What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Blake Street Tavern closing?

Lazy Dog is gone? Damn
As a side note, does anyone know what happened to that building?

Google doesn't list anything at that address (1346 Pearl), and the last I can find on it is a Daily Camera article that said it was purchased by WW Reynolds in 2019 for $8.3M (the previous owner had purchased it in 2008 for $2.5M- not a bad investment). Google Maps streetview is not helpful as the last image is from 2019.

WW Reynolds (who seems to own half of Boulder by this point) does not list it as one of their available properties on their website.

Side note: IIRC, WW Reynolds were the ones that really ****ed over the Conor O'Neils owners and led to their closing.

EDIT: I just looked up what went into Conor's space, and I am incandescently furious. BOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:
As a side note, does anyone know what happened to that building?

Google doesn't list anything at that address (1346 Pearl), and the last I can find on it is a Daily Camera article that said it was purchased by WW Reynolds in 2019 for $8.3M (the previous owner had purchased it in 2008 for $2.5M- not a bad investment). Google Maps streetview is not helpful as the last image is from 2019.

WW Reynolds (who seems to own half of Boulder by this point) does not list it as one of their available properties on their website.

Side note: IIRC, WW Reynolds were the ones that really ****ed over the Conor O'Neils owners and led to their closing.

EDIT: I just looked up what went into Conor's space, and I am incandescently furious. BOOOOOOOOOOOO

There had been for lease signs up on the Lazy Dog building for many years now - they're gone now.

If you find and click the Lazy Dog building (1346 Pearl) on the Boulder Development Review Map website (https://bouldercolorado.gov/development-review-cases-map), there are plans up for a renovation that seems to include different store fronts/entrances along 14th where the plain brick wall now sits with a mural. One has an alley side patio with a roll up garage door bar where the parking lot is. Looks like the rooftop bar stays too. Not sure how easy/hard it is to get something like this approved - it's leased by WW Reynolds to a company out of Fort Collins called 'Elevated Huts' who seem to run 20 or so Cheba Huts/SkinnyFats restaurants. This location seems like it's a little high rent for those. So what will go in?

And Boulder needs something like Conor's back somewhere, somehow. Bizzaro Conors is still in business in Ann Arbor.

Last edited:
There had been for lease signs up on the Lazy Dog building for many years now - they're gone now.

If you find and click the Lazy Dog building (1346 Pearl) on the Boulder Development Review Map website (https://bouldercolorado.gov/development-review-cases-map), there are plans up for a renovation that seems to include different store fronts/entrances along 14th where the plain brick wall now sits with a mural. One has an alley side patio with a roll up garage door bar where the parking lot is. Looks like the rooftop bar stays too. Not sure how easy/hard it is to get something like this approved - it's leased by WW Reynolds to a company out of Fort Collins called 'Elevated Huts' who seem to run 20 or so Cheba Huts/SkinnyFats restaurant. This location seems like it's a little high rent for those. So what will go in?

And Boulder needs something like Conor's back somewhere, somehow. Bizzaro Conors is still in business in Ann Arbor.
This post is informative and the poster is correct in their opinions. 10/10, would like twice if I could.

…..and it’s drooling idiotic mindless uneducated drones and zombies. And fascists. Not that I have an opinion about it.
👍🏻. I lived in an apartment directly next to, overlooking, the Scientolgy Celebrity Center in Hollywood for years. They became a pet-peeve, guilty-pleasure research topic. The stories belong in their own thread; suffice it to say, watching their morning “reveille” in the parking lot with a kid who looks like a fifteen-year old decked out in a full “naval” uniform with tons on medals yelling at 40 and 50 year olds for not standing perfectly in their lines…. priceless.

Today I learned, as I was reading an article on the 100 year anniversary of The Sink, that they no longer operate as proper college bar and close at 10pm every night of the week. I guess they’re leaning more into the food and being more of a family place than a late night college bar.

WTF?!?! When did this happen?? I’m considering changing my handle.

Today I learned, as I was reading an article on the 100 year anniversary of The Sink, that they no longer operate as proper college bar and close at 10pm every night of the week. I guess they’re leaning more into the food and being more of a family place than a late night college bar.

I think that happened when @Uncle Ken displaced all the students on The Hill.

I assume they wanted to keep their liquor license.

