What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Big Picture - Celebrating 120 years of CU football

Deleted member 807

My normal pre-game excitement has been tainted with a hint of dread. After 0-2, it's a real possibility WYO will draw blood. That would be too bad on Legacy Day.

This isn't just about throwback uniforms. This game commemorates 120 continuous years of CU football. CU has a longer tradition of football than everyone except Rutgers, some Ivy League schools and a few others.

CU has been playing for 4 or 5 generations of fans. CU football has been around for every single day in the lives of my kid, me, my dad, my granddad and my great grandad. My great-great and great-great-great grandpa were around when CU first took the field. CU provides a constant thread going back to the Indian Wars and the slaughter of Buffalo at the hands of frontiersmen like Buffalo Bill. Wyoming wasn't even a state back then.

Since then, CU football has weathered 23 presidents starting with Benjamin Harrison. CU football has been around since before the Spanish-American war, WWI, WWII and every war thereafter. CU football predates the first movie, the transistor radio, the Wright Brother's first flight, and DBT's puberty.

In honor of the event, CU is busting out throwback uniforms to honor our judge, Byron White and painting the field as if it were 1937. Sal Aunese will be honored 20 years after his death. Tomorrow should be a day of reverence to the thousands of young men and women who have been part of the program, on the field, on the sidelines, and in the bleachers.

It's with this thought that I get over and through the 0-2 start. CU Football is a survivor, and it's best days remain ahead. I sure hope to share CU with my great, great, great grandchildren.

Go Buffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back