What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bradleeeeeee

That happened way before BVP was in fort collins... I think that was either 1998 or 1999, Van Pelt didn't play against CU until 2001 at least, and didn't start until 2002.

That's right. The tear gas happened because CSU beat CU for the first time in 12 years. And while I certainly don't condone the behavior of the CSU fans at that game that precipitated the tear gas, if you look at it objectively, you'll see that it was a monstrous overreaction by the DPD. DPD was not prepared for a group of 20,000 raucus, drunken college students. All it knew was raucus, drunken Bronco and Avs fans rioting in the streets. Had they simply gone in and arrested a couple of the troublemakers, the whole thing would have settled down in about one minute.

That happened way before BVP was in fort collins... I think that was either 1998 or 1999, Van Pelt didn't play against CU until 2001 at least, and didn't start until 2002.

The 'rivalry' really escalated once the game moved off campus. I'd rather the AD schedule games alternating between AFA and CSU. The only reason investco makes sense is for the $$$. How much of CSU's athletic budget comes from the RMS anyway?

You guys miss the point. It's not a rivalry anymore. It hasn't been since van mullett left. And I don't just mean when van mullett left CSU. I mean when he left Colorado. Remember him on the sidelines at the KSU game? What a geek. You can't reproduce that kind of idocy.

It's a rivalry to me.

Too much bad-blood b/w myself and CSU family and friends.... As a Colorado native I find love beating up on the Rams.

You may disagree, and that is your opinions, but it will always be a rivalry in my book.

That's right. The tear gas happened because CSU beat CU for the first time in 12 years. And while I certainly don't condone the behavior of the CSU fans at that game that precipitated the tear gas, if you look at it objectively, you'll see that it was a monstrous overreaction by the DPD. DPD was not prepared for a group of 20,000 raucus, drunken college students. All it knew was raucus, drunken Bronco and Avs fans rioting in the streets. Had they simply gone in and arrested a couple of the troublemakers, the whole thing would have settled down in about one minute.
Was that the year Joey Porter got shot in the butt after the game? I think you're talking about is '01, right? Bloom returned a punt for a TD ... the girl ESPN play-by-play kept calling Craig Ochs "Phil" Ochs, apparently confusing him with the 60s hippie singer-songwriter :lol:

Actually I think Porter got shot a year later in '02. Didn't Hackett have a long TD catch on the sideine at Invesco in Klatt's first start .... ???

Was that the year Joey Porter got shot in the butt after the game? I think you're talking about is '01, right? Bloom returned a punt for a TD ... the girl ESPN play-by-play kept calling Craig Ochs "Phil" Ochs, apparently confusing him with the 60s hippie singer-songwriter :lol:

Actually I think Porter got shot a year later in '02. Didn't Hackett have a long TD catch on the sideine at Invesco in Klatt's first start .... ???

Oy, you are all over the place...

I don't remember when Porter got shot, but we beat the dog snot out of CSU in 2001. Something like 42-14. The year of the tear gas was in 1999. The Bloom TD punt return would have been in 2002. It was Bloom who caught the long pass from Klatt in 2003 on the sideline to beat the Ewes. Bloom was recruited in 2001, but waited a year so he could concentrate on skiing in the 2002 Winter Olympics in SLC.

You guys miss the point. It's not a rivalry anymore. It hasn't been since van mullett left. And I don't just mean when van mullett left CSU. I mean when he left Colorado. Remember him on the sidelines at the KSU game? What a geek. You can't reproduce that kind of idocy.

True, and remember van Mullet badmouthed Shannahan and the Broncos when they cut him. Something to the effect of "it'll be that much sweeter when I come in here as the opposing QB and beat this team." Uhhhh, still waiting on that Brad.

True, and remember van Mullet badmouthed Shannahan and the Broncos when they cut him. Something to the effect of "it'll be that much sweeter when I come in here as the opposing QB and beat this team." Uhhhh, still waiting on that Brad.

Yeah, but if Shanny ever wants to go to Santa Barbara and play Division II Pub League soccer, Muttlee is going to bring the pain. Oh yes he will. And it will taste sweet to him... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Whoa now, did you go to the games in 04, 05, 06, and 07??? Sweet Maria, those 4 games were probably the best, most lively, and most entertaining contests (with the exception of 06) in the history of the series. You make it sound like everyone got apathetic about the series once BVP left... that's just not the case.

