What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Blackmon leaves the team

You better drink an extra bottle of ensure the day we meet gramps. Cuz I'm going to bring the pain!:boxing:

Make sure you you eat your flinstones vitamins doogie howser, the only thing beating you to the hospital will be the headlights from the ambulance you're riding in.....

Okay, I'll stole that from eastwood...

The double secret wr? Is that the wr who is 6-3 in one article and 5-11 in another? He'll fit right in here because are guys lose height every other month :smile2:

We have have a great group of te's too so that will help out.

Solder to wr.

Rivals verified him at 6-3, ****!!! how many times do i have to say this!? i feel like a ****ing syko.

Transfers happen in every program almost every year. I wish the kid well, but like valdez said, I didn't see him contributing much in the near future. I still think we are looking pretty good at the WR position.

Good luck Chance, glad you gave it a try!:thumbsup:

There's really no positive spin that can be put on this, IMO. We need talent and depth at WR. We just lost a little of both. Regardless of whether he would have seen much PT this year, he would have provided some depth at a position where it is sorely needed.

I'm not sure depth - as in bodies - is what's so needed at wr. Talent, commitment, team players, guys who are willing to work their butts off to get better/on the field (i.e. Simas and Simmons) and make the team better are what's needed.

In that sense, it's a positive any time anybody who doesn't want to be one of those goes. I have no particular insight on Blackmon's situation and certainly wish him no ill will, but if he doesn't want to be a Buff, he and the Buffs are better off without him being one.

Espinosa is being mentioned by coaches quite a bit and Chance wasn't being brought up too much. I think we will see a couple of the new guys in there as we need some size. Simas has some. McKnight, Smith, and the walk-on/transfer from Orange County is impressing.

Who you talking about me or rivals boy? If it's me, your a$$ better call somebody. I made chuck norris cry with my 1 inch death punch.

No dude, I was talking about rivals boy and backing you up.

Hey I know the mooshoo finger hold as well! :thumbsup:

If we cannot recruit some top-notch WR talent with our current situation, something is seriously wrong.

I don't like this. WR still has just as many questions as answers.

If we cannot recruit some top-notch WR talent with our current situation, something is seriously wrong.

I am hoping that Hansen, Cody, or Ballenger can come out and impress enough to help impress and inspire some recruits to come onboard.

IMO.....good bye, dont need ya. this is a team sport and he is walking out on his team. it is best that he leaves now, and not in the middle of the season. cant call it a loss until you know what you have on and off the field, just found out what we have off the field......good luck.......GO BUFFS!!!!!

**** you, asshole. Don't be saying that kind of **** about players/former players who decide to go in a different direction.

IMO.....good bye, dont need ya. this is a team sport and he is walking out on his team. it is best that he leaves now, and not in the middle of the season. cant call it a loss until you know what you have on and off the field, just found out what we have off the field......good luck.......GO BUFFS!!!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyone who decides to go a different direction for any reason does not have character... right?

ah hell somebosy has to say it.....

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!! WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED

:smile2:

not my point, I wish the kid the best of luck at what ever he goes after.......but maybe he looked around and felt that he was not going to get much playing time, but only he knows the real reason why he left......GO BUFFS!!!!!!

not my point, I wish the kid the best of luck at what ever he goes after.......but maybe he looked around and felt that he was not going to get much playing time, but only he knows the real reason why he left......GO BUFFS!!!!!!

We agree. Don't understand why you felt the need to imply there was something wrong with the kid with that in mind.

So I'm thinking the rumors that we're going to sign another WR in the 2009 recruiting class just got validated

Simmons is a must and cu can't afford any injuries or will be running the wish-bone.

Be nice to have that jackson kid right about now eh?

Simmons is a must and cu can't afford any injuries or will be running the wish-bone.

Be nice to have that jackson kid right about now eh?

Meh. I'm looking forward. If Simmons gets in, he'll obviously play right away and we're looking at a situation where Simmons, McKnight, and Smith all graduate after next season with Simas being a junior. There is a major need for some underclassmen depth in this class. Signing up to 4 should not be out of the question.

Meh. I'm looking forward. If Simmons gets in, he'll obviously play right away and we're looking at a situation where Simmons, McKnight, and Smith all graduate after next season with Simas being a junior. There is a major need for some underclassmen depth in this class. Signing up to 4 should not be out of the question.

It was more tongue in cheek, but I knew that would draw the ire of certain posters:rolleyes:

I agree, signing 4 is not out of the question. I think simmons will get in and if they stay healthy we'll be fine but much like OL, they are going to have to build this area up and quickly.

Maybe the WR group was so dominant in practice, CB thought he'd never get any playing time and wants to transfer somewhere he can play.

I'm holding out hope that this says more about how good the rest of the group looks...We can dream can't we??

If they're going to a power I formation, with double tight ends, that will eliminate the need for three WR's. They have depth at TE and at RB, and they'll likely line Lockridge up at slot from time to time.

Depth is certainly an issue, but I don't think this will cause the staff to re-evaluate their game plan strategies this year.

Back