What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs in the NFL Combine

I think Gilbert's probably might be size, tweener so to speak. Hope he can get in the right system for what he brings.

I'll start by saying I love sefo and he is one of my favorite buffs of all-time . But I am surprised he is getting much attention for the draft.

I'll start by saying I love sefo and he is one of my favorite buffs of all-time . But I am surprised he is getting much attention for the draft.
He looks the part. If he does well at the combine, he could end up at the back end of the draft.

Measurables and intangibles. You will have a lot of coaches that will look at him and think, "I can fix his throwing mechanics, I can't teach size or heart"

Gilbert is going to be a steal of an UDFA. The light bulb finally came on for him his senior year, and that is probably why he isn't getting much attention right now.

I think for him the big question will be whether he finally fills out. He's so skinny. If he starts to add some weight,he could make it in the right system.

Every time I think Sefo has no chance in the NFL I think of some of the guys who have been called into duty as back-ups and realize yes he does. The league has a big shortage of QBs so a guy with his physical tools is going to get looked at. I think at worst he ends up on a practice squad.

NFL this year has publicly not invited a number of players due to off-field actions (Joe Mixon most notably.) I wonder if they left Tupou out in part because of the incident that got him suspended for a year at CU?

Last year, the NFL instituted a policy that bars prospects from combine participation who have misdemeanor or felony convictions involving violence or use of a weapon, domestic violence, a sexual offense and/or sexual assault. Mixon wasn't convicted in the case, but the NFL ultimately can bar any prospect from participating in the combine after evaluating the underlying circumstances involving the player, a league source told Rapoport

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...joe-mixon-not-invited-to-nfl-scouting-combine

Some analysts have Joe Mixon as the 3rd best RB in the draft. That incident is probably costing him being a 1st round pick (might go Undraftrd) and millions of dollars.

Topou has a little baggage, but will be on a team next year. I'd guess he gets a few FA invites

How did Sefo get an invite? He does not seem the part of an NFL qb. His accuracy is highly questionable.

QB is a position that is over represented at the combine because there is so much throwing that needs to be done. In addition to all the throwing they do during their workout, there are also hundreds of throws that need to be made during the wide receiver and running back workouts. The result is there are a handful of guys every year that get invited who wouldn't if they played another position. My guess is Sefo fits in this group. Hopefully he can translate that into something.

QB is a position that is over represented at the combine because there is so much throwing that needs to be done. In addition to all the throwing they do during their workout, there are also hundreds of throws that need to be made during the wide receiver and running back workouts. The result is there are a handful of guys every year that get invited who wouldn't if they played another position. My guess is Sefo fits in this group. Hopefully he can translate that into something.

He'll kill it in interviews and he is certainly a plus athlete with the body for the position. As they say, it only takes 1 team.

He will get drafted in the 6th or 7th is my guess. Most outlets have him as that kind of grade, and somewhere between 11-13th best QB in the draft. There are plenty of QB coaches out there who will look at Sefo as a guy they can mold and "fix" when it comes to his throwing mechanics and accuracy issues on certain throws, but can't find his toughness, heart, physical stature, leadership, etc. I think he brings everything that people loved about Tebow, but with far better throwing mechanics and passing ability (albeit still not up to NFL standards yet), and that's why someone will spend a late round flyer on him.

He will get drafted in the 6th or 7th is my guess. Most outlets have him as that kind of grade, and somewhere between 11-13th best QB in the draft. There are plenty of QB coaches out there who will look at Sefo as a guy they can mold and "fix" when it comes to his throwing mechanics and accuracy issues on certain throws, but can't find his toughness, heart, physical stature, leadership, etc. I think he brings everything that people loved about Tebow, but with far better throwing mechanics and passing ability (albeit still not up to NFL standards yet), and that's why someone will spend a late round flyer on him.

That would be great. I'd like to see him get paid at some level to contribute in the NFL. One of the very toughest Buffs ever.

Tupou needs to lose a little weight and improve his quickness. He will be drafted - he can play in either the 3-4 or the 4-3. I think Sefo is likely to be undrafted unless he really stands out in the combine. He disappointed in the Senior Bowl. This year the QB talent falls off quickly in the Draft.

Back