That said, I'm absolutely of the belief that while the rivalry is still alive and well right at this moment in time, it's about to die. Unless their new coach pulls a small miracle (which I believe he is capable of, but miracles are never likely) this series is about to get very one sided very quickly. Still, the collective chip on Fort Collins' shoulder will always leave them capable of pulling a Buster Douglas with CU... that's why the game is so fun for the Lammies, and so nerve wracking for Buffalo folk. Personally, I enjoy that frightening aspect of the game, I don't want to see it go anywhere regardless of how irrelevant CSU may become.

Whoa now, did you go to the games in 04, 05, 06, and 07??? Sweet Maria, those 4 games were probably the best, most lively, and most entertaining contests (with the exception of 06) in the history of the series. You make it sound like everyone got apathetic about the series once BVP left... that's just not the case.

That said, I'm absolutely of the belief that while the rivalry is still alive and well right at this moment in time, it's about to die. Unless their new coach pulls a small miracle (which I believe he is capable of, but miracles are never likely) this series is about to get very one sided very quickly. Still, the collective chip on Fort Collins' shoulder will always leave them capable of pulling a Buster Douglas with CU... that's why the game is so fun for the Lammies, and so nerve wracking for Buffalo folk. Personally, I enjoy that frightening aspect of the game, I don't want to see it go anywhere regardless of how irrelevant CSU may become.

van mullet didn't leave town until last year. Last year was the best shot CSU had of beating CU for the forseeable future. True, they might pull a collossal upset, but it's less and less likely every year. I don't see CSU winning again for at least 4 years, probably longer if the recruiting for both teams continues on it's current track. The only way CSU beats CU is if Hawk brain farts the game away by going for it on 4th down from his own 15 yard line a bunch of times.

van mullet didn't leave town until last year. Last year was the best shot CSU had of beating CU for the forseeable future. True, they might pull a collossal upset, but it's less and less likely every year. I don't see CSU winning again for at least 4 years, probably longer if the recruiting for both teams continues on it's current track. The only way CSU beats CU is if Hawk brain farts the game away by going for it on 4th down from his own 15 yard line a bunch of times.

Agreed. I think it will be another 12 years before the ewes beat CU. 1999 was the 1st time in 12 yrs, from the Mac era to the New-weasel era that the lammies won a game. I see similarities, in the way DH is recruiting and the program is heading, to those times, thus it will be a long time before the little sister beats up in big-brother again no matter how bad they want it.

Last edited:
It really doesn't matter and this topioc has been argued on and on for years.

Bottom line - if someone has an attitude pointed at you you must put them down. Not using the word rivalry, but CSU's attitude must be put down by many beatings. Until these are frequent beatings by large margins that attitude will continue.

BVP was an :asshole: but you are right he did heat up the rivalry. I remember one year the commentators saying he needed to be tackeld by his mullet. Man, we couldnt stop laughing. :lol:

Anyhow, I'm still glad the lammies have gone back to their merely mediocre ways. A few good years and their fans thought they were the next Notre Dame. But alas, they were just delusional, so in that respect they did emulate Notre Dame.
I think they won the same amount of games as Notre Dame last year. Maybe their fans were on to something.

This talk of BVP sickens me. The spike to Wheatley's face is unsportsman like.
The Buff's response to that ugly episode was a perfectly sportsmanship forearm provided by Lawrence Vickers on the CSU secondary as he plowed upright into the endzone. That TD put closure to this rivalry for me. The stakes have been pretty low for both programs during the Hawken's tenure. This topic should be shelved until one or both teams come into the game ranked.

This talk of BVP sickens me. The spike to Wheatley's face is unsportsman like.
The Buff's response to that ugly episode was a perfectly sportsmanship forearm provided by Lawrence Vickers on the CSU secondary as he plowed upright into the endzone. That TD put closure to this rivalry for me. The stakes have been pretty low for both programs during the Hawken's tenure. This topic should be shelved until one or both teams come into the game ranked.

It was Rod Sneed, not TWheat. TWheat would have ran BVP down easily before he hit the endzone. At least Sneed put mullet boy on his back pocket...:thumbsup:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

You idots are not paying attention.

This game is boring without the mullett running his mouth. Either as a participant in the game or as some kind of dorky "celebrity" commentator. Now we just go beat the hell out of the sheep and call it a day. No "that's the worst 10th ranked team I've ever seen". No skulking into the lockerroom after getting his ass beat. No brilliant interviews with washed up, useless, talent-less former fusker sportscasters.

