What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

How "Baylor Fan" sees this situation: all a conspiracy driven by ESPN's financial interest in LHN and anti-Christian bias of its Disney ownership along with some sort of personal bias or anti-Baylor or anti-Christian or something by the actual reporters (not really explained) that has caused them to compromise their professional integrity.

h/t to @SD Buff for finding & posting on the Rivals board

9QmrImk.png

I see a whole lot of anti-Christian. But it's not the ESPN article.

Not religious myself, but I don't appreciate when there are cheap shots taken at Christian institutions for the sake of them being cheap shots. That goes for Baylor, church denominations, Tim Tebow, etc... But it most certainly matters when we're talking hypocrisy of institutions who use their affiliation to tout a higher moral character or the institutionalized inequalities of abusers and victims within those systems. Baylor being Baylor in this instance matters. Not because of any Waco joke, but because of what they purportedly stand for.

Not religious myself, but I don't appreciate when there are cheap shots taken at Christian institutions for the sake of them being cheap shots. That goes for Baylor, church denominations, Tim Tebow, etc... But it most certainly matters when we're talking hypocrisy of institutions who use their affiliation to tout a higher moral character or the institutionalized inequalities of abusers and victims within those systems. Baylor being Baylor in this instance matters. Not because of any Waco joke, but because of what they purportedly stand for.
As a follower of Jesus it saddens me when there are opportunities to be the hands and feet of Christ in a very real and meaningful way but instead it's easier to plug your ears with dollar bills.

I am a Christian and very active in my faith.

I am very bothered by the significant amount of anti-Christian bias that exist in the media. Contrary to what many like to argue this country was not founded as a Christian country, that is why the constitution includes a prohibition against the state promoting any specific religion or religions or infringing on the rights of people to practice their religions.

What Baylor is trying to do in this case though is thoroughly disgusting not only because the actions of the players and the coaches and administration would be disgusting in any setting but they are worse because this is a school that claims to be driven by a Christian vision and acts in a way that is contrary to both the law and the beliefs they supposedly are founded on.

I'm not inconsistent in this. I was raised by a father who was a big Notre Dame fan and a still surrounded by them in my church. I cheer against them because they have sold out the values of the church trying for additional wins on the field. What Notre Dame has done (that I am aware of) is minor compared to what Baylor is doing. CU has done some of this stuff in history as well but I can look at it differently. CU is not a religious institution, I don't hold CU to the same standard.

By the way I also hold this against Joe Paterno. He didn't work for a church institution but he willingly brought his religious affiliation into the picture to try to influence his image over the years.

Nobody is perfect (especially me) and errors in judgement will be made but there is a difference between an error in judgement and a deliberate and ongoing cover up of immoral and illegal actions. Baylor not only did this but to this day is only acting to the extend forced by public opinion. Is there truly any sense of responsibility or desire to change? No signs of that yet.

I am very bothered by the significant amount of anti-Christian bias that exist in the media. Contrary to what many like to argue this country was not founded as a Christian country, that is why the constitution includes a prohibition against the state promoting any specific religion or religions or infringing on the rights of people to practice their religions.

What Baylor is trying to do in this case though is thoroughly disgusting not only because the actions of the players and the coaches and administration would be disgusting in any setting but they are worse because this is a school that claims to be driven by a Christian vision and acts in a way that is contrary to both the law and the beliefs they supposedly are founded on.

I'm not inconsistent in this. I was raised by a father who was a big Notre Dame fan and a still surrounded by them in my church. I cheer against them because they have sold out the values of the church trying for additional wins on the field. What Notre Dame has done (that I am aware of) is minor compared to what Baylor is doing. CU has done some of this stuff in history as well but I can look at it differently. CU is not a religious institution, I don't hold CU to the same standard.

By the way I also hold this against Joe Paterno. He didn't work for a church institution but he willingly brought his religious affiliation into the picture to try to influence his image over the years.

Nobody is perfect (especially me) and errors in judgement will be made but there is a difference between an error in judgement and a deliberate and ongoing cover up of immoral and illegal actions. Baylor not only did this but to this day is only acting to the extend forced by public opinion. Is there truly any sense of responsibility or desire to change? No signs of that yet.
**** baylor

This is not anti-Christian and it shouldn't be turned into that. It's the narrative that Baylor wants. They want to play the victim in this and be a martyr.

But people don't have these same issues with Villanova in basketball or TCU in the same conference as Baylor. Those are religious institutions. There are a host of others. Good schools. Like anyone else, they have their issues and failings, but they don't bother people. We don't call them out for "hypocrisy". The folks at Baylor need to look in the mirror. The reason they get singled out is because they play the "holier than thou" card and then behave like the absolute worst of humanity. I honestly feel bad for many of the students, alums and people who work at the university. No doubt the vast majority are good people who practice a sincere faith without hypocrisy. But they are attached to an institution that sold its soul long ago.

**** bailer!

I see a whole lot of anti-Christian. But it's not the ESPN article.

Baylor is a Baptist school that has been overrun by the law school graduates.

If one only dwells on the religious hypocrisies, they miss out on the mockery that has been made to the judicial system with regards to this on-going scandal.

Baylor's vast legal education and experience is being used to obfuscate, deny, and delay justice while defending Art Briles and his players.

The daughters at Baylor who have been raped by their class mates are being shown that justice isn't blind in Waco. The best legal help goes to protect the interests of the party with the most money to lose.

The rule of law supposed is a cornerstone of a civilized society, and Waco has shown a mastery of picking and choosing which laws to ignore and which best suit their interests. (Motorcycle gang members at Twin Peaks were arrested and held for weeks without being charged. I'm still not sure how many were killed by LEO. The swiftness to act is appears arbitrary.)

At Baylor, this is a monument not to justice, but symbol of a woman who can be raped with impunity. She should have known better to put on a suggestive, sexy blindfold.

a0b3801508dac28455db570913d68efc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Excellent post i.e. the point that schools which are religious organizations should hold themselves to a higher standard.

The bottom line is winning is good for enrollment and good for the endowment. All schools try to protect their athletes or their misdeeds. How Baylor, which likely does not have their own Police Dept could get Waco PD to go so far in helping them is more than curious to me. Aside from that the Outside the Lines piece does imply Baylor went too far. Daylight is the best path to a good outcome. They should have cut their losses and suspended the players rather than leaving the whole mess to fester like an open wound.

I heard on XM College Sports radio last night about an anonymous quote out of **** Bailer that they are not touching Briles. The quote was "You don't fire Moses".

Football before Females.

its-science-anchorman.gif

Back