What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

The institution has been in total control of this. It has been a well orchestrated creation, maintenance and coverup of a dedication to winning sports contests at whatever cost to the safety and well-being of the other students on campus -- made easier by the fact that women are viewed as 2nd class citizens within their general culture and not taken seriously while being shamed for it if they are assaulted by any male on campus.

This should be the opening statement on the judges decision that financially ruins Baylor University and finally puts an end to this disgusting culture that places winning games ahead of the lives of the victims and their families.

The institution has been in total control of this. It has been a well orchestrated creation, maintenance and coverup of a dedication to winning sports contests at whatever cost to the safety and well-being of the other students on campus -- made easier by the fact that women are viewed as 2nd class citizens within their general culture and not taken seriously while being shamed for it if they are assaulted by any male on campus.

I would rather they get hit by other agencies than the NCAA. I think it sets a bad precedent, but more importantly, the NCAA is not adequately equipped to handle a case like this one.

I would rather they get hit by other agencies than the NCAA. I think it sets a bad precedent, but more importantly, the NCAA is not adequately equipped to handle a case like this one.

Agree. With several open suits, at some point maybe one will get to trial.

Yep. I think the Feds will hit with Title IX investigations and, possibly, collusion & coverup with local law enforcement. The NCAA may choose to issue penalties based on the findings from investigators that have actual investigative & subpoena authority.

Poor Xavier Newman, that'll suck for him. They have to hit Baylor hard for this one, those are insane allegations. Oh well, f bailer, they've earned it.

Whether or not the NCAA is equipped to handle this case, it's simply not right for a football program to be able to continue business as usual after something like this. It angers and frustrates me that Penn State was glorified on national TV for "rising from the ashes of a great tragedy", and that this ****ing rapey institution is eventually going to be treated the same way.

Baylor fan now thinks this story was released to ruin it's recruiting class.

Baylor pays out millions in settlements and make former coaches and staff sign NDA's and yet it's fans still believe they are innocent. Makes my brain hurt.

I hate to be this cynical, and I don't want to bring politics into it, but if you're looking for the feds to get involved with this, with what's happening in DC right now, don't hold your breath.

Can I just ask a dumb question: After following this some can someone please explain to me how they're not penalized at this point? I know it's been addressed, but I'm still shaking my head...

Can I just ask a dumb question: After following this some can someone please explain to me how they're not penalized at this point? I know it's been addressed, but I'm still shaking my head...

Same here, They should have been hit with something by now.

You are correct. NCAA does not have the authority or the staff to conduct an appropriate investigation into something like this and doesn't have the authority to impose the kind of real penalties that this case deserves.

The more of this case I see the more convinced I am that there should be a criminal investigation with high level individuals facing trial for aiding in the commission of these felonies against the women who were the victims.

I don't have much hope of that happening within the Texas legal system with the incestuous relationship between Baylor (and Baylor Law) and the state and local prosecution and judiciary.

Yep. I think the Feds will hit with Title IX investigations and, possibly, collusion & cover up with local law enforcement. The NCAA may choose to issue penalties based on the findings from investigators that have actual investigative & subpoena authority.

This is where the real investigation and results can and I think will come from. The Feds have the resources and the authority to overcome any roadblocks Baylor tries to create and to overcome them. The Feds will also not be or be working with and for a bunch of people with allegiance to Baylor.

They won't have the authority to conduct a criminal investigation but in the course of conducting the Title IX investigation the criminal evidence will come out. If it is turned over to the local prosecutors they will have a hard time not using it to prosecute.

As I mentioned in an earlier posting the first and most potent impact would be cutting all sources of federal educational funding from Baylor. This would include GI Benefits, federal grants, and federal research funding. Far and away the biggest impact would be. Currently about 60% of all students at 4 year colleges and universities are borrowing money to fund their educations. With the expense of Baylor as a private university I would expect this rate to be at least this high. Cutting off these student loans would have a huge impact on the financial situation of the school.

I feel ****bailer used promises of sex to entice recruits, the NCAA should absolutely get involved.

Don't think there is any question they did, the culture was used to sell recruits on coming.

Trouble is that the NCAA is toothless in this matter. It needs to be treated as a criminal and civil rights violation with some penalties much more severe than losing some scholarships or missing a bowl game.

If the NCAA wants to pick over whatever carcass is remaining after the real penalties are assessed and based on the information developed in by those agencies then I'm all for it but at this point the penalties need to come from somebody who can impose real penalties.

Not really, I was just talking about the size of their situation compared to the so called CU scandal. I don't know exactly what we got for it but got dragged through the coals, it could've been self imposed I guess. It was all over tv and radio, even on our local show here.

Well how come we got busted for it but they aren't going to? Did something change? They have a hell of a lot more transgressions than CU was accused of.
We never "got busted" for anything. The big difference is that Baylor's admin stays 100% behind its Athletic program despite the proven allegations while ours threw the AD under the bus despite the allegations being disproved.

Has the Big 12 weighed in on this at all, or are they just going to hide behind the NCAA and the legal system to avoid having to do anything proactive?

Has the Big 12 weighed in on this at all, or are they just going to hide behind the NCAA and the legal system to avoid having to do anything proactive?

That would be my guess - remember ****Bailer has a lot of political pull in TX.

Depends on what Texas tells them they will do. Does Texas want to hurt a program that has made them look silly on the field in recent years knowing that if they do they might end up being held accountable at some time in the future.

That would be my guess - remember ****Bailer has a lot of political pull in TX.

And the Baylor people are probably using every bit of that pull they can with Texas to keep the B12 from doing anything.

Improper benefit to athletes is the NCAA's hook here. If you were a football player accused of rape, the school protected you. Presumably (although, given that it's Bailer, you never know) the school did not similarly protect every non-football player accused of rape.

Anyway, here's a national columnist calling for the death penalty:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...01b6b443624_story.html?utm_term=.ddaa27b1134c

I want this to happen. I guess I'm an outlier, but I can't grasp increasing enrollment in the face of this. In what world is covering up rape acceptable. In what world is not protecting our daughters from predators acceptable. I just can't understand it.

Improper benefit to athletes is the NCAA's hook here. If you were a football player accused of rape, the school protected you. Presumably (although, given that it's Bailer, you never know) the school did not similarly protect every non-football player accused of rape.

Anyway, here's a national columnist calling for the death penalty:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...01b6b443624_story.html?utm_term=.ddaa27b1134c
I'd hope Chev casually forwards that article on to Xavier Newman and his family. He's too nice of a kid to hitch his future to a sinking ship.

I'd hope Chev casually forwards that article on to Xavier Newman and his family. He's too nice of a kid to hitch his future to a sinking ship.

In all honesty, I've moved on from Newman and am excited about our OL class.

But just thinking about this young man and his future, I hope he flips to UT.

In all honesty, I've moved on from Newman and am excited about our OL class.

But just thinking about this young man and his future, I hope he flips to UT.
Agreed and that is my thought as well. He should find a landing spot that will help him reach his potential as a person, student, and athlete- bailor is not that place.

Back