What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

Glutton for punishment?
Apparently. MU is a hot mess, and bailer is a hotter one...but I bet he got a raise.

bailer fans convinced this means Tom Herman will be in Waco come 2017....after all Rhodes hired Herman at UH when he was a t UH, therefore he will hire and TH will accept a bailer HC job. Makes perfect sense...in a rapey kind of way.

B12 Commish, Bob Bowlsby is an idiot...

But let it suffice to say as it pertains to all of our institutions, we are very committed as a group of ten schools to eradicating sexual assault on our campuses. It almost goes without saying that when you combine alcohol and drugs and raging hormones and the experiences of 18- 22 years old, it's probably unrealistic to think that these kinds of things are never going to happen. But we certainly want to make sure that from the center we do everything we can to ensure that they are minimized, if not eradicated. So additionally, from a purely athletic standpoint, we also have to be satisfied that there haven't been Big 12 rules broken and that there haven't been NCAA rules violated. That is the essence of our process, and it's very early in the process right now.
Yay! No Big 12 rules were broken, nor were there any NCAA rules violated! Not that big a deal, I guess.

http://www.big12sports.com/fls/10410/pdfs/quotes/transcripts/9616.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=10410

Felonies - excusable because of liquor, hormones, and youth.

Don't hate the rapist, hate the biology and booze.

What a message to send Mr Bowlsby. Thanks for giving college football a black eye, you POS rape enabler/apologist.

They are fine with bailer this year when they will be half decent, but two years from now when they get trounced by UTEP, they are going to be up in arms with them.

Good commentary from Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman on the ****Bailer situation.
http://newsok.com/would-big-12-like-to-wash-its-hands-of-baylor/article/5510116

He makes a great point that when ****Bailer was the beat-down ****Bailer, there were 12 teams in the league. The league can't penalize them too much and set them back to that rung because they only have 10 teams now, and two of those are Kansas and Iowa State. Damage ****Bailer now, and you damage the whole league. Quite the conundrum.

Good commentary from Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman on the ****Bailer situation.
http://newsok.com/would-big-12-like-to-wash-its-hands-of-baylor/article/5510116

He makes a great point that when ****Bailer was the beat-down ****Bailer, there were 12 teams in the league. The league can't penalize them too much and set them back to that rung because they only have 10 teams now, and two of those are Kansas and Iowa State. Damage ****Bailer now, and you damage the whole league. Quite the conundrum.
it's not a conundrum at all. **** Bailer

They should do what is right and put severe penalties on Baylor.

Procedurally it's unclear who has the authority to penalize Baylor.

Is it the B12? The NCAA? The DoJ? The court of public opinion? The attorneys filing civil suits?

Baylor's rash of rape and assault has shown than governance and accountability is easier to talk about than actually see.

Is it the B12? The NCAA? The DoJ? The court of public opinion? The attorneys filing civil suits?

Baylor's rash of rape and assault has shown than governance and accountability is easier to talk about than actually see.
Maybe the Feds should bring a RICO case for participating in systematic cover-up of the crimes.

I think that a federal Title IX investigation is where it will have to come from.

I think that a federal Title IX investigation is where it will have to come from.

The issue with this model is that BU attorneys can negotiate undisclosed settlements with the plaintiffs before cases go to trial, keeping the public at large in the dark about what specific wrongdoing should be corrected.

I'd like to the civil suits no matter what, and frankly assumed that would be the case. Your guess is as good as mine on who has jurisdiction beyond that. My point was more to state that I would prefer to see "the right thing" done (even if that is a pipe dream).

I was stuck behind someone on Indiana driving 10 under with the rear windshield peppered with f*** bailer stickers all over it. Wanted so badly to run them off the road.

Back