What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

"Bring Mac Back" Campaign- Any Students Here On Allbuffs Want To Spread The Word

Couldn't disagree more. The right coach will bring in the money. I like Mac, and wouldn't necessarily have a problem with his return, but if Calhoun or McElwain is a better option, we need to go in that direction. Choose the guy who will do the best job of winning games, not the one who will bring in the most money in the short term.

I guess I meant to say this AD couldnt survive if the faucet from the big donors was turned off.

I read his book "Sold Out." Ive used some of it in my situation with my son. Im not a Promise Keeper or all that religous but it's definitely worth reading. The man did bring us a title. What has Hawk done again? Im not for or against this move but Im certainly on the side of firing Hawk.

what about these instead?

FLYAWAYTees.jpg

Money talks and this program needs money more than the right coach.

Bull****!

Couldn't disagree more. The right coach will bring in the money. I like Mac, and wouldn't necessarily have a problem with his return, but if Calhoun or McElwain is a better option, we need to go in that direction. Choose the guy who will do the best job of winning games, not the one who will bring in the most money in the short term.

Correct!

I know we need money and the big donors want Mac back, but I think if we chose the best candidate, they could be convinced it was better than bringing an old coach in. Ultimately, winning cures all. Whichever coach we bring in needs to win and win fast. That's how you get the money.

Had a long post with the pros and cons of Mac but **** it. Now I'm just curious about the AZ hate? If you're too cheap to pay $5/month I get it, but his info is pretty solid. I know some people thought that his info was "slanted" in the past but does it really look that slanted now?

I would not, and I'll even go a step further by saying I hope your friend does not print these and reiterating what I posted above: I think it's a bad idea to put Mac in the position of being the bad guy.

I think Beltway may be right on this. If you put this out in the public too much, you will scare Mac off anyway. He will not do anything to undermine Hawkins while he is still employed. The only way he would do this is if he went and talked to Hawkins first and basically got his blessing. Once the administration decides to fire Hawkins, all bets are off and that is when I would expect Mac to pursue this if he wants it. That does not mean he has not discussed hypotheticals with AD strawmen though. Just my take.

Had a long post with the pros and cons of Mac but **** it. Now I'm just curious about the AZ hate? If you're too cheap to pay $5/month I get it, but his info is pretty solid. I know some people thought that his info was "slanted" in the past but does it really look that slanted now?

Nor Cal, I'm active on AZ's site and obviously don't have the venom toward him that some others do. He definitely puts out some good info. But, yes, some things are slanted to this day. I'm not making an accusation, either. Knowing that AZ doesn't like Hawkins and really wants Embree back on staff (he'd have amazing scoop if Embo and/or EB come back), it is very likely that he gets most of his scoop from people who share that agenda. Please don't believe everything you read. AZ has his fanboys and they get very annoying.

Would love to have MAC back but do a search and if a calhoun is better option "long term" or whoever, go that route. How long would Mac coach? 1-3 years?

I think Mac is stopping just short of openly campaigning for the job. The interview with Jizla last week, the reports of him on campus, talking with the players, etc. For being retired, he sure has been very visible lately, wouldn't you say?

I think Hawk has mailed it in. He doesn't give a sh*t what happens anymore, so anything that Mac does won't bother him. Hawk knows his days are numbered.

Would love to have MAC back but do a search and if a calhoun is better option "long term" or whoever, go that route. How long would Mac coach? 1-3 years?

Reports are a minimum of 5 and probably 7+. If accurate, thinking about his eventual replacement at this time is a non-issue.

Didn't he bump it up to $10 recently?

Here is an interesting youtube video of McCartney, from March of this year.

[video=youtube;RngtMp5PX7A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RngtMp5PX7A[/video]

The greatest fear I have with McCartney is age. He just turned 70 years old last month. If he were to be hired at CU, he would be 71 before the start of the 2011 football season. Joe Paterno is 82 years old. But the idea that McCartney might coach for 5 - 7 more years means he would be in his mid-to-late 70's before too long.

I have never heard of Coach McCartney having any health problems. Watching that video he still seems very "with it".

Here is an interesting youtube video of McCartney, from March of this year.

[video=youtube;RngtMp5PX7A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RngtMp5PX7A[/video]

The greatest fear I have with McCartney is age. He just turned 70 years old last month. If he were to be hired at CU, he would be 71 before the start of the 2011 football season. Joe Paterno is 82 years old. But the idea that McCartney might coach for 5 - 7 more years means he would be in his mid-to-late 70's before too long.

I have never heard of Coach McCartney having any health problems. Watching that video he still seems very "with it".

Is it just me.... or is he wearing the black and gold? yeah, baby!!

Nor Cal, I'm active on AZ's site and obviously don't have the venom toward him that some others do. He definitely puts out some good info. But, yes, some things are slanted to this day. I'm not making an accusation, either. Knowing that AZ doesn't like Hawkins and really wants Embree back on staff (he'd have amazing scoop if Embo and/or EB come back), it is very likely that he gets most of his scoop from people who share that agenda. Please don't believe everything you read. AZ has his fanboys and they get very annoying.

Yeah, and I get that. Talking to someone like Idle or Stl is like banging your head against a wall. But who doesn't dislike Hawkins at this point?

Back