1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The admins are aware of site instability throughout the day today. We have our crack technical staff checking it out, but it is probably the Russians. If you are having any specific issues, please post them to the Customer Service Support Forums and we will get to them in the next 24 to 48 weeks. Thank You

Breakfast jambalaya?

Discussion in 'CU Gameday Fan Network' started by sackman, Oct 16, 2014.

?

Breakfast jambalaya?

Poll closed Oct 18, 2014.
  1. Yes! Bacon and chorizo is yummy, regardless of what else is thrown in there.

62.5%
  2. No! That sounds gross. Keep my jambalaya the same.

25.0%
  3. Love the pole.

12.5%
  1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

It was suggested in another thread that the jambalaya for the UCLA game should include bacon. Obviously, bacon makes everything taste better. Here's the thing, my thought is to replace the chicken with Chorizo and bacon (probably keep some spicy sausage in there, too). I'm not entirely sure what that will taste like. I'm willing to give it a try, but I would like to get some feedback from the masses before I commit to purchasing the necessary ingredients. The base will remain the same, so rice, tomatoes, green peppers, onions, garlic are all still going to be in the pot. This is just an idea to shake things up a little.

Poll to come. I will comply with whatever the poll results indicate.

2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

3. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

I will be out of town, but it sounds like a winner.

4. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

I say you go for it. If it is awesome, you'll have a chance to make it again later in the season or go traditional. If it sucks (highly unlikely), you'll have another chance to make it right with the traditional recipe later in the season.

5. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo **** Waffle Club Member

I say do the 4 meat.

6. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Burrito's tag line - Mo' Meat, Mo' betta

7. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Well, Sam's has decided this week to not sell Chorizo, but I have a bunch of breakfast sausage and bacon that I can put in the pot. It will be interesting, but in the end, I think it'll be pretty good.