What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bubble Watch - Saturday 3/12

I had a dream last night about the team. I had a dream I was some basketball ringer who just couldn't miss a shot. Well CU was down big at halftime and tired to con Relphorde into giving me a jersey by telling him I could help the team. I said give me a ball and I'll show you how good my outside shot is. Well I air-balled my first shot and badly missed my next two. Nedless to say they didn't need my help. It is funny how dreams mirror real life, you would think I could at least my myself a basketball stud in my dreams.

I had a dream last night about the team. I had a dream I was some basketball ringer who just couldn't miss a shot. Well CU was down big at halftime and tired to con Relphorde into giving me a jersey by telling him I could help the team. I said give me a ball and I'll show you how good my outside shot is. Well I air-balled my first shot and badly missed my next two. Nedless to say they didn't need my help. It is funny how dreams mirror real life, you would think I could at least my myself a basketball stud in my dreams.

Don't blame yourself. Sounds to me like that problem comes with the jersey.

Bubble Watch Games for Wednesday, March 2:

COLORADO @ iowa state (5:30 pm MT on ESPN3)
Clemson @ Duke (go Dukies)
Maryland @ Miami (go Canes)
Cincinnati @ Marquette (home loss hurts Marquette more and they're closer to the bubble)
Memphis @ East Carolina (ECU is an ok team and a win ends Memphis)
North Carolina @ Florida State (Tar Heels can put FSU back on the bubble)
Iowa @ Michigan State (go Hawkeyes... yeah, right)
Richmond @ St. Joseph's (go St. Joe's... yeah, right)
LSU @ Georgia (go Bayou Bengals... yeah, right)

Other Big 12 games:

Texas A&M @ Kansas (go Jayhawks, bring CU within 1 game of tying aTm)
Oklahoma @ Texas Tech (currently tied in B12 standings... game decides the 10 & 11 seeds in the conference tourney)

Games that impact CU's RPI:

Idaho State @ Montana State (go ISU)
Utah @ CSU (go CSU)
CS Bakersfield @ Boise State (go CSB)
New Mexico @ BYU (go NM)

LOL, i had a dream two nights ago that Baylor and Okie State (??) got chosen over CU on the bubble. I was sweating profusely ;)

Games went our way last night, it's a golden opportunity for the Buffs right now with Baylor, VT, Bama and others sliding. Let's not fall into the same trap that Baylor and Nebraska did by losing in Ames. Gotta get this Buffs, a loss would be absolutely devastating

Diante Garrett is a solid player for ISU, puts up points and really moves the ball around nicely. Jake Anderson is another good one for them, and both Scott Christopherson and Jamie Vanderbeken can get very hot from the bonusphere. We've got to prevent Christopherson and Vanderbeken from getting hot. The good news is ISU is terrible at rebounding - Buffs crash the boards with the determination they did against Texas and we will have a huge advantage there.

I just hope we can start quickly and take control (wouldn't that be refreshing on the road?) However, this might very well be a battle that goes down to the final 4 minutes. The Buffs should have all the confidence in the world right now, let's do this!!

ISU in Big12:
Nebraska: L 63-62
Kansas: L 84-79
Baylor: W 72-57
@ Oklahoma State:L 96-87 OT
@ Missouri: L 87-54
Texas Tech: L 92-83
Oklahoma: L 82-76 OT
@ Colorado: L 95-69
Kansas State: L 86-85
@ Kansas: L 89-66
@ Texas A&M L 71-66
Missouri: L 76-70
@ Texas: L 76-53
Nebraska: W 83-82 OT

Thats a lot of close games to good teams...

ISU in Big12:
Nebraska: L 63-62
Kansas: L 84-79
Baylor: W 72-57
@ Oklahoma State:L 96-87 OT
@ Missouri: L 87-54
Texas Tech: L 92-83
Oklahoma: L 82-76 OT
@ Colorado: L 95-69
Kansas State: L 86-85
@ Kansas: L 89-66
@ Texas A&M L 71-66
Missouri: L 76-70
@ Texas: L 76-53
Nebraska: W 83-82 OT

Thats a lot of close games to good teams...

I saw them on Dec. 30 completely manhandle Virginia in a tough environment on the road. They also came very, very close to beating KU in Ames and that KSU loss came on a Pullen basket with 1 second left

As expected, Michigan State is going to beat Iowa by around 20. Their matchup against Michigan on Saturday is going to put one team in bad shape, though.

Memphis lost at East Carolina. Maryland lost at Miami.

I'll leave it there. The tourney was there for the taking.

seniors got one last chance to feel good about their time here. Hope they seize it and walk out of hte keg happy,

Memphis lost at East Carolina. Maryland lost at Miami.

Minnesota lost at Northwestern.

Mississippi lost at Auburn.

Arkansas lost at home vs Miss State.

