What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor sucks: an indisputable fact (WAS: Why baylor sucks - according to Allbuffs)

BuffBear

Club Member
Club Member
If you consider current state populations and growth trends, KSU is a terrible idea.

If the Pac added 4, we'd be crazy not to get a piece of TX.

For the other choices, I think some thought has to be given to owning states like Nevada and Idaho. Also, a 2nd school in Texas or competing for a share of OK.

TX - #2 pop, 29.146M, 15.9% growth from 2010-2020

OK - #28, 3.959M, 5.5%

NV - #33, 3.105M, 15.0%

KS - #36, 2.938M, 3.0%

NM - #37, 2.118M, 2.8%

ID - #39, 1.839M, 17.3%

Just based on the above, I think the smart move balances current marketability with long-term prospects and would be a Pac-16 that adds:

Texas Tech
Texas Christian
UNLV
Oklahoma State
The Baylor hate on this forum is… crazy. I try to stop the urge to reply every time. But this is just too funny.
Baylor has about the same living alumni in DFW as TCU and Tech.

The Baylor hate on this forum is… crazy. I try to stop the urge to reply every time. But this is just too funny.
The amount of PR diarrhea (lies) Baylor threw at CU in the last round of realignment was pathetic. It was a complete embarrassment and showed how low they would go. Every Pac 12 School/president witnessed this and CU most certainly will not forget.

The amount of PR diarrhea (lies) Baylor threw at CU in the last round of realignment was pathetic. It was a complete embarrassment and showed how low they would go. Every Pac 12 School/president witnessed this and CU most certainly will not forget.
Embarrassment is their normal condition.

How many other schools had a basketball player kill another in the process of a drug deal and they aided in trying to cover it up. How many other schools would willing take a transfer from another school knowing that the guy was a rapist and not only welcome him but try to cover for him abusing more women. No surprise because he had an entire culture that was abusing women and not only the athletic department but the whole school put them in front of the victims.

Even worse is that this is a school that claims to be a Christian school.

I do not doubt that Baylor can compete in any conference including the Pac-12 despite its alumni base size. If you remove the research tier rankings from the equation when it comes to membership consideration, Baylor would beat Texas Tech out mainly due to Waco's proximity to DFW and to Austin & San Antonio.

Yes this hate towards Baylor is just crazy when Nebraska has blocked equal revenue sharing in the Big 8 and Big 12 for years and kept CU down just like Texas keeping BU down. They are kidding themselves if they think Nebraska wouldn't have tried any petty moves to keep CU out of the Pac-12 if their future FBS status were in as much doubt as BU's were before UT decided to stay in the Big 12. Any school would be freaking out in that case even including CU. Don't forget they might be still sour over BU's 16-14 upset victory over CU in Boulder in the 1990's. I wasn't happy about that result back then and I still do remember reading the newspaper about it. Maybe they hated the fact that Baylor's Heisman winning QB dated & married a CU student.

The debate about the quality of undergraduate education at any college is laughable and highly debatable & subjective because conferences do have undergraduate baselines that each school needs to meet. Baylor could have made a case that their undergraduate academics were at least on par with CU's if not better but that would have still looked silly on BU's part. But that is not the criteria that the Pac-12, B1G, and ACC adheres to which was a mistake by the BU administrators that tried to convince the P12 that they were a better choice than CU at that time. The real criteria is the research tier rankings and that is where CU has BU beat. There really isn't much that can be done to change that in BU's favor but that is something that could favor BU's athletics over CU's athletics in the present time. I hope you accept and understand this reality and do not let this affect your love for BU.

I will root for BU against Texas & Nebraska anytime and any Buff fan who says they wouldn't do so is flat out lying about it. I am 100% certain that I am not the only Buff fan on AllBuffs and other forums who just laughs at those Buff fans that say they hate BU over insulting their school.

Again, congrats on that MBB Final Four Championship and SIC 'EM BEARS. Good luck at Texas State in your opener.

Sure, but how many of those alumni are self-righteous panty sniffers and rape apologists who served as the president of the university, all while claiming to be a holier than thou Baptist?

At the slight risk of inciting a poop storm, let me opine another theory for the intensity of the Baylor hate:

CU World overreacted hard to the pseudo scandal of the Barnett Era and publicly flayed itself. When CU World observed another school, especially one that tried to block its PAC12 move, scrambling in a sometimes admittedly ethically questionable manner to defend itself against its own (admittedly real) scandal, CU World was outraged. In CU World, even minimal institutional self defense and respect for due process is prohibited. Every other institution is supposed to fall on its sword as CU did.

In addition, there’s a pretty consistent animus against religion-based schools on Allbuffs. I think that a number of posters here either were scares ****less by fundamentalist Protestant preachers as kids, or had their knuckles rapped by angry ruler-wielding nuns. Either way, you’re all 35 now and it’s a bad look. You survived. Get over it.

At the slight risk of inciting a poop storm, let me opine another theory for the intensity of the Baylor hate:

CU World overreacted hard to the pseudo scandal of the Barnett Era and publicly flayed itself. When CU World observed another school, especially one that tried to block its PAC12 move, scrambling in a sometimes admittedly ethically questionable manner to defend itself against its own (admittedly real) scandal, CU World was outraged. In CU World, even minimal institutional self defense and respect for due process is prohibited. Every other institution is supposed to fall on its sword as CU did.

