he escaped suspension with the help of Starr, implying Starr helped him after he was accused of rape. But the article says Starr helped him avoid academic suspension in 2011. That was well before the rape and conviction I think. It bothers me when reporters mask things in the way they word them in order to make their point. That happened to us during the scandal and regardless how slimy Baylor is reporters shouldn't get away with this sort of wordsmithing. Hell, with Baylor it isn't necessary. The actual facts are damning enough.

Good point. I must admit that my first reading of that went exactly the way you say.

Still, **** bailer.

Wow! That's over 30 a year or more than 2 1/2 per month.
That we know of.

The experts I have heard say that for every rape that gets reported you have at least a couple that aren't. The victims are embarrassed or scared or just want to try to put it behind them. Others feel guilty somehow blaming themselves, or feeling like they aren't worthy or deserving of help.

In the culture of Baylor I could see all of these running through some women's minds. I am afraid that the real numbers are much more shocking than we actually know about considering that the school did it's best to get victims to not report.

Back