What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bubble Watch - Saturday 3/12

so as I am watching the game, I bet that the Big 12 (10) has the football championship in Dallas and the basketball championship in San Antonio. They like to give the Texas school an advantage.

Do we want Kansas to win since we've played them 3x, or do we want Texas to win because that's our biggest win?

Personally, I want Kansas to win so Texas does move the championship game a little further south...Lol Little 9

Texas looks awful, they keep taking really bad shots and just forcing things in general.

so as I am watching the game, I bet that the Big 12 (10) has the football championship in Dallas and the basketball championship in San Antonio. They like to give the Texas school an advantage.

They should move it out of KC, this is a bunch of crap. Holding the basketball tourney in KC so much pisses me off a helluva lot more than all those football CG's in the state of Texas. So what the KC stupidly built the Sprint Center despite not having an NBA or NHL team, that's their problem.

They just showed Lunardi's last 4 bye's and they are MSU, Illinois, Clemson, and St. Mary's. We're the first listed as the last 4 in, so he has us 1 spot short of avoiding Dayton. Clemson being ahead of us is probably the worst one. I'm looking for a big win on their season and it doesn't exist. And they absolutely handed that game to unc today. tar holes deserve no credit for that win. None.

Say we do get in, what are our chances of playing in Denver? That´d be quite ****ing epic.

They should move it out of KC, this is a bunch of crap. Holding the basketball tourney in KC so much pisses me off a helluva lot more than all those football CG's in the state of Texas. So what the KC stupidly built the Sprint Center despite not having an NBA or NHL team, that's their problem.

i think KC thought if they built the Sprint, they might have had a shot at the NBA franchise that is now the OKC Thunder. i don't know if it was realistic since OKC really supported the Hornets that one season (maybe two) and David Stern really liked the idea of relocating the Sonics there....but on MU's Tigerboard.com they thought they had a real shot.

i have mixed feelings about the KC tournament. on the one hand, people go and i hear it's a great time. and the Dallas ones have been sparsely attended and my sister lives in Dallas, Dallas sucks. on the other hand, the de facto KU/MU home-court is annoying and has been unfair for decades.

They just showed Lunardi's last 4 bye's and they are MSU, Illinois, Clemson, and St. Mary's. We're the first listed as the last 4 in, so he has us 1 spot short of avoiding Dayton. Clemson being ahead of us is probably the worst one. I'm looking for a big win on their season and it doesn't exist. And they absolutely handed that game to unc today. tar holes deserve no credit for that win. None.

Now they have his latest S-Curve up on the website, shows pretty much the same thing. We're right behind St. Mary's and Clemson, and I think that's probably a close enough call the committee could easily go the other way. The other teams in Dayton would be Penn St., Va Tech and U$C....

First 4 teams out are BC, Bama, Georgia and UAB. Hahvahd and Missouri State behind them. The good news is that all those teams are finished. If he's got it right, 4 teams would have to pass us to bump us all the way out, and 8 of the top 9 teams trailing us are done. Although Dayton and Boise St. could still screw things up by beating Richmond and Utah State, if those schools still got in as at-large teams...

i think KC thought if they built the Sprint, they might have had a shot at the NBA franchise that is now the OKC Thunder. i don't know if it was realistic since OKC really supported the Hornets that one season (maybe two) and David Stern really liked the idea of relocating the Sonics there....but on MU's Tigerboard.com they thought they had a real shot.

i have mixed feelings about the KC tournament. on the one hand, people go and i hear it's a great time. and the Dallas ones have been sparsely attended and my sister lives in Dallas, Dallas sucks. on the other hand, the de facto KU/MU home-court is annoying and has been unfair for decades.

How did it do in OKC? It was there for 2 years, right?

I can understand that about Dallas, but make it a rotation. Should've been like KC, Houston, SA, Dallas, OKC, and Denver on a 1-year basis, so each one of those cities gets it every 6 years. This KC thing most years is bull****. ****ing bull****.

Now they have his latest S-Curve up on the website, shows pretty much the same thing. We're right behind St. Mary's and Clemson, and I think that's probably a close enough call the committee could easily go the other way. The other teams in Dayton would be Penn St., Va Tech and U$C....

First 4 teams out are BC, Bama, Georgia and UAB. Hahvahd and Missouri State behind them. The good news is that all those teams are finished. If he's got it right, 4 teams would have to pass us to bump us all the way out, and 8 of the top 9 teams trailing us are done. Although Dayton and Boise St. could still screw things up by beating Richmond and Utah State, if those schools still got in as at-large teams...

If we end up in Dayton, I don't want to draw PSU, got to figure they'll have a lot of crowd support.

How did it do in OKC? It was there for 2 years, right?

I can understand that about Dallas, but make it a rotation. Should've been like KC, Houston, SA, Dallas, OKC, and Denver on a 1-year basis, so each one of those cities gets it every 6 years. This KC thing most years is bull****. ****ing bull****.

i think OKC makes some sense and hear that those have been good events. i think if you can go as far south as SA (because that is not a drivable distance from NE or Iowa for a weekend), Denver should have been in the mix. as i posted earlier in the week, people will travel to Denver in the spring....let the plains people get their ski in jeans thing on.

we know KU fans in the area will scurry out of their holes to Boulder once a year. at the MU game this year, i bet there close to 1000 Tiger fans there. i've been to ISU games when they were good (Fizer/Tinsley) where there were a lot of ketchup and mustard in the crowd. a full section behind the ISU bench. OU has been well-represent some years and, granted, it's football...but, they watch parties at Jackson's Hole in Denver that are packed from what i hear (friend of a gf who waited tables there for a year when she was in law school at DU). they are here.

but, that's all in the past.

Last edited:
So I'm totally confused as to why CU dropped back down to the last 4 in.

Is it just a question of off-bubble teams getting AQs and presumptive AQs ending up with invites?

So I'm totally confused as to why CU dropped back down to the last 4 in.

Is it just a question of off-bubble teams getting AQs and presumptive AQs ending up with invites?

It's a question of mediocre Big Televen and ACC (Absolute Crap Conference) teams winning a couple games and giving the boys at ESPiN an excuse to move them up. Hopefully the seeding of the bracket that matters is going to be a little different.

Any chance we will be in Tucson on Thursday? Just bought sixth row seats.

Back