What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowl projections

I agree sc is a better team, we CU earned the right to play in the Rose bowl.

Does margin of victory in the championship game matter? Should've played a hell of a lot better.

I won't complain either way. Go Buffs!

And look what they did to Washington.

The only reason our game with USC was that close is their four turnovers. They could have scored again at the end of the game and elected to run out the clock. They put up over 500 yards of offense on us. That 21-17 score could have easily been 45-17. USC is a much better team than CU. it's ok to admit that.

Remove the word "much" and I would agree with you...

USC is better, but not more deserving. Even being better is arguable based on head to head. They won by 4 at their house against our backup QB.
The comparative results against Washington will have more to do with why USC will be ahead of us than our head to head matchup IMO, though losing to them doesn't help either.

The only reason our game with USC was that close is their four turnovers. They could have scored again at the end of the game and elected to run out the clock. They put up over 500 yards of offense on us. That 21-17 score could have easily been 45-17. USC is a much better team than CU. it's ok to admit that.

A "much better" team blows us out, especially when we have our backup in. USC did not. I don't really care what they did in other games. We won the division, won more games overall and beat 2 teams they beat. It's their fault if their coach chose to keep their best QB on the bench. USC isn't a much better team than us when you're looking at the whole season.

It's a shame that there wasn't an upset..... either CU or Va Tech.... we would have been able to settle all of these arguments!!

Anyway..... I hear that it is Alamo bound for us!
San Antonio is in the middle of one of our major recruiting bases. This will also give our incoming Texas recruits to, maybe, be around the team and our current Texas guys to have family attend. So there.

Last edited:
Yeah I still don't know how you guys can just say "USC deserves it."

They looked like dog **** for 3 games. Colorado has a better conference record, better record against common opponents, beat ASU when ranked, beat WSU when ranked. Beat ranked Utah and (now ranked) Stanford. Strength of schedule and strength of record are almost a wash they're a couple of places apart. Offense and defense stats are good for both teams. USC lost to Utah, Stanford and Alabama. Colorado lost to Washington, Michigan and USC with a backup in EVERY SINGLE GAME. They've shown time and again they are favorable towards injuries if your team still looks good, washington clearly we didn't. So colorado was 4-3 (2 to top 5 teams) and USC 2-3 against the top 25. We finished the season ranked ahead of them and shouldn't be penalized for being more successful than them. I just don't know what you guys see that would make you content with them picking USC. They ended the season playing good football but outside of Washington they looked like ass all year. They were playing nobodies by that point, they lost to almost everyone good they've played. They beat our backup QB BARELY, AT HOME!

But it wasn't. What happened happened. The result is what matters and the result was that SC needed a comeback in the 4th quarter at home to beat a Colorado team without it's starting QB.

USC doesn't deserve the Rose Bowl more than Colorado. The Rose Bowl takes the PAC 12 conference champion. Because UW goes to the playoffs, the team with the second best conference record should go.

Turnovers is what we do. Now they somehow don't count?

They were probably playing much better than us at the end of the season, but that doesn't make them a much better team. The season started in September. Not when Helton came to his senses and started the best QB he had.

...sidebar comment...what is your avatar gonna be after today jensie? :whistle::whistle:

Oh and if you're going to penalize CU for playing an extra game and losing ugly. You can't excuse USC losing by FIFTY!!!!

I think we lost some benefit of the doubt for losing games without Sefo after that performance against Washington.

Maybe I'm biased, we'll probably extremely biased. My neighbors woke me up at 2AM on Thursday and I couldn't fall asleep again. I slept maybe 2 hours that night and came
Home Friday and wanted to nap and couldn't. I fell asleep at halftime, I was out cold. I never saw that second half, haven't seen lowlights, replays or read the box score. But it can't be worse than how USC looked against Alabama and if you can ignore that game, you can ignore this one. Either way, from what I know it was evident sefo shouldn't have gone back in.

Maybe I'm biased, we'll probably extremely biased. My neighbors woke me up at 2AM on Thursday and I couldn't fall asleep again. I slept maybe 2 hours that night and came
Home Friday and wanted to nap and couldn't. I fell asleep at halftime, I was out cold. I never saw that second half, haven't seen lowlights, replays or read the box score. But it can't be worse than how USC looked against Alabama and if you can ignore that game, you can ignore this one. Either way, from what I know it was evident sefo shouldn't have gone back in.
You will find some that agree with you, but this is completely false.

When they happen is a factor. Why do you think the sec schedules Chattanooga in week 11 and not another game against a conference foe?

You can't ignore any result. But I've seen lots of people arguing that our first 2 loses came when Sefo didn't play or finish the game - that's a much shallower argument today after the Washington loss.

When they happen is a factor. Why do you think the sec schedules Chattanooga in week 11 and not another game against a conference foe?

I agree. But do you think if roles were reversed (and we beat them) and USC was 10-2 and playing in the championship game and lost how we did that anyone would be debating their position? There wouldn't be a SINGLE person on earth who would be debating on if colorado was more deserving.

Because CU deserves to be in the Rose Bowl. On it's own, there is nothing wrong with the Alamo, but if CU gets knocked behind of USC because they played an extra CHAMPIONSHIP game, then that is bull****, plain and simple. Buffs ended regular season ahead of USC and USC sitting at home doing nothing should never move them ahead of a team that went and played an extra game against the 4th ranked team in the country.

This. Get rid of the damn Championship games if it works like this. We were ahead of USC in the standings, won the South, and now we're going to be penalized by winning our division? BS.

If I was Ped St., I'd be livid as hell if they win the conference and then see a team that sat at home on Championship Saurday go to the playoffs ahead of them. 8 teams minimum or it's a popularity contest.

I agree. But do you think if roles were reversed (and we beat them) and USC was 10-2 and playing in the championship game and lost how we did that anyone would be debating their position? There wouldn't be a SINGLE person on earth who would be debating on if colorado was more deserving.

Mebbe. If we had their roster. (no offense to any buffs out there, i love you)

If someone told us Alamo Bowl at the beginning of the season we would all take it in a second. What stings is coming so close to the Rose bowl (or more) and losing it. It's nice to have expectations again.

Especially when you see that Cal has been waiting since the 50s and Arizona has never been there. Need to seize the opportunity when it's there.

It didn't matter when CU beat Nebraska and was ranked behind them...we were pissed about it than, can't accept it now.

All I know is you can't play like that in a championship game. Play better and I think nowadays you will get respect. I think the west is more laid back and a lot of southern and east coast blowhards run the narrative. How you change that I have no control over.

Last edited:
Mizzou got ****ed for losing the B12 CCG when Kansas went to the Orange Bowl under Mangino, too, and I felt it was BS back then also. And Mizzou had the h2h win.

Back