What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boise - VT

Boise in the current WAC is much like BYU in the old WAC: far and away the best team in the conference, and the rest of the conference is ****ing dog****. BYU's MNC was a ****ing joke when they won it and so will any chances Boise gets to play for it.

Since 2002, Boise is 7-7 against BCS schools... go back a few years before that and the record gets much worse. Oh and the argument about nobody wanting to pay them is partially false. Sure teams don't want to play them, because they stipulate three things (1) they receive a large payout for the games, (2) a home and home, and (3) that the games be scheduled within the first two weeks of the season. Essentially the BCS school has to pay them big money to pay twice, play them at their place where the BCS school will lose revenue, and play them before any injuries occur and where they can have an 8 month offseason to prepare... so the argument about no one playing them is BS. I'd love to see them try to run through an SEC schedule.
Its also bs to put them in the SEC when they have no where near those type of resources. Give them that, you have no idea what they could do. Anytime they play a big team it usually on the road as well. Also did Va Tech not have alot of time to prepare as well?

Its also bs to put them in the SEC when they have no where near those type of resources. Give them that, you have no idea what they could do. Anytime they play a big team it usually on the road as well. Also did Va Tech not have alot of time to prepare as well?

Fair enough, but say what you like, they can't compete in the SEC... they couldn't compete in most BCS conferences... the Big East probably being the exception. How should they have the right to play for the national championship if they have to play what will ultimately be a 3-4 loss VT team and a 3-4 loss Oregon St. team. If Arkansas or CU could play two mid tier BCS teams and a WAC schedule to get to the BCS title game that'd be fantastic. I don't doubt that Boise can step up once or twice a season, play a great game, and win. A championship isn't won once or twice a season, it's won by playing the best week in and week out and proving it over the course of a year on the field... that's why the SEC has been so dominant. But sadly ESPN's pimping of Boise is going to leave a one loss team from a major conference (probably an SEC team that has proven far more) out in the cold when it comes to the national title picture.

The idea that a school like BSU would ever end up in the SEC is just ridiculous to even comment on.

BSU's geographic location pretty much eliminates it from all but ONE BCS conference, and that BCS conference is the one CU is getting ready to join.

BSU operates on 1/3 the budget of most BCS schools and certainly gets a nice bang for the buck. I do wonder what they would do if they had a sudden $10+ million cash infusion which would come from a BCS conference invitation.

The idea that a school like BSU would ever end up in the SEC is just ridiculous to even comment on.

BSU's geographic location pretty much eliminates it from all but ONE BCS conference, and that BCS conference is the one CU is getting ready to join.

BSU operates on 1/3 the budget of most BCS schools and certainly gets a nice bang for the buck. I do wonder what they would do if they had a sudden $10+ million cash infusion which would come from a BCS conference invitation.

BSU and TCU will be the next members of the Big 12. Geographic location doesn't mean squat!

BSU and TCU will be the next members of the Big 12. Geographic location doesn't mean squat!

1,700+ miles to travel means a lot more than "squat"! That's one hell of a flight!

I am doubtful that the Big 12 will exist in any form in five years. Texas wants to go independent. The "also ran" schools are going to demand a bigger piece of the pie (some already are, i.e. Texas Tech) and the fact that the conference grows more and more Texas oriented is going to drive a big wedge between what's left there.

Won't be members of the Texas 10 because they don't add anything. Texas 10 already has the Texas TV market covered and no one gives a crap about the Idaho TV market. Adding these two teams would simply dilute existing Texas 10 members TV income. TCU might have a shot if it becomes political in the state of Texas.

Look, I do not dislike boise. But like them or not, there is NO legitimate argument that they can prove that they belong in the national championship game on the field this year. Or any year. Until they are in a conference that is not 90% patsies. The argument that nobody will schedule them or that they will not be let into the big conferences means absolutely nothing to the core issue, which is that they can't prove it on the field. It is too bad, but until there is a playoff, these teams should be nowhere near the mythical national championship game.

