What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Board of Regents meeting TODAY about moving to Pac-10 in 2011 or 2012 at 5 pm

Correct. The Mack 10 has an issue, though. They promised A&M, OU and UT $20MM/Yr. Some of that was supposed to come from the exit penalties from CU and NU. The more the exit penalties get whittled down, the more the conference has to come up with to placate those three. Particularly the wack jobs in Collie Station.

Read the OrangeBloods article. CU & NU's exit money isn't factored into the Big 12's promise to A&M.

It reallly does help to read.

At least this off season is going to be one of the most exciting off seasons we've had in a very long time.

Chip Brown said that the Big 12 has stopped sending money to CU and NU.

That makes me think of an image of CU and NU upstairs in the rooms, packing their bags and the conference comes in to ask what they're doing. They say "Running away from this s***hole!" and the conference says "Fine, then I'm cutting off your allowance." "That's OK, we'll make more money where we're going!" lol

Read the OrangeBloods article. CU & NU's exit money isn't factored into the Big 12's promise to A&M.

Oh, so this money is going to magically appear from Chip Browns ass. Got it.

At least this off season is going to be one of the most exciting off seasons we've had in a very long time.

I have got to go to the 2011 Spring Game...hopefully a Pac-12 logo will be painted on the field at Folsom Field!

Actually, if the issue is anything to do with UT it does not help at all to read an orangeblood article. It's all propaganda. "Oh yeah, none of the 20 million is going to come from the buyout and everyone else will get 17 mill, and fairies are going to appear and give us all great hummers while we count our endless piles of money!"

Actually, if the issue is anything to do with UT it does not help at all to read an orangeblood article. It's all propaganda. "Oh yeah, none of the 20 million is going to come from the buyout and everyone else will get 17 mill, and fairies are going to appear and give us all great hummers while we count our endless piles of money!"

so your fantasy involves hummers from a fairy?

The Sporting News has picked up this story (still from Chip Brown) and they were the first media outlet to break the news that CU was going to the Pac-10.

If you actually believe what's written in Orangebloods, which is nothing more than a mouthpiece for UTs agenda, I've got some oceanfront property in Colorado I'd like to talk to you about.

Reading orangebloods doesn't help. It's nothing more than propaganda. I don't read propaganda (when I can avoid it).

If it's true that the Mack 10 isn't distributing ANY money to CU and NU, then there's nothing stopping CU and NU from going to their respective conferences immediately, other than scheduling issues. Start playing basketall in the Pac 12 THIS season. Why not? If we're not getting paid by the conference we're in, why not leave now?

If it's true that the Mack 10 isn't distributing ANY money to CU and NU, then there's nothing stopping CU and NU from going to their respective conferences immediately, other than scheduling issues. Start playing basketall in the Pac 12 THIS season. Why not? If we're not getting paid by the conference we're in, why not leave now?

I wish we could do that but the basketball schedules are done and new members do not join until the start of the fiscal year which would be July 1st. The Buffs and Utes will be FULL Pac-10 members on July 1, 2011 if this goes through.

I wish we could do that but the basketball schedules are done and new members do not join until the start of the fiscal year which would be July 1st. The Buffs and Utes will be FULL Pac-10 members on July 1, 2011 if this goes through.

Yeah, I suppose scheduling would be a big problem. It's the principle of the thing.

if orangecruds.com remains the only source, the question to ask is: what is the Texas angle here? why make this information public and why now?

now, if our guys come out of the meeting tonight with a decision and a purpose for 2011 and the Pac.....hooray!

Here is what is going to be interesting. How much is it going to cost CU? Borrowing the money is still a cost.

Here is what is going to be interesting. How much is it going to cost CU? Borrowing the money is still a cost.

i believe the money is either being fronted by the University or the Pac-10 instead of it coming out of the AD budget. The payback would be made through reduced Pac-12 disbursements (if the Pac fronts), or from diverting Pac-12 disbursements from the AD to the University (if the University fronts).

Yeah. It has been pretty obvious that every party involved wanted the 2011 move. CU has been posturing to get the best deal possible. But there should never have been a doubt that there would be a settlement/agreement.

i believe the money is either being fronted by the University or the Pac-10 instead of it coming out of the AD budget. The payback would be made through reduced Pac-12 disbursements (if the Pac fronts), or from diverting Pac-12 disbursements from the AD to the University (if the University fronts).

What will probably happen is that is that if an agreement is in place, the Big 12 will resume paying the Buffs after the Big 12 gets the full amount that was agreed on for year one of paying back the Big 12 out of x years. That means some of the money that the Buffs earn from the Pac-12 TV contract will be used to pay the Big 12. The Pac-12 would simply not have to front CU any money and just take a little money out of CU's Pac-12 payments to pay for admission into the Pac-10.

There might be no need to borrow.

does anyone know how the tv revenue works? does the station pay CU or the Big 12 for broadcasting rights?

Yeah. It has been pretty obvious that every party involved wanted the 2011 move. CU has been posturing to get the best deal possible. But there should never have been a doubt that there would be a settlement/agreement.

It made way too much sense for the Buffs to go to the Pac-10 next year and didn't make a whole lot of sense for the Buffs to stay another year. Every Big 12 AD is just giddy right now because they have to figure out what to do with a few extra million dollars a year.

I wonder if Nebraska will get a similar deal given their posturing?

No one is saying that the main point is wrong, yes, CU is probably going in 2011... the spin and information surrounding that decision is what no one should read into.

Just think about it...do you think Chip is tired of everyone saying that he has no credibility and decided to be very careful about what he reports? The ESPN article pretty much seals the whole thing. He quoted multiple Big 12 sources and that should be good enough.

I'm certain that all the Pac-10 teams will pay extra to get Coach Hawkins' fine product on their schedules immediately. I'd be surprised if they don't try to rework their 2010 schedules after CU's performance against Cal.

No doubt. Pre-9/11 word from pac-10 was 2012. After that sick show, the sooner the better.

Chip Brown is definitely WRONG about 1 thing......

"Colorado and Dan Hawkins will be leaving for the PAC-10 in 2011."

Methinks he is wrong about that..... unless he has inside information that Hawk has locked down the special education coordinator position at Arizona State....
Fify :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back