What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

bsn BSN: WATCH: Mike MacIntyre’s Buffs “looked good” on first day of camp

RSSBot

News Junkie
BOULDER – Head coach Mike MacIntyre addressed the media on Saturday following the first practice of 2017 fall camp for the Colorado Bufalloes. Topics include the Buffs improvement from five years to now, excitement level, the defensive backs and more.

Chase Howell
Continue reading...

Main takeaways beyond coachspeak:

1. Newman and Moretti will definitely redshirt (recovering from last year's knee surgeries)
2. If someone's only going to play 15% of snaps and has a redshirt available, MM would rather redshirt the player (Ento? Huntley? Trego? Hamilton? Lee?)
3. Main components he thought of as his first 2 keys to a good defense are lockdown corners and a stout DL. 3rd thing he said was LBs who fly around and make a lot of tackles.

My takeaway:
We need a new orthopedic surgeon.
Did our surgeon do the procedures for Moretti and Newman?

I do remember that Lindsay's was botched and then it had to be cleaned up by CU's surgeon after he got here because he didn't have full range of motion out of his knee after recovery.

I do remember that Lindsay's was botched and then it had to be cleaned up by CU's surgeon after he got here because he didn't have full range of motion out of his knee after recovery.
I don't know who did either Phil or Jake's surgery but Jake is dealing with some of those issues. I noted that in the injury story I just posted. Cheers

I read somewhere Moretti's injury is an ankle this time. Unclear if that was a misprint or if it's a new thing.

MM said it's the same injury in the post-practice, which was both ankle and knee.
Ankle is related to nerve damage that occured as part of the knee repair or the original injury, I'm not clear which. CU Sports med did that surgery.

Not sure on Newman, but like Miller's, it should have been a minor deal. Assume it was also done here.

Ankle is related to nerve damage that occured as part of the knee repair or the original injury, I'm not clear which. CU Sports med did that surgery.

Not sure on Newman, but like Miller's, it should have been a minor deal. Assume it was also done here.
Damn. Hadn't heard that about Moretti's situation. Hope it's not a long term problem. Doesn't sound good.

Back