What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Big noon kickoff in Boulder next week?

I was thinking about this and I wonder if Prime has opened the door for some other accomplished, African American athletes to get into coaching.

Seeing Micheal Irwin on our sidelines made me think, if Prime leaves, would someone like him be a good replacement.

I think I would much rather have him than a Jimbo Fisher for example.

Those ex athletes seem to have the passion for it and I’m quite sure they could recruit.

I am quite sure that there will be schools who try to replicate what is going on at CU. (I would bet that none of them are in the SEC)
The number of people with the organizational management and media savvy of Prime who are also willing to coach & recruit is VERY limited.

Watching the show from yesterday after returning from Boulder. What a sweet view. And loved seeing Kordell and Westbrook.

I was thinking about this and I wonder if Prime has opened the door for some other accomplished, African American athletes to get into coaching.

Seeing Micheal Irwin on our sidelines made me think, if Prime leaves, would someone like him be a good replacement.

I think I would much rather have him than a Jimbo Fisher for example.

Those ex athletes seem to have the passion for it and I’m quite sure they could recruit.

I am quite sure that there will be schools who try to replicate what is going on at CU. (I would bet that none of them are in the SEC)
Bethune Cookman hired Ed Reed but after all of about 3-4 weeks he was out before he even got started.

My friend group has a running argument every NFL season about whether the 4 of us could tackle Derrick Henry if we all tried at once.

This just furthers my opinion which is there’s 0 ****ing chance we can take him down
Y’all would look like the high school children who tried tackle him when he was a man among boys in high school.

My friend group has a running argument every NFL season about whether the 4 of us could tackle Derrick Henry if we all tried at once.

This just furthers my opinion which is there’s 0 ****ing chance we can take him down
From a 1st hand encounter, the answer to this is no.

When Prime first hired I was amazed at him being on Championship game broadcast, appearances with Manning brothers on MNF, etc. Now Gameday and Big Noon are BOTH here for CSU?! CSU?!! And now I hear that CU/NU had more viewers than UT/Alabama

Feels like in Physics class when prof would give the thought problem of being on a train moving at the speed of light - only it's real with the Prime train, and we only get faster every week (warp speed).

You go low, you're going to get destroyed by the legs, you go high, you're going to get bulldozed like the kid that got done by Ingram.

The only negative I can think of with these noon ET kickoffs is that it makes it virtually impossible to get recruiting OVs in from them playing Friday night and being here for all the team activities prior to the game.

Much better for us on that front to be in that evening ET prime time slot.

I am going to try to cruise by both sets, not sure if there will be time? I am definitely going to be in the Game Day crowd

Back