What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

Even though I don't see the problem with having this in the recruiting thread, I will bring it here. The kid and his family give zero ****s about it. Extremely unfortunate, as if the NCAA does its job, he'll be looking for a new place to play in a few years.

Somebody here told me it was a legal matter so the Ncaa couldn't do much really. However, I'm guessing they could at least do a failure to comply type issue? They should be able to do something.

Agree. SMU was not even on this level.
They gave the death penalty to SMU for paying players. Baylor is bribing rape victims for their silence and not punishing the criminal on the team. This runs a very tight race with Ped State for the most awful and disturbing coverup in sports history. Smfh if the NCAA doesn't come down hard.

If this isn't "lack of institutional control" I don't know what is.

It's a title 9 and cleary act issue. That's the Dept of Education.

Penn State and their lawyers taught the NCAA to butt out of criminal sexual assault cases.

Also seems like the Big12 would be as unlikely as the NCAA to act here.

Kind of hard to see how promising sex, willing or not, isn't a recruiting violation.

Covering up and protecting felons doesn't give them a competitive advantage?

Still though Clean Undies is right, this is at heart a Title 9 case. Probably won't happen but in addition to criminal and civil liability on the part of the Baylor administration and coaches they should lose eligibility for any federal educational funding until such time as they can prove that they are providing and supporting an environment where women can attend school free from unusual risk of sexual violence or harassment.

This would mean no federal educational grants, no guaranteed student loans, no VA benefits. Essentially it would shut down the university due to a lack of funds until they could prove compliance. The Department of Education could say that since so much of the environment stemmed from the athletic department that all athletics would have to be shut down and only restored on a gradual basis over an extended timeline and with 100% new staff top to bottom. Since football was the worst offender it would be the last to be restored after completion of multiple seasons of other sports without violation.

Last recruiting class I had sympathy for the recruits since the coach they committed to was fired after signing day. I have no sympathy for Baylor's recruiting class this year because they are going in eyes wide open. If they go on probation and they should, recruits need to forfeit a year of eligibility like a normal transfer.

Only person I feel kind of bad for is Rhule. Obviously, he went in knowing about the cloud hanging over the university, but he seems like a good, genuine person, and his tenure is likely going to be a downturn for that program through no fault of his own.

I dont know why anyone would have taken that job this offseason. Just crazy to me.

Only person I feel kind of bad for is Rhule. Obviously, he went in knowing about the cloud hanging over the university, but he seems like a good, genuine person, and his tenure is likely going to be a downturn for that program through no fault of his own.

I dont know why anyone would have taken that job this offseason. Just crazy to me.
Dude.

I was talking about people associated with the program dip****. Not sure how you read that as me not caring about the victims.
You misunderstood my "Dude", clearly.

Dude.

Do you really feel bad for Rhule? Really? This is continuing exactly the way most of us predicted. Was he somehow immune to reason, stepping into this job? Also, have you heard him ramble? He seems less of a nice guy and more like a deranged spin-doctor to me.

Lets not forget the real victims, baylor fans. If you do the math theres way more than 52 of them, I think there are even more than 52 on the football team.

Lets not forget the real victims, baylor fans. If you do the math theres way more than 52 of them, I think there are even more than 52 on the football team.

I actually do feel bad for former Baylor fans. Had to suck to find out that's what they'd been cheering and supporting.

These are similar charges as what hit CU 15 or so years ago with Lisa Simpson. She was a "hostess" for recruits, allegedly. She was drunk at a party, allegedly.

Oh except, it happened 51 more times at Baylor, and all levels of the University were involved in looking the other way, including the campus police. Otherwise, it's the same thing.

We had 15 lost years. The death penalty isn't enough for these folks, given the depth of their sins. I'm talking the real death penalty, not the NCAA one.

Kind of hard to see how promising sex, willing or not, isn't a recruiting violation.

Covering up and protecting felons doesn't give them a competitive advantage?

Still though Clean Undies is right, this is at heart a Title 9 case. Probably won't happen but in addition to criminal and civil liability on the part of the Baylor administration and coaches they should lose eligibility for any federal educational funding until such time as they can prove that they are providing and supporting an environment where women can attend school free from unusual risk of sexual violence or harassment.

This would mean no federal educational grants, no guaranteed student loans, no VA benefits. Essentially it would shut down the university due to a lack of funds until they could prove compliance. The Department of Education could say that since so much of the environment stemmed from the athletic department that all athletics would have to be shut down and only restored on a gradual basis over an extended timeline and with 100% new staff top to bottom. Since football was the worst offender it would be the last to be restored after completion of multiple seasons of other sports without violation.
How much federal funding do they receive being that they are a private school?

How much federal funding do they receive being that they are a private school?
I'd guarantee that a significant percentage of their students are on federaly Backed student loans. A huge amount of money

Last edited:

How awesome that as soon as I start reading it a header pops up trying to herd you over to the article about Tumpkin...but of course only mentions Colorado in the header.

How was the Duke story so huge, and this.....is just not hardly mentioned when it should be leading every newscast?

Even though I don't see the problem with having this in the recruiting thread, I will bring it here. The kid and his family give zero ****s about it. Extremely unfortunate, as if the NCAA does its job, he'll be looking for a new place to play in a few years.

And if he and his family doesn't care, I don't want him as a Buff. Period. We have a great OL class even without him.

If this isn't "lack of institutional control" I don't know what is.

The institution has been in total control of this. It has been a well orchestrated creation, maintenance and coverup of a dedication to winning sports contests at whatever cost to the safety and well-being of the other students on campus -- made easier by the fact that women are viewed as 2nd class citizens within their general culture and not taken seriously while being shamed for it if they are assaulted by any male on campus.

Back