What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

selena-gomez-e-baylor.jpg
Can't have it both ways....

images

Give this one a click: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/27/opinion/ken-starrs-squalid-second-act.html

NY Times opinion by Mimi Swartz, a contributing opinion writer for NYT. She's an Executive Editor at Texas Monthly.

Here are the last few paragraphs:

An independent investigation of Baylor found that the university authorities had consistently failed to protect its female students from sexual predators and neglected its Title IX responsibilities. Instead, administrators played down reports of abuse and discouraged women from bringing allegations of misconduct.

And where was President Starr? Ignoring the candlelight vigil for victims of sexual assault that Baylor students held outside his home. Ducking a media interview when the scandal broke. Issuing windy statements laced with legalese to the Baylor community about how much he cared. Refusing to comment on the situation until the external review was done. And releasing only a summary of that report, not the full document, to the public.

Finally, Mr. Starr was fired as president and later resigned as chancellor — “the captain goes down with the ship,” he told the sports channel ESPN earlier this month. But the university tossed him a pretty good lifesaver: He will continue as a professor at the law school.

As for Baylor’s pattern of protecting star athletes who abused women at the university, Mr. Starr claimed he “didn’t know what was happening.” Maybe it depends on what the meaning of the word “was” was.

Give this one a click: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/27/opinion/ken-starrs-squalid-second-act.html

NY Times opinion by Mimi Swartz, a contributing opinion writer for NYT. She's an Executive Editor at Texas Monthly.

Here are the last few paragraphs:

An independent investigation of Baylor found that the university authorities had consistently failed to protect its female students from sexual predators and neglected its Title IX responsibilities. Instead, administrators played down reports of abuse and discouraged women from bringing allegations of misconduct.

And where was President Starr? Ignoring the candlelight vigil for victims of sexual assault that Baylor students held outside his home. Ducking a media interview when the scandal broke. Issuing windy statements laced with legalese to the Baylor community about how much he cared. Refusing to comment on the situation until the external review was done. And releasing only a summary of that report, not the full document, to the public.

Finally, Mr. Starr was fired as president and later resigned as chancellor — “the captain goes down with the ship,” he told the sports channel ESPN earlier this month. But the university tossed him a pretty good lifesaver: He will continue as a professor at the law school.

As for Baylor’s pattern of protecting star athletes who abused women at the university, Mr. Starr claimed he “didn’t know what was happening.” Maybe it depends on what the meaning of the word “was” was.
ouch

Law and Order SVU on USA just today had an episode from 2013 that was chillingly just like what ****bailer put their rape complainants through. It was really uncanny ... if it wasn't from 3 years ago it could have been ripped from the ****bailer headlines.

The 3 who joined the lawsuit today claim that they reported sexual assault to Baylor and nothing was done about it.

Please let this happen.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3673441
San Francisco 49ers interim coach Mike Singletary wanted to get a point across during his first halftime speech Sunday.

His team was down 20-3 and he wanted to illustrate how badly they were playing.

So, a 49ers spokesman confirmed, Singletary dropped his pants. The coach was wearing boxers.

The motivational tool was first reported by Arizona radio station XTRA's Mike Jurecki and The (Santa Rosa, Calif.) Press-Democrat.

"He was just dramatizing how embarrassing it was," 49ers director of public relations Aaron Salkin told The Press Democrat.

According to Salkin, Singletary told the team at halftime: "We're getting our tails whipped out there, now let's get back out there."

Singletary, whose team has a bye week, issued a statement: "I used my pants to illustrate that we were getting our tails whipped on Sunday and how humiliating that should feel for all of us. I needed to do something to dramatize my point; there were other ways I could have done it but I think this got the message across. I am excited about having the team back at practice on Monday so we can get back to work."

I wonder how he'll illustrate to the team how embarrassing it is to be known as Rape U?
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Their media team is pulling out all the stops, but nobody is buying it. It just needs to keep coming out.

Baylor gets overly organized on what's important for the 2016 football season.

http://www.ourdailybears.com/baylor...eases-dress-code-for-upcoming-football-season
I would like to add a note for the co-eds. Please dress in a conservative manner that best represents our Baylor values, and presents you as a cherished asset of the Baptist church. Nobody wants to marry a whore, so if you want to find your husband at a game, you might want to consider that.

Also, when you dress like a slut (skirts above knees, bare arms, visible cleavage) you tempt our football players, and ultimately hurt our football program (if they get caught for doing what is natural based on the way you dressed). Thank you in advance.

from the link provided by buffnik -

"After she reported the incident to a Baylor counselor, “the counselor advised Jane Doe 5 not to come forward for the stated reason that doing so would stress her out too much and instead she should focus on school,” the lawsuit states. The counselor also told her that friends, family and classmates would be made aware of the incident if she came forward, according to the lawsuit."

Holy..... f***......

"After she reported the incident to a Baylor counselor, “the counselor advised Jane Doe 5 not to come forward for the stated reason that doing so would stress her out too much and instead she should focus on school,” the lawsuit states. The counselor also told her that friends, family and classmates would be made aware of the incident if she came forward, according to the lawsuit."

Holy..... f***......

They really need to pay for this. Pay big time. Handing down the death sentence would completely appropriate. They did everything they could to protect their precious football program no matter how many were hurt or how badly they were damaged by the rapes and assaults that went on there. One of the more irresponsible, disgusting things I have seen from a group that claims to hold to a higher standard than the rest of us.

They really need to pay for this. Pay big time. Handing down the death sentence would completely appropriate. They did everything they could to protect their precious football program no matter how many were hurt or how badly they were damaged by the rapes and assaults that went on there. One of the more irresponsible, disgusting things I have seen from a group that claims to hold to a higher standard than the rest of us.
I agree but don't see the NCAA touching this. I'd be shocked.

If this happened in any other conference - yes, even the SEC - there would be real pressure on the conference to drop them. The Big 12 is weak. And bailer has become one of its marquee schools. While the NCAA probably won't do anything, the Big 12 really should. But it won't.

I agree but don't see the NCAA touching this. I'd be shocked.

Both athlete and non-athlete are involved. This is so much bigger than athletics.
The NCAA should sit back and let the DoJ do their thing.

Holy..... f***......
Honestly, I am surprised some angry Texas father has not gone off on someone at bailer.....

So now it's down to the school counselors actively advising not to report these crimes... Has there ever been a bigger, more clear cut situation of "Lack of Institutional Control" than this?? Is the NCAA going to take any serious action?

Back