1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big12/Pac10 Basketball Implications

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by GoBuffs!!, Jun 7, 2010.

1. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

So all this talk about Conference realignment, the talk has been about Football, and I understand that is what is driving this, but what is this going to mean for Basketball, any ideas?

2. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

It would be tough on the basketball programs. UT, OU, BU, A&M, and Arizona twice a year plus UCLA and UW once a year.

Even going to the MWC wouldn't be that much different.

3. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

I think that playing the big boys is a good thing, I dont want to have a season full of CSU and Wyoming. I figured thats how it would be, plus possibly a extra day for a 16 team tourney. Think of the recruits that we could attract with saying that we play in the best league, possibly sending 12 teams to the NCAA's every year... I see this as a Win-Win senario, packed stadiums for good compition, great CU teams full of high quality recruits, and truthfuly with the new practice faciltiy, the upward momentium of the team, I think we can easily be a top 25 team consistantly

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Would make itharder to get in the Dance. Look at the Big East. As many bids as they get, it always seems they're shorted 1 or 2. Politics.

5. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

I would agree with the Big East being harder in many respects, but with the formation of super conferences, I really think it will end up being teams from the super conferences then the winners of the smaller conferences and thats it, thus making it a requirement to be in one of those conferences if you want a at large bid