What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Blake Street Tavern closing?

There’s a difference between Libertarianism and Anarchy, but apparently it’s a bit too subtle to discern.

There’s a difference between Libertarianism and Anarchy, but apparently it’s a bit too subtle to discern.
Libertarianism as an ideology has a lot to offer as long as you're pragmatic enough not to be a purist. Purity gets you to where you oppose things like public roads.

Anarchy has similar problems.

At one time my wife was extolling the likely benefits of pure Libertarianism and I said “Great, I’ve always wanted to try heroin just to see what all the buzz is about”. She recoiled in horror and said “You can’t do that”. I replied “I’ll only do it a few times then I’ll quit - you just have to trust my judgment. Why should the state be involved?”

I think we both changed the subject after that and moved on. Probably went to the yogurt shop or something.

We now take you back to the thread topic.
Opiods were made illegal in 1909. Before that you were able to by them in a drug store. There was no epidemic then.

Libertarianism as an ideology has a lot to offer as long as you're pragmatic enough not to be a purist. Purity gets you to where you oppose things like public roads.

Anarchy has similar problems.
Libertarianism is too revolutionary for most to get their heads around. Most citizens believe that the freedoms that are important to us are the only ones that matter.

It is sad that a bunch of citizens can lobby the state to devalue a great business like The Sink.

I loved that place.

Libertarianism is too revolutionary for most to get their heads around. Most citizens believe that the freedoms that are important to us are the only ones that matter.

It is sad that a bunch of citizens can lobby the state to devalue a great business like The Sink.

I loved that place.
Yeah, that’s the problem. Most of us don’t understand libertarianism.

Opiods were made illegal in 1909. Before that you were able to by them in a drug store. There was no epidemic then.
Youre Wrong John C Mcginley GIF

By 1895, morphine and opium powders, like OxyContin and other prescription opioids today, had led to an addiction epidemic that affected roughly 1 in 200 Americans. Before 1900, the typical opiate addict in America was an upper-class or middle-class white woman. Today, doctors are re-learning lessons their predecessors learned more than a lifetime ago.

Youre Wrong John C Mcginley GIF

The real numbers of opioid addicts prior to criminalization was roughly 10% of users. Which is consistent with the proportion of alcohol users who become alcoholics. Because of criminalization, heroine doses became far more concentrated and far more addictive.

Read the book “Chasing the Scream” by Johann Hari. It gives an incredible breakdown of the war on drugs and what an utter disaster it has been. It is a must read for any American, right, left, and center.

Back