What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bubble Watch - Saturday 3/12

just gotta say, its damn fun following every game because they finally mean something to us. let's hope in the future, we know we're in at this point.

and if i'm a 5 seed and draw him at 12, in Chicago or some BS.....not thrilled.

This is where the committee needs to try and allow the top 3-4 seeds to play as close to home as possible, and do the right thing and not let allow a 6-seed or lower to play in one of their respective regional locations. Thing is, with the lack of regional sites in the Northeast this year someone like Georgetown, UConn or Syracuse will probably end up getting shipped out to Tucson or down to Tampa. Georgetown can't play in DC and they probably lost out on a shot at playing in Charlotte with their poor finish, and they're probably not even a top 4 or 5 seed anymore. Wisconsin looks to get screwed the most because there simply isn't room for them in Chicago, although with Purdue losing today and if Wiscy can knock off OSU tomorrow, they could steal that Chicago slot from Purdue.

An early guess at the regional sites will produce something like this: Chicago, Cleveland and Tulsa seem to be set with the 2 higher seeds they'll get. Meanwhile BYU is destined for Denver, SDSU for Tucson, Duke for Charlotte.

Chicago: Purdue and ND
Cleveland: Pitt and Ohio State
DC: Cuse/SJU/tar holes
Charlotte: Duke and Lousiville/tar holes/Kentucky
Tampa: Florida and who knows
Tulsa: gayhawks and Texas
Tucson: SDSU and who knows
Denver: BYU and who knows, maybe Wisconsin

47-46 Wazzu, 49 sec. UCLA hits long range three to end 7min drought

Overtime: 48-48

Last edited:
Then they might go KU to Denver. No way are they going to put the 2 best Big 12 teams in the same bracket.

But they wouldn't have to be in the bracket (region). Remember, they have that pod system now, so KU could be a 1-seed on one region while UT could be a 2 or 3 seed in another region, but they could both still end up in Tulsa.

the "pod" system is bull**** and network driven. back in the day every number one seed not named Duke or North Carolina would be playing in Ogden, Utah, in some freezing ass gym. the pod system was justified on post 9/11 travel concerns, and lookie woo! we still have it. In Bill Self's first year, KU had lost 5 of their last 11 games....but magic get to play in KC (always a KU or Norm Stewart privilege)....and then St. Louis.

the pod system is bull****.

Oh I agree the pod system is BS, like you said the gayhawks always seem to get protected by the committee. The biggest crock of **** about the rule which says you can't play on your home court is that you can play right down the road from your home court. It's a bunch of crap where some of these big-name teams can play an hour or 2 from their campus, in big cities where they have at least as many if not more fans than they have in their hometown.

They either need to drop the rule and let teams play on their home court, or strengthen the rule and make it so that teams can't play within 250 miles of their campus. (Or some long distance like that...)

UCLA escapes Pullman 58-54 in OT. Helps CU out immensely.

Alright I'm off to the game. Last game against the hated Corn, boys, let's get this

So it sounds like Alabama is probably in with their win today despite their poor non-conference showing. Georgia meanwhile is a quandary with their good RPI and SOS but only a 9-7 conference record in a bad SEC.

ESPN's current last 4 in and last 4 out:
Last 4 in are Michigan State, BC, VT, and Alabama. Last 4 out are Georgia, CU, Wazzu, and Baylor. But Digger just said he would swap us for VT. Yea Digger!!!

So it sounds like Alabama is probably in with their win today despite their poor non-conference showing. Georgia meanwhile is a quandary with their good RPI and SOS but only a 9-7 conference record in a bad SEC.

ESPN's current last 4 in and last 4 out:
Last 4 in are Michigan State, BC, VT, and Alabama. Last 4 out are Georgia, CU, Wazzu, and Baylor. But Digger just said he would swap us for VT. Yea Digger!!!

really Michigan State?

So what they lost to all the good teams they played

Agreed, that's what I was saying earlier in this thread I think it was. Their best win was against Wisconsin and they have a few decent wins, against Illinois, Washington, and Minnesota (twice).

Agreed, that's what I was saying earlier in this thread I think it was. Their best win was against Wisconsin and they have a few decent wins, against Illinois, Washington, and Minnesota (twice).
minnesota is terrible and msu has no business in the dance, other than creating better business for the tourney hosts.

Shared this observation in chat...

There are 9 teams in the NCAA with at least 3 wins over top 25 RPI teams and a winning record in those games. 5 of them are in the Big East. The other 4 are BYU, Florida, UCLA and CU....

I still don't trust Michigan State. Even though they will be a 14 loss team (unless they win the B10 tourney), they still beat Oakland, Washington, Illinois, and Wisconsin, all of which are tourney teams and the first win against Minnesota was when Nolen was still healthy and they were essentially a lock for the tourney. I'd be less dumbfounded if they managed to get in over CU than I would if VT found their way in.

Last edited:
If we do get in what are the chances that we end up having to play in the opening round in Dayton. Anyone know the critiria for who ends up playing there.

If we do get in what are the chances that we end up having to play in the opening round in Dayton. Anyone know the critiria for who ends up playing there.

If we get in, it will be by the skin of our teeth and we almost certainly will end up going to Dayton...we'll play one of the other last four teams...

The only reason we have a shot at the tourney is because every other team with the same approximate record as us is sucking eggs right now. I still think CU needs to win a minimum of two B12 tournament games to solidify a spot in the dance.

Back