What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn has a favorite in mind and it´s current College HC

I'm always a little shocked when I hear those guys are alive, let alone still on the radio. "Heck of a guy, he could really coach back in the 1930's when he was with Denver East. Heck of a guy."
Lol. "Now he's running the NAPA down on Broadway, doing a heckuva job. Stop in and see him, then ask him to dinner at the Hacienda Colorado, which makes a heckuva margarita."

Lol. "Now he's running the NAPA down on Broadway, doing a heckuva job. Stop in and see him, then ask him to dinner at the Hacienda Colorado, which makes a heckuva margarita."

Get in the Hunt.

I miss when Irv and Joe weren't 900 years old and were somewhat relevant.

no because they didn't want to work under embree? or just no to CU?

if before embree fired I would have to say wouldn't work under embree...I bet the convo before Bohn decided to fire him was about replacing both DC and OC and Embree said tough ****.

Just walked by the practice fields on my way home from work and they're in the midst of putting up the bubble. Was it decided they weren't putting it up at all this year or just not for football? I wonder if it's going up to show prospective coaches what we do have.

I don't think so. Too much SEC land for Bohn and CU. That's my opinion. I think a HC with some exposure to Cali and TX is preferred.

Broadly, I think this makes sense; but, Malzahn in the P12 would really be a great fit. He's a shooting star coach. If Colorado has a shot to get him, we should give him significant consideration.

Only worry to me is how does Malzahn get into California? Can't build this trainwreck program solely from TX, LA and Arky castoffs.
Another worry is Malzahn has NEVER coached in an environment like CU where the program is unnecessarily shackled by made up academic requirements that other schools (i.e. Arkansas State, AUBURN) don't have to deal with.

Completely agree that the offense would work in P12.

I just don't see Bohn going hard after him. He is probably going to Arky or Auburn. From prior public statements I am pretty sure that Bohn beileves it is helpful to have a HC w/ experience in the footprint of the Pac 12. And I tend to agree.

If he is going hard after one guy w/ some backups on the list which it sounds like is the case, I just don't think it would be Malzahn. Not to say he wouldn't be on the list but I just doubt it is his 1st choice.

Only worry to me is how does Malzahn get into California? Can't build this trainwreck program solely from TX, LA and Arky castoffs.
Another worry is Malzahn has NEVER coached in an environment like CU where the program is unnecessarily shackled by made up academic requirements that other schools (i.e. Arkansas State, AUBURN) don't have to deal with.

Completely agree that the offense would work in P12.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Malzahn have an excellent reputation as a recruiter? Granted that is in the SEC...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Malzahn have an excellent reputation as a recruiter? Granted that is in the SEC...

And your probably right given his previous experience as a HS HC in Arkansas. But he's "unknown" on the West Coast/California, that's my point.
Now, if he could get a guy like Adrian Klemm at UCLA or Tosh Lupoi from UW to help with the inroads, that would be OK.
But in the end we also need to remember that one-year does not a "great hire" make. Remember he replaced the dude who went to Ole Miss because THAT GUY has built the Arky State program.

As the young kid FLounder started another thread on, Pat Fitzgerald would be the ideal get for CU. Unfortunately, it will NEVER happen. :cry:

Unfortunately, nothing to link. I just spoke to someone in the know...was told he isn't on the list. Gonna have to trust me.

OK, thanks. How about dropping names of people who are on the list? I'll rep ya and be really appreciative. :)

Lombardi also tweeted this:
"interviews begin tomorrow...naming a coach in 10 days...two candidates coaching this weekend...2.5 mill/year"

...so, Malzahn? Arky State is playing this week. Maybe Hazell at Kent? I know cubuffs11 said Doeren is a no-go, but I really like him.

Air Farce has nothing to do with it. I'd go just as ape **** if Niumiatololo at Navy was being mentioned too.

Don't look now, rumor on coachingsearch.com is that Niumiatololo is interested in the job and could enter the mix.

Regarding Malzahn and recruiting, a HC's role in recruiting is basically a closer. The HC is so limited in the amount of contact they can have with a recruit, it's all about the assistants. If Malzahn gets assistants who can recruit Cali, we'd be in good shape.

Back