What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boise - VT

I want Boise to end up #1 at the end of the season. Break open this BCS crap and start a playoff system. If Boise St and the like can help chip away at the current system and help there be Div I CFB playoff I'm all for it.

Even if they do go undefeated they will get passed up by a 1 or 2 loss SEC or Big 10 team for the championship game, and play TCU for the third year in a row.

Yea I hear ya! No use even playing the rest of the season. May as well end it after tonight and play the National Championship game with BSU and the Horns. What's the point spread?

Hahhahahah... Pretty funny coming from a Husker. When was the last team kNU had a meaningful win?!? Ripping on Boise? Boise has shown they can beat good teams.

I'm just sayin after non BCS schools have gone 5-1 in BCS bowls, Boise beating Oregon and a few other BCS conference schools in the past few years, I would like to think they would get some respect but obviously not.

I'm sorry but nobody, and I mean nobody should get recognition playing the kind of schedule that Boise plays. One or two games a year against decent competion do not make a season. When you can spend your whole year getting ready for the couple of teams that can threaten you then you are not a legit program.

Boise doesn't even do like Fresno did when they were trying for recognition. Fresno played the best OOC they could schedule, Boise is playing VT and Oregon State but they are also playing Wyoming and Toledo in addition to the worst conference schedule in the country outside of the Sun Belt.

Let them play a schedule against a major conference and they end up with 3-5 losses minimum.

That all said VT looks like they hired Hawk as a consultant for this game, turnovers, procedure penalties, stupid special teams penalties, giving up gashers on long yardage. VT deserves to lose this game Boise deserves to win it.

That's what I don't get. What myth? Last year TCU and Boise got both got royally ****ed. They've paid their due.

They paid their due, what does that mean? You can't play a WAC schedule and expect to be given consideration for the national championship. It's that simple.

It's definitely not fair, I wish they had more chances to play quality BCS teams more than once or twice a season. TCU is in the same boat, they will consistently get screwed because their regular season is a cakewalk every year.

Hmm... I figure this well established, BCS school had just as much time to prepare for Boise as Boise for VT. I give credit to the blue so far. They look awesome. If I were a... oooooh... BCS school, I would be quaking in my boots at the prospect of playing this team.

Hate to say it MtnBuff but the Toledo game was not our best game last year.

Hawk just couldn't figure out how to handle all that Todedo talent. . . The mighty 5-7 Toledo team that opened this season with an impressive 2-41 loss.

Hmm... I figure this well established, BCS school had just as much time to prepare for Boise as Boise for VT. I give credit to the blue so far. They look awesome. If I were a... oooooh... BCS school, I would be quaking in my boots at the prospect of playing this team.

No ****. And they consistently beat the BCS schools they are presented with and hardly ever get them at home. You think Nebraska will go to Boise? Florida? Bama? CU?

I'm sorry but nobody, and I mean nobody should get recognition playing the kind of schedule that Boise plays. One or two games a year against decent competion do not make a season. When you can spend your whole year getting ready for the couple of teams that can threaten you then you are not a legit program.

Boise doesn't even do like Fresno did when they were trying for recognition. Fresno played the best OOC they could schedule, Boise is playing VT and Oregon State but they are also playing Wyoming and Toledo in addition to the worst conference schedule in the country outside of the Sun Belt.

Let them play a schedule against a major conference and they end up with 3-5 losses minimum.

Bingo!

O by the way the score is 17-0 you fuscker douchebag.

Douchebag Mike: I see that! The beginning of the 2010 Media Lovefest for BSU. If they played in a better conferance with the schedule that comes with it they would be beat up some by the end of the year like many other teams are.

Give them credit though, they have the returning starters to get the job done. We'll see how they handle a team like a Texas.

Good luck in the 12-Pac!

If BSU goes undefeated this year, they deserve to get a shot IMHO. They have more than proven that they arent just a flash in the pan. It would probly be a more entertaining game than most NC games anyway, and settle this debate once and for all.

Last edited:
listening to these arguments, I have come to the conclusion that if a non-BCS team plays a BCS team, the BCS team should automatically be awarded the victory because they have a better conference. Sure would make betting easier.

thought he was in.

Actually nice call by that official

It will be interesting how Boise deals w/ the score.

Last edited:
We hired the wrong Coach from Boise....

Not trying to get anyone riled up, i don't know Boise's history real well, and i admit that i still think Hawk is going to get it done here, but doesn't
Hawk deserve some credit for getting Boise st going?

Not trying to get anyone riled up, i don't know Boise's history real well, and i admit that i still think Hawk is going to get it done here, but doesn't

Hawk didn't get it going. The coach before him, who went ariZona State, got it going.

Dan Hawkins pretty much did everything to build Boise into a powerhouse.:wink2:

Wasnt it Dirk Koetter that got BSU going? Thought Hawk was #2 in line.

listening to these arguments, I have come to the conclusion that if a non-BCS team plays a BCS team, the BCS team should automatically be awarded the victory because they have a better conference. Sure would make betting easier.

But non BCS teams should not be rewarded for playing a ****ty schedule. The regular season is all we have to judge college football, and a huge part of the judging is the strength of schedule. With the system we have, boise will always be screwed unless they join a major conference, which probably will not happen any time soon.

It would be pretty nice to have a FG kicker who I'd feel confident at 44 and 47 yards. Even on the 'left hashmark.'

Back