Southern Miss lost at home vs UAB (conf leader).

Marquette lost at home vs Cincinnati.

Clemson lost at Duke.

Now, I'm not saying that we're still in control of our own destiny or that we're anything but a longshot at best. But that's a lot of Bubble Watch games breaking in our favor tonight.

Even North Carolina winning at Florida State helps us. Not that FSU won't make the tourney, but some of the bubble teams in the ACC claim a win over FSU as their marquee victory. This weakens that.

I'm not confident by any stretch, but I think we may be back in the conversation if we beat Nebraska and some other games break our way Thursday-Sunday.

Clemson lost at Duke.

Now, I'm not saying that we're still in control of our own destiny or that we're anything but a longshot at best. But that's a lot of Bubble Watch games breaking in our favor tonight.

Even North Carolina winning at Florida State helps us. Not that FSU won't make the tourney, but some of the bubble teams in the ACC claim a win over FSU as their marquee victory. This weakens that.

I'm not confident by any stretch, but I think we may be back in the conversation if we beat Nebraska and some other games break our way Thursday-Sunday.

thats what I'm sayin
http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/58911-I-dont-think-its-over-yet

Clemson lost at Duke.

Does anyone want to play in this tournament? This is why expanding to 68 d-u-m.

Clemson lost at Duke.

You're right about that, just makes me more sick that we blew our chance tonight. The bubble this year is unbelievable, i have never seen losing on a scale like this. There are going to be 5-10 at-large teams in this tournament that have no business being there. The Buffs would probably get in if they won 2 in KC. That would mean winning back to back games away from home, however, which we seem incapable of doing. The scary thing about our road woes is that this is a senior-laden team -- if we could only go 2-6 this year, then it ain't gonna get better anytime soon.

Thursday bubble games:

Tennessee @ South Carolina (let's hope the cocks explode on the vols)
UCLA @ Washington (Bruins can help the Buffs here)

BUBBLE RESUME BREAKDOWN HEADING INTO SATURDAY'S GAMES:

COLORADO: 18-12 (7-8) - RPI: 79. Last 10: 4-6
Record against RPI Top 25: 3-2, Top 50: 5-6. Bad losses: Iowa State (132), Oklahoma (142), San Francisco (121).
Good wins: Texas (14), Kansas State twice: (19), Missouri (31), Colorado State (46), Oklahoma State (56).

BAYLOR: 18-11 (7-8) - RPI: 77 Last 10: 4-6
Record against RPI Top 25: 0-3, Top 50: 2-4. Bad Losses: Texas Tech (160), Oklahoma (142), Iowa State (132)
Good wins: Texas A&M twice (30), Oklahoma State (56)

NEBRASKA: 19-10 (7-8) - RPI: 72 Last 10: 5-5
Record against RPI Top 25: 1-5, Top 50: 3-6. Bad losses: Texas Tech (160), Davidson (158), Iowa State (132).
Good wins: Texas (14), Texas A&M (30), Missouri (31), Oklahoma State (56)

A few thoughts: These resumes are unbelievably close. This is a crazy year the committee will have to decide on. Right now, I honestly believe CU has the slightly strongest resume (yes, even after the ISU debacle). CU's wins are clearly strongest with 3 top 25 compared to Nebraska's 1 and Baylor's 0. Also, everyone constantly talks about CU's bad losses, but what about Baylor's and Nebraska's? I've heard ESPN say that Nebraska "doesn't really have any bad losses"? Uh what? Both the Corn and the Bears have losses slightly worse than CU's. It's going to be interesting - the winner of the game tomorrow most certainly has a case to make. I'll take heading into KC 19-12 (8-8) in a very strong conference, as we'd have given ourselves a chance. Also hope Texas gets their act together and beats Baylor in Waco. In most years we'd be entirely out of the conversation, but this is the way it is right now so the Buffs might as well take advantage of it. The publicity/recognition the NCAA tournament brings to schools is unbelievable - I'd argue much more so than low tier bowl games

if it were up to me, i take the winner of the CU-Nu game. but, really i think think the Big XII deserves 5. there are better teams than CU, NU, Baylor who will be left out.

Saturday - March 5th

nebraska @ COLORADO
Virginia Tech @ Clemson (loser's in some trouble)
Duquesne @ Richmond (Richmond needs to win)
Indiana @ Illinois (Illini need this and they'll get it)
Texas @ Baylor (Go Longhorns! {I just threw up in my mouth a little bit})
Georgia @ Alabama (Dawgs can end Bama)
Michigan State @ Michigan (loser's in bad shape)
Marquette @ Seton Hall (Hall's coming off a big win against St. John's - 2 in a row would help a lot)
East Carolina @ UAB (UAB should be out, but a loss to ECU would cinch it)
USC @ Washington (Washington must win this game)

Back