What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boise State v. Lousiana Tech

Look, Boise is a nice little team that's pretty good, but no way do they deserve to play for the national title if they run the table. No ****ing way.

A nice little team that could beat anyone in the country. Mind you, there is no dominate team this year.

Point is, nobody has balls enough to get across from them.

Oh, please. It's simple economics. The big boys don't want to schedule home and aways with them because it's a losing proposition for them, money-wise. It's the same reason CSU never wanted their 'home' games vs. CU in Ft. Fun.

BSU might think they are above doing 2 for 1s at this point, but they're not. They only drew 32k to last night's game and are averaging less than 34k to their home games this year. They can't afford the kind of payout a BCS school would demand for a home and home type game. So unless they're going to do a 2 for 1, they're not likely to get a lot of big name opponents.

Oh, please. It's simple economics. The big boys don't want to schedule home and aways with them because it's a losing proposition for them, money-wise. It's the same reason CSU never wanted their 'home' games vs. CU in Ft. Fun.

BSU might think they are above doing 2 for 1s at this point, but they're not. They only drew 32k to last night's game and are averaging less than 34k to their home games this year. They can't afford the kind of payout a BCS school would demand for a home and home type game. So unless they're going to do a 2 for 1, they're not likely to get a lot of big name opponents.

That isnt the only reason and comparing Boise to CSU is a joke. Yes, money is a part of it. Being scared to lose is another.

since thier stadium seats 33,500 averaging less than 34K is a given.

You actually think the big boys cant afford it? Lol I rest my case.

since thier stadium seats 33,500 averaging less than 34K is a given.

I didn't know what the capacity is, but that's a big part of the problem for OOC games. CU had to pay CSU $600k to play in Boulder. Schools with small stadiums can't afford to do that. Schools with big stadiums can do it no problem. Hell, Tennessee paid Wyoming something like $2 million to play UW's home game in Knoxville. So they effectively bought a 2 for 0 series.

You actually think the big boys cant afford it? Lol I rest my case.

They don't have to afford it. They like having home games instead of road games. Why travel when they can afford to pay teams to come to them?

Look at the schedules for the big teams around the country. They all play 7-8 home games a year. Why? Because they can and they make a lot of money doing it and their fans would rather watch home games than away games. Ohio State is paying the Buffs $1.4 million to go there for one game. If BSU averages $40 per ticket, that would be all of their ticket revenue for the game, before expenses.

They don't have to afford it. They like having home games instead of road games. Why travel when they can afford to pay teams to come to them?

Look at the schedules for the big teams around the country. They all play 7-8 home games a year. Why? Because they can and they make a lot of money doing it and their fans would rather watch home games than away games. Ohio State is paying the Buffs $1.4 million to go there for one game. If BSU averages $40 per ticket, that would be all of their ticket revenue for the game, before expenses.

Yes I get the money issue. Your issue with Boise is money? Boise is looking for a title and respect, money just happens to come with it. Ive already heard Nebraska declined, Im sure there are others.

Yes I get the money issue. Your issue with Boise is money? Boise is looking for a title and respect, money just happens to come with it. Ive already heard Nebraska declined, Im sure there are others.

Yeah, it makes a lot of sense for Nebraska to play Boise. Memorial seats 70k+ at premium prices and sells out for Midcentral Barber College. If Nebraska wants to go on the road they can demand more money than Boise makes off three games at home. This isn't charity. If Boise shows the money they get to be part of the club, they don't have the money so they don't get to be part of the club. That's called the business of college football.

My issue with Boise's OOC scheduling is that they seem to think they should get home and aways with all the BCS teams they want. Doesn't work that way when you factor in the money. They need to be giving teams 2 for 1s and be willing to travel if they really want to play a tough OOC schedule. Otherwise, it's all lip service for them to say "nobody wants to play us".

I'd also like to know more details other than 'so and so declined'. What did they decline? A home and away? If that's the case, I don't blame them.

They like having home games against teams they know they will beat, be honest about the **** if u wanna argue.

No it isnt, it's called pussy. They dont belong, prove it. Itll make plenty of money either way, Nebraska always has scheduled bitches at home. Have the game at Arrowhead, it would sell out.