1,700+ miles to travel means a lot more than "squat"! That's one hell of a flight!

I am doubtful that the Big 12 will exist in any form in five years. Texas wants to go independent. The "also ran" schools are going to demand a bigger piece of the pie (some already are, i.e. Texas Tech) and the fact that the conference grows more and more Texas oriented is going to drive a big wedge between what's left there.

tend to agree. UT, indy with a TV network no one outside Texas watches. OU and ATM will be in the SEC. don't see the TCU/Boise expansion. TCU, maybe. big losers: KU, MU, OSU. Baylor and Tech are happy enough to be in some all-Texas fellatio conference.

tend to agree. UT, indy with a TV network no one outside Texas watches. OU and ATM will be in the SEC. don't see the TCU/Boise expansion. TCU, maybe. big losers: KU, MU, OSU. Baylor and Tech are happy enough to be in some all-Texas fellatio conference.

I could see a Texas conference with Tech, Baylor, SMU, Houston, TCU, Rice, UTEP and perhaps some of the Big 12 or WAC teams thrown in

How many miles is it from Miami to Boston? Or Lincoln to Happy Valley? Or Little Rock to Gainsville? I dont know the answers just curious. I agree about the Texas thing though and the future of the Big 12.

How many miles is it from Miami to Boston? Or Lincoln to Happy Valley? Or Little Rock to Gainsville? I dont know the answers just curious. I agree about the Texas thing though and the future of the Big 12.

Fayetteville to Gainesville... and it's a damned long way.

I could see a Texas conference with Tech, Baylor, SMU, Houston, TCU, Rice, UTEP and perhaps some of the Big 12 or WAC teams thrown in

kind of a wild card, but as a Vandy former student, i keep hearing a Vandy, Tulane, SMU, Rice, Baylor, sort of "southern Ivy" thing. i don't see it, but some peeps see an ACC breakup since it's really a hoops league in a football rev world....then you get Duke and Wake, maybe.

The problem for Boise is that college football at its core is the entertainment business. It is all about how much money do you bring to the table. Boise has a 33K seat stadium that until recently they didn't fill and that they fill now at a lower average ticket price than you find in the cheap seats at some stadiums twice the size or more. Give Boise 2-3 loses and how many TV viewers give enough of a care to turn the TV on to watch them. If they had the revenue generating capacity they would already be in a BCS conference instead of moving from the WAC (Weakling Athletic Conference) to the MWC (Mountain Weakling Conference.)

Boise gets to play a schedule that doesn't require that they put out a full effort every week or even close to it. Most of their games the starters are on the bench by midway through the third quarter, this means that they are able to cut way down on the wear and tear on players and develop their younger players. Let them play a major conference schedule, lose a couple of games, get some key players beat up physically, have to game plan every week and show what they have just to get to the postseason position they want. It's a whole different world.

Boise would be better off trying to rally other small-market teams into a playoff format. Teams that are annually competitive (BYU, TCU, etc) but really have no shot at being in the national championship picture because of all the complaints voiced in this thread. Rather than waiting for a conference invitation from one of the BCS conferences, they should be out pumping a playoff format, and rallying their similarly situated colleges to join in the battle.

And- for the record -- the distance from Arkansas to Florida is less than 1000 miles. The distance from Austin Texas to Ames, Iowa is also less than 1000 miles.

Boise would be better off trying to rally other small-market teams into a playoff format. Teams that are annually competitive (BYU, TCU, etc) but really have no shot at being in the national championship picture because of all the complaints voiced in this thread. Rather than waiting for a conference invitation from one of the BCS conferences, they should be out pumping a playoff format, and rallying their similarly situated colleges to join in the battle.

And- for the record -- the distance from Arkansas to Florida is less than 1000 miles. The distance from Austin Texas to Ames, Iowa is also less than 1000 miles.

What about Boston to Miami?

Back