What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Biggest surprise players...good and bad.

The spring game showed big play potential. Everything so far has been less than 10 yards for him, appears to be more of a decoy. I guess the emergence of Shay has lessened the fanbases expectations for him but not for me. I think he could be a top 7 WR in the PAC.

it is therapeutic to transfer those expectations onto Spruce, our quality possession receiver.

Luke, I by no means think that anybody is saying bench Sefo. CU is in a phase right now where results matter and there is no time to see what we have in the cupboard. With the new resources and administrative support poured into the program with the investments made in the AD department, HCMM, and facilities I think CU needs to show the drive and conviction to excel as a Pac-12 school.
I get u and there is nobody better to lead that charge than Sefo from player point of view. RG is doing a great job so far, I'm thinking the guy is just getting started too.

Where is Ahkello? Crawley playing so well is great and I can see why he beat him out this spring, but, 12 snaps in three games? I was really excited about him this spring.

Where is Ahkello? Crawley playing so well is great and I can see why he beat him out this spring, but, 12 snaps in three games? I was really excited about him this spring.

Competition, my man. Tis a good thing: Crawley picked up his game, big time!

Crawley has really picked up his game. It's a noticable difference. He good. If we could just get the front seven to pick up their game a little, the defense would be decent.

Crawley has really picked up his game. It's a noticable difference. He good. If we could just get the front seven to pick up their game a little, the defense would be decent.

It is frustrating because the front 7 is often in the right position they are just not executing.

It is frustrating because the front 7 is often in the right position they are just not executing.
^^This^^. Not sure what the cause could be. Communication? Too hesitant avoiding a mistake v making a play? Outclassed athletically (questionable v our 1st 2 opponents)?

^^This^^. Not sure what the cause could be. Communication? Too hesitant avoiding a mistake v making a play? Outclassed athletically (questionable v our 1st 2 opponents)?

1st is youth. They are just going to make mistakes. A lot of them don't fully grasp what they are saying as an offensive play develops.

But with that probably comes communication issues.

There is some issues athletically when we match up with teams like ASU.

I chalk a lot of it up to inexperience though.

1st is youth. They are just going to make mistakes. A lot of them don't fully grasp what they are saying as an offensive play develops.

But with that probably comes communication issues.

There is some issues athletically when we match up with teams like ASU.

I chalk a lot of it up to inexperience though.

We have a lot of guys playing who in a normal program would still be developing into players.

No guarantee that they will develop into effective players but think about the Fr. and Soph. players who are getting time right now and add not only a year or two of experience but also a year or two of physical maturity and we start seeing a lot less of the front seven getting pushed around.

A combination of some extra coaching time and an extra 5-15 lbs each and we may be seeing some different results.

We have a lot of guys playing who in a normal program would still be developing into players.

No guarantee that they will develop into effective players but think about the Fr. and Soph. players who are getting time right now and add not only a year or two of experience but also a year or two of physical maturity and we start seeing a lot less of the front seven getting pushed around.

A combination of some extra coaching time and an extra 5-15 lbs each and we may be seeing some different results.
This is a great point. When we were good, these players would be getting experience in mop up duty. Because this program was is such disrepair, we have true frosh playing against seasoned upperclassmen. If the ASU game is any indication what they are capable of, and more as they grow, then I feel much better about the direction of CU football.

Christian Powell is to me a big surprise....... He was touted as being so ready for this year. I was excited to see him make a splash like Chris Brown did. Against CSU and UMASS, I was disappointed.

His two big runs against ASU was the pleasant surprise! He seems to mostly get 1-2 yards a carry. But the last game showed some signs of him breaking out. He's big and could be a great back. It's time. Would love to see him make a statement against Hawaii......

Powell was good against UMASS. Broke a ton of tackles to get the yards he did.

His cut backs in the ASU game were really good too. I think he's maturing...looking fwd to seeing what he's capable of this season.

IMO, he's not running through tackles like he did as a freshman. His goal line runs have been very unimpressive. And let's be honest, that big run vs. ASU was a great play call (no LB in the middle) and well executed by the OL. The Red Sea parted right in front of him, had to make zero cuts, most of us could have gotten 20 yards at least on that one. Any of the tailbacks would have scored.

Tupou has eaten up a lot of space, and its disappointing to see the other DLs not getting into gaps.

I'm most impressed with the entire OL in pass protection. For the most part, they've given Sefo time, unlike last year (albeit against weaker competition than what they'll be facing soon.)

Back