What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

BEAVERS VS CSU

I don't like what I saw today. Feels the same as when I watched Michigan, USC, and Washington before they played us. Kinda worried now.
The Rams are now like Michigan, USC and Washington because they beat Oregon State??? Please back away from the keyboard slowly and take two Valium. We're going to be just fine next Friday.

Can anybody here honestly tell me that OSU was adequate at best as a football team? THEY ARE DOG $hit..... after the first five minutes of the game I already was convinced we beat CSU by three touchdowns we beat Oregon State by four touchdowns.....end of story

I mean we did beat OSU 47-6 last year with a backup QB. Their 4 wins were against Idaho State and the 3 worst teams in the Pac 12 (besides themselves) all at home. Maybe they just really aren't a good football team...at all.

They have 6 wins under Gary Anderson: Weber State, San Jose State, Idaho State, Cal, Arizona, and an awful Oregon team - all wins at home. I think we're giving them too much credit.

Buffs will be fine Friday. CSU just beat the Kansas/Iowa State equivalent of the Pac 12 and suddenly they're now Boise State under Peterson. They completely sold out to stop Oregon State's only threat on offense and left guys open that would have skipped into the end zone if Luton had any bit of accuracy. CSU did not show me any type of running game to be concerned about. Just find a way to get a pass rush on Stevens.

Yesterday's game couldn't have turned out any better for CU. It was the only game on and now people, even nationally, will think CSU is pretty darn good. So when CU goes out and rolls them on Friday people could actually think that CU is stilll legit and start voting us higher in the rankings. That hasn't EVER happened from a CSU game before.

Our offense should have a great day next week I don't think there is any debating that. On the flip side, not as worried about Gallup as I am about our linebackers setting the edge, Dmac, sparaco and hasselbach need to come to play. Obviously Javier Edwards and s going to eat them up inside but the defensive tackles have to be physical as well.

Thought that osu QB killed that game for them yesterday, you can't have that many open receivers and let your team down like that.

I love their full sense of security different game Friday night
Just leave them be over on goatnation. They are justifiably excited after kicking the **** out of OSU. Their offense is very good and CU will not be able to fully contain them like last year.

It is ok to admit that CSU looked good yesterday.

I mean we did beat OSU 47-6 last year with a backup QB. Their 4 wins were against Idaho State and the 3 worst teams in the Pac 12 (besides themselves) all at home. Maybe they just really aren't a good football team...at all.

They have 6 wins under Gary Anderson: Weber State, San Jose State, Idaho State, Cal, Arizona, and an awful Oregon team - all wins at home. I think we're giving them too much credit.

OSU is basically what CU was three to ten years ago.

I can see why people feel it's silly, but the championship belt thing is the same thing Bama does whenever someone forces a TO lol. I've been seeing a lot of confusion on twitter about it.

Buffs will be fine Friday. CSU just beat the Kansas/Iowa State equivalent of the Pac 12 and suddenly they're now Boise State under Peterson. They completely sold out to stop Oregon State's only threat on offense and left guys open that would have skipped into the end zone if Luton had any bit of accuracy. CSU did not show me any type of running game to be concerned about. Just find a way to get a pass rush on Stevens.

If I was Mike Bobo I'd get that Fr RB Rashaan Boddie more carries. He kinda jumped off the TV screen yesterday in his brief appearances. I'm not worried about the Buffs next week, but I doubt it's going to be a blowout.

it was a very good win for csu-- they beat a p5 team in their new stadium, albeit a modest team.

this will be a good test to see if our defense is, in fact, ready. we'll score points, obviously. i personally think we will score them in bundles against this team.

if the defense does its job, it should be a big win for CU. the first half of the first quarter while our guys are getting their live action heads together will be the danger zone. once everyone settles it, it should go according to our hopes.

CSU has some very good running backs. All three can be game breakers and I am sure they will rotate them constantly in the game on Friday. I worry about their run game and especially that toss sweep play. We have to set the edge and I think we are going to be ok. That is my biggest concern for Friday.

Luton threw some horrendous passes that any defense would have feasted off of.

Can anybody here honestly tell me that OSU was adequate at best as a football team? THEY ARE DOG $hit..... after the first five minutes of the game I already was convinced we beat CSU by three touchdowns we beat Oregon State by four touchdowns.....end of story

Tell us more. Your analysis in this thread has been spot on.

CSU has some very good running backs. All three can be game breakers and I am sure they will rotate them constantly in the game on Friday. I worry about their run game and especially that toss sweep play. We have to set the edge and I think we are going to be ok. That is my biggest concern for Friday.

I think Ziggy Matthews or whatever his name is, probably the best one imho

The front seven will be tested. Hopefully the sunshine from fall camp is realized.

The front seven will be tested. Hopefully the sunshine from fall camp is realized.
Do you think Jackson/Javier/Mulumba/McCartney is better than what Oregon State put out there yesterday, especially after a few injuries (which was when CSU really got their run game going)? I think those 4 guys are the biggest keys to the game. Highly untested, outside of DMac, but pretty big and physical.

Do you think Jackson/Javier/Mulumba/McCartney is better than what Oregon State put out there yesterday, especially after a few injuries (which was when CSU really got their run game going)? I think those 4 guys are the biggest keys to the game. Highly untested, outside of DMac, but pretty big and physical.

I think the middle of our defense that will be really tested (including the safeties). I think it is a decent group, but can they hold up for four quarters? Not sure.

I think the middle of our defense that will be really tested (including the safeties). I think it is a decent group, but can they hold up for four quarters? Not sure.
This is a game in which Gambo should thrive, which is a huge advantage for CU, IMO. I like our "front 6" with those 4 and then Gambo and Lewis at LB. Great mix of size and athleticism.

This is a game in which Gambo should thrive, which is a huge advantage for CU, IMO. I like our "front 6" with those 4 and then Gambo and Lewis at LB. Great mix of size and athleticism.

Realistically, how many snaps can Edwards play?

Back