In addition, there’s a pretty consistent animus against religion-based schools on Allbuffs. I think that a number of posters here either were scares ****less by fundamentalist Protestant preachers as kids, or had their knuckles rapped by angry ruler-wielding nuns. Either way, you’re all 35 now and it’s a bad look. You survived. Get over it.
In before, Dude.

Also, Dude.

Or, and just hear me out here, RAPE and MURDER and the covering up of RAPE and MURDER are really really bad- <To be read in Norm McDonald deadpan>

No, it was Ken Starr trying to block our move to the Pac-12, threatening to sue, and generally besmirching CU and trying to advance Baylor's interests at our expense. All the other **** just added to it after the fact.

"Sometimes admittedly ethically questionable manner"

"minimal institutional self defense and respect for due process"

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

GMAFB

Also, in before UK takes you to task [again] for explaining others' motives.

No, it was Ken Starr trying to block our move to the Pac-12, threatening to sue, and generally besmirching CU and trying to advance Baylor's interests at our expense. All the other **** just added to it after the fact.

Thank you. This is another factor that makes the screeching levels of anti-Baylor MORAL OUTRAGE a little questionable as well. In my mind it would be enough to have an attitude against the place just for ****ing with CU on the PAC12 stuff…...

"Sometimes admittedly ethically questionable manner"

"minimal institutional self defense and respect for due process"

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

GMAFB

Also, in before UK takes you to task [again] for explaining others' motives.
Sometimes, trying to figure out the motives of others is called “thinking”.

I have an issue as a Christian, that a university that claims to be aligned with the ethics and morals of the Church, willingly and aggressively covered up a murder and multiple sexual assault and harassment allegations.

Not only does that make the University look like a bunch of hypocrites who would sacrifice their values as an institution just to protect their precious intercollegiate athletic dollars, but it reflects poorly on Christianity as a whole.

The vindictive and slanderous attitude Baylor took towards CU back when we joined the Big12 is just extra reason to loathe that university.

Thanks for explaining us , as always.

Can you really not see this habit?

I have an issue as a Christian, that a university that claims to be aligned with the ethics and morals of the Church, willingly and aggressively covered up a murder and multiple sexual assault and harassment allegations.

Not only does that make the University look like a bunch of hypocrites who would sacrifice their values as an institution just to protect their precious intercollegiate athletic dollars, but it reflects poorly on Christianity as a whole.

The vindictive and slanderous attitude Baylor took towards CU back when we joined the Big12 is just extra reason to loathe that university.

Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Let PAHI do the thinking (and ‘splaining) for you. He’s the only one who has insights into what you believe.

Preach Jennifer Lopez GIF by NBC

Thanks for explaining us , as always.

Can you really not see this habit?
Ken, I would guess, though I could be wrong, that my combined time on Netbuffs and then Allbuffs probably exceeds yours.

Trends emerge.

Are you asking me to put a cap on my ability to perceive, reason, and come to my own conclusions? I will admit that it is clever of you to characterize normal human though processes
as “explaining us” or “explaining my motives”.

You're right. My bad.
I think probably people have laughed at PAHI his entire life for his propensity to be wrong about things. As a result, he has developed a self-protective-strategy of making unqualified assertions with false confidence and taking the initiative to describe others to compensate for his own deepest fear of being truly seen himself.

Ken, I would guess, though I could be wrong, that my combined time on Netbuffs and then Allbuffs probably exceeds yours.

Trends emerge.

Are you asking me to put a cap on my ability to perceive, reason, and come to my own conclusions? I will admit that it is clever of you to characterize normal human though processes
as “explaining us” or “explaining my motives”.
I’m simply requesting that you allow me to speak for my own thoughts, beliefs and motives. Here and in the political forum too. Everywhere, really.

If you had demonstrated a gift for insight or analysis, I might be more welcoming of your perspective.

Plenty of people have explained very specific reasons for their disdain for Baylor as an institution. I find your need to apologize for them insulting.

What I’m really doing is calling the anti-Baylor moral outrage self-serving at best and fake at worst. If you want to get to the heart of the matter.
Yes, because only you can discern what other people believe.

You have proven yourself to be wrong about nearly everything in other forums. At what point do you quit trusting your own instincts and begin to listen?

I think probably people have laughed at PAHI his entire life for his propensity to be wrong about things. As a result, he has developed a self-protective-strategy of making unqualified assertions with false confidence and taking the initiative to describe others to compensate for his own deepest fear of being truly seen himself.
C’mon Ken, psycho-babble like this is beneath you. The real Ken is the keen logician who sparred admirably on a high level with Hokie the other day. You guys were in excellent form. I thought for a while I was back in my Symbolic Logic class in the Philosophy Dept in Boulder long ago…

Yes, because only you can discern what other people believe.

You have proven yourself to be wrong about nearly everything in other forums. At what point do you quit trusting your own instincts and begin to listen?
That’s simply not true.

Yeah, because it’s so totally uncommon to be repulsed by an institution who holds itself out as Christian while accepting downright un-Christian actions of its employees in an attempt to advance their standing in an area that really has nothing to do with their purported mission. I can totally see why that might be confusing.

Back