The mullett is missed.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

This game is boring without the mullett running his mouth. Either as a participant in the game or as some kind of dorky "celebrity" commentator. Now we just go beat the hell out of the sheep and call it a day. No "that's the worst 10th ranked team I've ever seen". No skulking into the lockerroom after getting his ass beat. No brilliant interviews with washed up, useless, talent-less former fusker sportscasters.

The mullett is missed.

There's a difference between paying attention and agreeing.
If CSU isn't providing enough drama, then schedule someone else.

To me, the answer isn't a reincarnation of BVP.
Option 1) Kick out KSU or ISU from the B12 North. Replace w/ CSU. This gives CSU BCS money and puts a geographical rivalry in place. This could also bring a B12 CCG to Denver. Then we can have more flexibility in our OOC scheduling.

2) Rotate AFA, CSU and WYO as part of the OCC. This rotation allows CU fans an opportunity to have a simple weekend roadtrip to regional campuses. I'd LOVE to see CU play in the Springs someday, and this artificial rivalry gets in the way of that ever happening.

BTW - Forget BVP and the lamb he rode in on. That's yesterday's news.

The rivalry between CU and CSU goes beyond just football, it's fun there's tons of trash talk and ribbing between people all over the state during the game. With Wyoming and Air Force not so much. I think a lot of people are looking at this game too mechanically and ignore why college athletics exists in the first place.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

The mullett is missed.

One thing to remember before you going out and calling everyone idots. For you, I, and others who were at CU before the late 90's it is nothing but an annoyance (without any type of sideshow creating drama). For those who were actually at school during the late 90's and into this decade it is a rivalry - they know nothing but competitive games.

It's just a perspective. You can't do anything about that.

The rivalry between CU and CSU goes beyond just football, it's fun there's tons of trash talk and ribbing between people all over the state during the game. With Wyoming and Air Force not so much. I think a lot of people are looking at this game too mechanically and ignore why college athletics exists in the first place.

College athletics belong on college campuses. This 'rivalry' is more about TV revenue than anything else. I bet that an AFA 'rivalry' could be fabricated with the springs if enough TV people wanted to wag the dog.

College athletics belong on college campuses. This 'rivalry' is more about TV revenue than anything else. I bet that an AFA 'rivalry' could be fabricated with the springs if enough TV people wanted to wag the dog.
I think that first part is a separate argument about where the game should be played.

I know barely anyone who went to air force and no one that went to Wyoming, but I know a ton of people who went to CSU (I imagine most people are the same). I don't think you can fabricate the new rivalries to overcome human relationships around the state. Maybe if Air Force joined the Big12 you could, but I don't think anything outside of a monolithic expenditure of money could fabricate a better regional rivalry (I guess that's a tepid agreement on your second part).

One thing to remember before you going out and calling everyone idots. For you, I, and others who were at CU before the late 90's it is nothing but an annoyance (without any type of sideshow creating drama). For those who were actually at school during the late 90's and into this decade it is a rivalry - they know nothing but competitive games.

It's just a perspective. You can't do anything about that.

Here's the reason I called everybody a bunch of idots: I made the point that the game isn't the same without van mullett. I never really hated CSU before then, and I don't hate them now. When he was around, I generated a pretty healthy dislike for them. What happened is that we started getting into where the game should be played, whether CSU should be on the schedule at all, etc. All those things are not part of the point, which is that I miss Bradleeeeeeeeee and his penchant for retardedness. It made the series interesting, something it isn't anymore.

A ****ing 4-page thread about this no-talent assclown? FOR SHAME!

He was a ****tard, pure & simple, who offered nothing redeeming in anything he's ever done or will do in life.

He was a ****tard, pure & simple, who offered nothing redeeming in anything he's ever done or will do in life.

You're just saying that because you let him get under your skin. He is a ****tard, but he offered outrageously moronic comments that got a lot of us pretty riled up. Face it, the game itself won't produce that kind of drama for a long time, maybe ever.

You're just saying that because you let him get under your skin. He is a ****tard, but he offered outrageously moronic comments that got a lot of us pretty riled up. Face it, the game itself won't produce that kind of drama for a long time, maybe ever.

As big a douche as Bradlee was, I hated sunny worse. I hated sunny because he was an asshole, but he wasnt man enough to fess up to it. That 'aw shucks' bull**** made me want to toss my skoal can at his head.

Back