What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn has a favorite in mind and it´s current College HC

Henderson reporting on twitter that the fat man isn't being considered

I think the Buffs would give him a shot as offensive coordinator, if the new head coach wanted him. Mangino is trying to rehabilitate his image. Getting back into the coordinator booth is the best way for him to do that.

My list: Doeren > Andersen > DeRuyter

Doeren has not "built" anything but has a quality coordinator experience, comes from a successful coaching tree and can pool a good BCS coaching staff.

Andersen has the "built" a program quality and a presence in the western recruiting footprint, but I have concerns to the lack BCS experience.

DeRuyter has both a good upbringing as a coach and some quality coordinator experience, but the rub on him at A&M was poor/limited as a recruiter.

*i can't make up my mind on MacIntyre from SJSU

Doeren also would be a solid choice ... no bull crap kinda guy.... d coord at a pressure cooker bcs school

I am not sold on Anderson. Everyone has brought up some great stats and points about him. But it feels a lot like Hawk. He is coaching a lower tier school with good success. He finds a way to utilize talent that is not top D1 talent and competes 1-2 times a year they play BCS teams. BUT my concern is will Anderson be like Hawk and bring the same underdog attitude to Boulder? Will be continue to miss out on BCS level talent and try to compete 10 games a year with subpar talent? Will his coaching style translate to BCS level. Cause we all thought Hawk was a home run and we all know how that turned out cause of these things..... and IMO Anderson is facing pretty much has the exact same challenges and seems very similar. Scares me a little. My preference is a BCS level coordinator. If it is Anderson I will be behind him 100% but it is far from a "home run" hire people are calling for IMO

My list: Doeren > Andersen > DeRuyter

Doeren has not "built" anything but has a quality coordinator experience, comes from a successful coaching tree and can pool a good BCS coaching staff.

Andersen has the "built" a program quality and a presence in the western recruiting footprint, but I have concerns to the lack BCS experience.

DeRuyter has both a good upbringing as a coach and some quality coordinator experience, but the rub on him at A&M was poor/limited as a recruiter.

*i can't make up my mind on MacIntyre from SJSU

Coach Mac (pt.2) would be a solid hire. While some of the success has come from SJSU's weaker schedule compared to years past, this team has had a huge change in talent during his tenure. Skills guys are legit and would easily start for us. DL is solid, but the OL is fairly thin for them. I think he would a good option, no non-sense kind of guy.

While it's certainly imperative that we land a coach or staff that can recruit very effectively, I don't see the importance of the new coach having ties to the west coast. If the coach and his staff are good recruiters, that's the main thing I would think.

I am not sold on Anderson. Everyone has brought up some great stats and points about him. But it feels a lot like Hawk. He is coaching a lower tier school with good success. He finds a way to utilize talent that is not top D1 talent and competes 1-2 times a year they play BCS teams. BUT my concern is will Anderson be like Hawk and bring the same underdog attitude to Boulder? Will be continue to miss out on BCS level talent and try to compete 10 games a year with subpar talent? Will his coaching style translate to BCS level. Cause we all thought Hawk was a home run and we all know how that turned out cause of these things..... and IMO Anderson is facing pretty much has the exact same challenges and seems very similar. Scares me a little. My preference is a BCS level coordinator. If it is Anderson I will be behind him 100% but it is far from a "home run" hire people are calling for IMO

Hawkins inherited a good program from Dirk Koetter. Andersen built USU from nothing.

Hawkins inherited a good program from Dirk Koetter. Andersen built USU from nothing.

This is very true. What I guess I am getting at here is the feel is very similar. Taking a coach from lower tier school with an underdog attitude. It didn't translate last time. It could work well this time..... It is just very similar and makes me a little concerned

And I think that's the big thing I like about the guy, combined with the fact he was a DC for a couple of very successful Utah teams.

He hasn't recruited against BCS programs and he hasn't had to compete against BCS programs on a weekly basis. But, it sure looks like the guy knows how to coach and knows how to turn a program around. Those are two qualities that CU desperately needs in a HC right now.

Was talking with a friend the other day and we figured we just open up the check book all the way bring in Belichick as HC, Chip Kelly as OC, and Nick Saban as DC. Next year would probably still be a little rough, but we would be in the NCG for the next decade straight.

Pretty sure I've heard in the Denver Post and DC that Stitt is not a candidate per CU AD. Don't think he would even be in the conversation, unless we basically already have a HC and he likes Stitt as an OC.

Pretty sure I've heard in the Denver Post and DC that Stitt is not a candidate per CU AD. Don't think he would even be in the conversation, unless we basically already have a HC and he likes Stitt as an OC.

:yeahthat:

I think they reported not a candidate for HC, maybe leaving the OC as a possibility. Not sure, though

Stitt as OC and a great disciplinarian tough nosed HC with a defensive background like Deruyter

Back