What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffalo Heart Award... who should win it?

Of course it all started with some dudes behind the bench that awarded Chev way back when...

Now, I'm not sure what the process is now, but my mother said that the gals at Buffalo Belles got a ballot in previous years (not this year for some reason) and that added into whatever process there is.

I know that didn't help

Oh... it is right after Saturday's game

The difficulty in making this pick this year highlights what I think isn’t talked about enough on AB. That is the overall like ability of the kids who are the CU buffs right now. Every time one of our guys gets interviewed I am impressed by the quality of human being on the other end of the microphone.

To a man They are hardworking, well-spoken, humble and just great kids. I think that is the saddest part of this slide. They deserve better.

I do think it is credit to HCMM that we have a team that produces these type of kids. The culture of the program is in a great place.

JMac has been through so much in his years here.

He has had to deal with some of the fans questioning if he should even be a part of the team much less be on scholarship. He has continued to go over the middle getting hit time after time and popping up to do it again.

Every indication is that his teammates like him and have a ton of respect for him.

Don't have a problem with Gamboa either but for me JMac would easily be the first choice.

The difficulty in making this pick this year highlights what I think isn’t talked about enough on AB. That is the overall like ability of the kids who are the CU buffs right now. Every time one of our guys gets interviewed I am impressed by the quality of human being on the other end of the microphone.

To a man They are hardworking, well-spoken, humble and just great kids. I think that is the saddest part of this slide. They deserve better.

I do think it is credit to HCMM that we have a team that produces these type of kids. The culture of the program is in a great place.
Man - you just hit the nail on the head and why that OSU second half just continues to drive a spike through my heart. These kids and this coach deserve so much better and just illustrates how much CFB is such a ruthless business.

I like this team, I like what MM has built in terms of integrity and developing young men. I’m not sure what happened this year - they (coaches and players) seemed to be in a zone on finding a way to make a play and win. Looking back and it is obvious that LaViska was the one guy that would step up and make THAT play. We definitely have our issues, but the wheels falling off is inexcusable.

I want this team and these seniors to go out with a few more wins. The narrative of us going 5-0, then 0-7 is obviously not good, especially festering all off season.

The fact we are even in this position is a clear sign it is a time to move on. We are in a better place, proven by the fact that those close to LM state he ‘would very interested’ if the CU job was available. With all the current and possible openings this off-season, CU is at the top of the list. Tons of talent coming back (including the top receiver in the 2020 draft), facilities in place and a disfunctional division - RG should be able to get his guy and push this program back to where we should be.

Will be interesting to see how everything plays out - but right now, I’m pulling for these kids to make some plays and win a few more games. Go Buffs!

I think it's definitely either Gamboa or JMac, with a slight edge toward Gamboa.

Both guys are not the most athletic players, and I'd say especially Gamboa usually had less God-given ability than whomever he was going up against.

JMac was the most clutch receiver we've had since Spruce, whereas Gamboa just kept on the field and competing game after game even though most of us thought he should be riding the pine. Rick has had a knack for the big play the last couple of years, too.

I'd be happy with either one.

JayMac. Hands down. Only those who have played under their Dad as football coach understand the added pressure of earning your position. I know he always gave 110%. JayMac's position on the roster has never been in question, and he is a motivated, athletic football player. That kid has a lot of heart!

JayMac. Hands down. Only those who have played under their Dad as football coach understand the added pressure of earning your position. I know he always gave 110%. JayMac's position on the roster has never been in question, and he is a motivated, athletic football player. That kid has a lot of heart!
JMac.

In all seriousness...Buff Fans. The fact we're even still watch/talking about the Buffs at this point.

Barring that...JayMac

I’d like to see it go to J Mac, but Gamboa would also make sense. The senior that is going to be hardest to replace though is Javier Edwards. If he had more then one good season he would be in the mix.

Jay Mac and Winfree have both battled through a lot of injuries for this team. I’d be happy with either one of them getting it.

First thought was Gamboa. JayMac is a worthy recipient as well.

Back