I assume they wanted to keep their liquor license.
They managed to keep it for decades, what has changed? The Sink was always the last stop on the way home for people living on the hill when I was a student and there are more than enough 21+ people to support a full evening bar. If the concern is underage drinkers then I’d take a hard look at who I was employing at the door and behind the bar before just abandoning that bar business but that’s just me.

They managed to keep it for decades, what has changed? The Sink was always the last stop on the way home for people living on the hill when I was a student and there are more than enough 21+ people to support a full evening bar. If the concern is underage drinkers then I’d take a hard look at who I was employing at the door and behind the bar before just abandoning that bar business but that’s just me.
Boulder changed.

Is there still a university in it? Unless laws have changed, I’m not clear why they would suddenly be worried about their liquor license unless they’re employing the wrong people.
I would not be surprised if the NIMBY “Residents of University Hill” group or whatever they call themselves lobbied for and received some sort of code change that prevents university hill restaurants from being open past 10 or some ****.

These ****ing people moved to the Hill and then are horrified to live in a neighborhood with college students. Like- sweetie, where did you think you were moving?

I would not be surprised if the NIMBY “Residents of University Hill” group or whatever they call themselves lobbied for and received some sort of code change that prevents university hill restaurants from being open past 10 or some ****.

These ****ing people moved to the Hill and then are horrified to live in a neighborhood with college students. Like- sweetie, where did you think you were moving?
If that’s true, that would explain it and would be bulls**t. I have just not heard that it was due to some code change. I’m sure those hill residents were all in bed by 10 every Saturday night when they were in school.

Game Show Wow GIF by ABC Network

You’ll be shocked to know that the woman who penned this letter to the daily camera in 2021 is frustrated to tears that she “has to clean up the neighborhood after parties” and can’t sleep “because of screaming and loud music” moved there in 2017.

Moving to the Hill and expecting it to be an experience like a sleepy suburb is just a fundamental misunderstanding of what the Hill is.

Upon further research, I did see that The Sink had their liquor license suspended back in 2019 for allegedly over serving someone who later died in a car accident. A 21 year old came in with friends, allegedly had 5 shots in 40 minutes then left to go to the Dark Horse where he was denied entry because he was too intoxicated, so he got Taco Bell then drove into a traffic light and a wall on 30th killing himself in the process.

Their license was only suspended for about a week so no idea if this was a trigger for changing their business model or if it was unrelated.

Link

And they are the same people who use the campus as their dog park, get public patron accounts at Norlin, audit classes, go to movies at the IFS, etc.

You’ll be shocked to know that the woman who penned this letter to the daily camera in 2021 is frustrated to tears that she “has to clean up the neighborhood after parties” and can’t sleep “because of screaming and loud music” moved there in 2017.

Moving to the Hill and expecting it to be an experience like a sleepy suburb is just a fundamental misunderstanding of what the Hill is.
She needs to fire her realtor.

She needs to fire her realtor.
Yup.

Actually, I looked her up and she is NOT what I expected. Mid 30s, hippie-adjacent, engaged but no kids, probably some sort of trust fund kid is my guess.

Doesn’t seem like her concern for/investment in the Boulder community was that deep, though. She moved to Denver almost immediately after writing that letter according to her IG. Glad she got to assist in policy decisions. Lol.

Too lazy to support with evidence, but that’s almost exactly what happened. This went down about 5 years ago, or maybe longer when the hill neighborhood association got some allies on city planning and they squeezed the bars and theaters. Most of them left the hill. Those that stayed had to limit hours to keep a license.

Too lazy to support with evidence, but that’s almost exactly what happened. This went down about 5 years ago, or maybe longer when the hill neighborhood association got some allies on city planning and they squeezed the bars and theaters. Most of them left the hill. Those that stayed had to limit hours to keep a license.
Vote Libertarian! The Karen’s are running amo.

At one time my wife was extolling the likely benefits of pure Libertarianism and I said “Great, I’ve always wanted to try heroin just to see what all the buzz is about”. She recoiled in horror and said “You can’t do that”. I replied “I’ll only do it a few times then I’ll quit - you just have to trust my judgment. Why should the state be involved?”

I think we both changed the subject after that and moved on. Probably went to the yogurt shop or something.

We now take you back to the thread topic.

Back