What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Blackmon leaves the team

If they're going to a power I formation, with double tight ends, that will eliminate the need for three WR's. They have depth at TE and at RB, and they'll likely line Lockridge up at slot from time to time.

Depth is certainly an issue, but I don't think this will cause the staff to re-evaluate their game plan strategies this year.

We are loaded at te and rb and like you said,lockride speedy look like they will see some time in the slot,at least lockridge will. They will be fine without injury, I think it's more for depth and having guys ready down the road when smith,mcknight and simmons graduate .

Is that what you're calling it these days? :lol:

:rofl2:

I'm not sure depth - as in bodies - is what's so needed at wr. Talent, commitment, team players, guys who are willing to work their butts off to get better/on the field (i.e. Simas and Simmons) and make the team better are what's needed.

The jury's still out on Simmons' effort. Meanwhile, Blackmon was in school and was taller and faster or as fast as the rest of the WRs. Then again, maybe this is WHY the Buffs are seeking a mystery WR...

ah hell somebosy has to say it.....

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!! WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED

:smile2:

Awesome! You have seen the light and joined the Buffs!

Simmons is no guarrantee to play right away (if he gets here). There is an awful lot to learn upstairs and all the talent in the world won't help one iota if the QB and he aren't in sync. It sounds like a given that he won't be here in the summer until late at best. I frankly think that he won't see the field early. I think Ussery is the guy who will see the field as he's a mature young man, very smart (i.e. Stanford and Harvard smart) AND he will be here all summer long working on the offense with our QBs. That will be HUGE.

:rofl2:The jury's still out on Simmons' effort. Meanwhile, Blackmon was in school and was taller and faster or as fast as the rest of the WRs. Then again, maybe this is WHY the Buffs are seeking a mystery WR...

By all accounts Simmons is busting his *ss to be a Buff. Likewise, by Kiesau's account Blackmon is greener than even Darden and Ussery, two incoming freshmen!

Maybe you know something the rest of us don't but my impression is Chance Blackmon was and remains a long-term project... wherever he chooses to play.

Simmons is no guarrantee to play right away (if he gets here). There is an awful lot to learn upstairs and all the talent in the world won't help one iota if the QB and he aren't in sync. It sounds like a given that he won't be here in the summer until late at best. I frankly think that he won't see the field early. I think Ussery is the guy who will see the field as he's a mature young man, very smart (i.e. Stanford and Harvard smart) AND he will be here all summer long working on the offense with our QBs. That will be HUGE.

Good points, and with Darden still recovering from his injury, it looks like Ussery will be the only early contributor.

Hope everyone else stays eligible and injury free ...

Coach Mac got an extension in his third season despite posting three losing records, just like Coach Hawk. In year four, Mac went to the wishbone and never had another losing season.

You don't think ......... :canabis:

Coach Mac got an extension in his third season despite posting three losing records, just like Coach Hawk. In year four, Mac went to the wishbone and never had another losing season.

You don't think ......... :canabis:

Wait, we're switching to the wishbone?

AWESOME!!!!!!!

It would be a wonderful thing for college football to have many more teams running option again.

I'm fairly certain the Simmons learning curve would be a fraction of what any of the incoming true freshman would go through....the JUCO level is definately a few notches above high school and is good preparation for him to step right in @ CU. Not to mention that from what I've read and seen he's the most talented of the WR recruits we have coming in.

If Simmons gets the grades he needs I'll liken him to Mohler who made a big impact and went through the exact same rigorous academic grind that Simmons is going through now

I'm fairly certain the Simmons learning curve would be a fraction of what any of the incoming true freshman would go through....the JUCO level is definately a few notches above high school and is good preparation for him to step right in @ CU. Not to mention that from what I've read and seen he's the most talented of the WR recruits we have coming in.

If Simmons gets the grades he needs I'll liken him to Mohler who made a big impact and went through the exact same rigorous academic grind that Simmons is going through now

^^^This^^^

WR is not the most cerebral position on the field. Sure, they'll be some learning for Simmons assuming he get on campus (I'm hoping for Mohler 2.0 here, so far it sound like he's putting the work in) but his curve is drastically less steep than Ussery or Dardens. That said, I would not be surprised to see either of them see PT this season assuming they come into Boulder healthy.

I just wonder who will step up and sieze the opportunity like Ray Polk did at the Safety position?

Hate to tease you guys, but it sounds like we may get a transfer WR from a big-time program. It's premium info of course:smile2:

Outside of the conference, so he would just have to sit out one year. Let's hope it's true

Hate to tease you guys, but it sounds like we may get a transfer WR from a big-time program. It's premium info of course:smile2:
medium_julio-jump.jpg

This guy, right?

That's what I heard. He still has his RS year too. It's true, or not....

:lol:

Thinking we'll know by the end of the month. I'm thinking they probably want to get him enrolled in summer classes if he is coming here.

Back