What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boulder Buff's helpful tip of the week

2 weeks ago Zim was a local hero for calling out DH, today cheap shots at him. We all know he's a total Buff and, in the words of BC: has a Black and Gold Heart. We also know he's getting older and his speech has suffered. I hope that those who enjoy cutting on him, have the same problems down the road. Remember, you either get old or you die.

Go Buffs

2 weeks ago Zim was a local hero for calling out DH, today cheap shots at him. We all know he's a total Buff and, in the words of BC: has a Black and Gold Heart. We also know he's getting older and his speech has suffered. I hope that those who enjoy cutting on him, have the same problems down the road. Remember, you either get old or you die.

Go Buffs
:lol: what. Chill man.

Love his passion but damn, he's so ****ing LOUD. Every play sounds like the game winner and that ****ing 'TOUCHDOWN!, TOUCHDOWN COLORADO!! is like taking a cheese grater to your mud flap.

I used to really enjoy Mark Johnson... but he's become a bit too much for me lately. They've gotten to the point where there is a ton of chatter about stuff unrelated to football. Additionally - they do an awful job telling the time, score, current line of scrimmage, and yards gained (a bit better on the last one). I was yelling at my radio this weekend cause I didn't know what was happening 1/2 the time.

Mark Johnson extremely long marginal play descriptions. "Trips right, boundary to the left ball at hash mark, hand off to speedy, running behind Miller, nifty move evading one would be tackler, nice spin move, tackled by so and so and assisted by his mother and two sisters, blah blah blah." At this point it pretty much sounds like Stewart broke off at least a 10 yard run (as Mark is talking endlessly so the ball carrier must be continuing to move, right?). Meanwhile he chimes in at the end with "1 yard gain". Mother****ing ***t! That whole description for a 1 yard gain. I was just about sure we got a first down on that play.

is how that one goes....but agree completely. at some point in MJ's education as a play-play guy he must have been instructed that any amount of silence, no matter how slight, was verboten (or wasted ad time). the guy just talks in circles a lot of the time.

a lot of talk about Speedy being shifty and breaking a tackle, Johnson's voice goes up in volume, and then it's 2nd and 7 and you're thinking we almost scored.

i used to listen to a lot of sports with my late granddad on the radio and i appreciate that as a medium in some ways....down and distance is BY FAR the most important thing in football radio. MJ and Zim like to keep it a secret a lot of the time. I don't get that.

Last edited:
also, for hoops:

"right between the eyes!"

drink!

though, MJ was a welcome addition to CU hoops....years of Zimmer doing play and the analyst being Jim Conrad, Jay Leuwenberg (sp, i know) was too much. they were dreadful. CJ is a great, legendary Buff and all that....but wasn't all that great either. I love Larry but this kind of thing was too much and too often (game is just moving too fast):

"shot by Morandais off the heel of the rim no good.....pause.....raucous crowd noise....and a layup at the other end by the Cyclones".

Last edited:
Funny stuff, all.

Sometimes, MJ seems like parody of an overly sincere sportscaster -- the sort of thing you'd see on SNL.....

Still, when the games aren't televised, I'm glad KOA is streamed on the internet.

I miss Zim on the calls. He would talk endlessly about nothing, buffs break the huddle, mumble mumble mumble and then scream about a complete pass 40 yards down field, the entire time failing to even tell you what the formation was, or that the ball was even snapped.

Mark Johnson's association with BCS really makes me hate that bastard.

Back