What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

The lawsuit claims Briles ignored reports from the woman's family that one of his players was a sexual predator and allowed him to keep playing.

Briles' motion filed Wednesday says the claims against the coach are based on hearsay. He also argues that federal and state laws don't allow him to be sued as an individual in the case against the university.

If Briles weren't covering up something, then why is it so difficult to find pictures of his bare arms?

Tennessee just paid $2.48 million to calm the the non-fans. But it is comforting the coaches like the athletic department:

The lawsuit encircled UT football coach Butch Jones, who was accused of calling a player a traitor after the young man helped a woman who said she had been raped. Jones never directly denied using the word "traitor," but said he would never belittle someone for helping a rape victim. Weeks later, the player transferred to UT-Chattanooga.

The lawsuit put UT in the national media spotlight. In a display of unity, all 16 UT head coaches spoke at a news conference two weeks after the suit was filed to praise the athletics program and its culture, and reassure current and potential students that the campus was safe.

The lawsuit claims Briles ignored reports from the woman's family that one of his players was a sexual predator and allowed him to keep playing.

Briles' motion filed Wednesday says the claims against the coach are based on hearsay. He also argues that federal and state laws don't allow him to be sued as an individual in the case against the university.

Without having read the motion, that sure sounds like a frivolous motion.

That's part of it. If this had happened at Notre Dame it was lead the NY nightly news.
Except the national media already proved that it's equal opportunity in ignoring rape at football schools, even Notre Dame.

This is both a **** Bailer and their terrible culture problem, and a problem with society tending to ignore violence against women problem.

Both are issues that need to be addressed. One involves a shady, hypocritical, two-bit academic "university," has easily identifiable victims, and somewhat obvious penalties and remediation. The other is endemic and a hell of a lot more difficult to address.

**** bailer.

I haven't fully digested this (I've read it twice), but it's made me think a lot. It's worth your time:

Deconstructing Baylor

Translation: Yeah, my university and its team ****ed up pretty bad. I'm trying to figure out how to acknowledge this and express empathy for the victims while also pointing out that a lot of the critics out there are full of **** hypocrites who are all about driving this to take advantage for their own team. Specifically, while they'll go un-named because I'm trying to look reasonable: I'm looking at you UT and I finally understand why all those other fans of former SWC & Big 12 programs hate you so much.

Translation: Yeah, my university and its team ****ed up pretty bad. I'm trying to figure out how to acknowledge this and express empathy for the victims while also pointing out that a lot of the critics out there are full of **** hypocrites who are all about driving this to take advantage for their own team. Specifically, while they'll go un-named because I'm trying to look reasonable: I'm looking at you UT and I finally understand why all those other fans of former SWC & Big 12 programs hate you so much.
For what it's worth, that wasn't written by a **** bailer fan. That guy is an OU fan if I'm not mistaken.

How is this possible?

It's there last year of decent/good football. They are living for the moment, cause the moment will be gone soon. Plus if you read BaylorFans.com, most of them feel it was the woman's fault anyway, so they are going to go support the team.

I'm betting most were bought before it hit the fan. Not that the fans would care anyway as long as the team is winning.

and then there's this:
The then-14-year-old victim told Paterno that the assistant coach — who was convicted in 2012 of molesting 10 boys and is serving 30 to 60 years in state prison — touched him while attending a football camp at the university, penetrating his rectum with his finger as he showered, the Washington Post reports.

and then there's this:
The then-14-year-old victim told Paterno that the assistant coach — who was convicted in 2012 of molesting 10 boys and is serving 30 to 60 years in state prison — touched him while attending a football camp at the university, penetrating his rectum with his finger as he showered, the Washington Post reports.
I wonder if the petitions to get Paterno's statue back on campus is going to result in the release of some more stories to remind the fans that their coach allowed a predator to rape young boys in the locker room their team still showers in.
Man I really don't get these fans. You would think Baylor fans would be calling for them to clean house and bring in a new strong staff. Instead their fighting for guys that it appears knowingly protected predators.

I just don't get it.

I get it. They feel like they're being attacked. To a degree, they are. Their response is to rally around the one thing that they can all agree upon. They're being very predictable if you ask me.

Give it two or three years. If they can avoid falling off the face of the Earth, they will feel vindicated.

I get it. They feel like they're being attacked. To a degree, they are. Their response is to rally around the one thing that they can all agree upon. They're being very predictable if you ask me.

Give it two or three years. If they can avoid falling off the face of the Earth, they will feel vindicated.

And if they go back to being the historic losers they have been they will blame it all on a conspiracy, mostly the fault of Texas, instead of their own failings.

They should be attacked. They are morally without. They shouldn't have good things for a good long time.
I would still like to see more than just in-house action being taken. But I don't see that happening.

****bailer. The July 12th edition!

Back