Why should these teams bend over backwards to accommodate Boise? I don't understand what you're getting at. Why would NU play at Arrowhead vs. Lincoln? I could see how they might be willing to do a Lincoln/Arrowhead 2 game series, but I don't see them going to Boise. But would an Arrowhead game really sell out? BSU didn't even sell out its home game last night, and they're a top 5 team.

Some do, sure. But let's not pretend all of them are like that.

If you wanna say money is the thing ok, which is right in a way. Boise will play anyone, anywhere. That is my issue. They could lose money and be happy about it. Why do u think I became a CU fan in west Texas? Simple, they would play anyone and didnt give a **** who it was. Money wasnt an issue because you are gonna get it when you play teams not named Western Kentucky.

Why should these teams bend over backwards to accommodate Boise? I don't understand what you're getting at. Why would NU play at Arrowhead vs. Lincoln? I could see how they might be willing to do a Lincoln/Arrowhead 2 game series, but I don't see them going to Boise. But would an Arrowhead game really sell out? BSU didn't even sell out its home game last night, and they're a top 5 team.

Again all you are talking about is money. Plenty of folks like you to go around.

If you wanna say money is the thing ok, which is right in a way. Boise will play anyone, anywhere. That is my issue.

Will they? It's awfully tough to make that claim when they played Va Tech, Wyo and Oregon St in non-conference. Not exactly an awe-inspiring schedule. It seems to me they are kind of trying, but they want to do it on their terms.

Last year they only played one BCS school in OOC play, which was Oregon. The same happened in 2008, and in 2007 Washington was the only one they played. They have a so-so OOC schedule and a pathetic conference schedule.

Again all you are talking about is money. Plenty of folks like you to go around.

Money is what makes the college football world go round. If you don't believe me, I can't help you.

What do you mean by 'plenty of folks like me', out of curiosity?

Money is what makes the college football world go round. If you don't believe me, I can't help you.

What do you mean by 'plenty of folks like me', out of curiosity?

I know how college football works and you are right, it does make it go around. It really only means, people like you with your outlook, is why there is never any change. You talk about profit, I talk about a team that could compete with anyone and wants to. Your big boys have history, money, etc... Far be it for them to schedule someone like Boise when they can kick around some crap team. This just in, they would make more money with Boise coming to town. Other than that I cant help you.

Oregon did a home and home with Boise. Washington hosted Boise on a one game deal, I believe. If those BCS teams can do it, why can't others?

Oregon did a home and home with Boise. Washington hosted Boise on a one game deal, I believe. If those BCS teams can do it, why can't others?

Yeah and I think Boise did pretty well in those games. Matter of fact didnt Oregon go to the Rose Bowl?

I know how college football works and you are right, it does make it go around. It really only means, people like you with your outlook, is why there is never any change. You talk about profit, I talk about a team that could compete with anyone and wants to. Your big boys have history, money, etc... Far be it for them to schedule someone like Boise when they can kick around some crap team. This just in, they would make more money with Boise coming to town. Other than that I cant help you.

I talk about how it is. You talk about how you wish it were.

Why would someone like NU make more money with Boise coming to town? They sell out no matter who comes.

I talk about how it is. You talk about how you wish it were.

Why would someone like NU make more money with Boise coming to town? They sell out no matter who comes.

Exactly, then why not schedule them unless they are pussy? I know how it is, its been ****ed up a long time.

Exactly, then why not schedule them unless they are pussy? I know how it is, its been ****ed up a long time.

Because BSU wants a home and home and Western Kentucky, Louisiana Tech and Florida Atlantic will all come to Lincoln for a one-off game. You don't have to like it, but that's how it is.

Because BSU wants a home and home and Western Kentucky, Louisiana Tech and Florida Atlantic will all come to Lincoln for a one-off game. You don't have to like it, but that's how it is.

I doubt they would have to have a home and home. Those other 3 you mentioned are easy wins and you are retarded if you dont believe that. Nebraska has done that crap for years and years. Hell Texas hardly leaves the state, its more than money. Is that not obvious to you?

Back