What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs in the NFL Combine

While it'll be interesting to see how the D comes together next year, they really should just need to be averageish. Offense is what makes this team next year. Basically everyone back, lots of depth, entire coaching staff returns, veteran presents from Bernardz. If they aren't a top 30 offense next year we have issues.

The main scare I have is if Lindsay misses any significant time. With Evans gone, there's a massive dropoff at RB after PL. Sure hope the staff's confidence in Bisharat and Fontenot is rewarded. And maybe Duff's boy Adkins can avoid the always present nagging leg injury.

Yep. And as much as you can find solid to good replacements for most of the departing seniors, I think Jimmie Gilbert is one glaring exception. That is a big hole at the moment.
Yeah I almost mentioned him as the biggest loss in the front seven. Replacing big bodies that can move and eat space up front can be done a lot easier than replacing very productive pass rushers. McCartney coming back is a big plus, and hopefully he returns to 100% and stays healthy, and as S2S said, hopefully Shamar is up to the task of replacing Gilbert.

I'm starting to think, based on what the coaches have been talking about and what they haven't been (and Falo working inside), that we may be looking at the Will linebacker being used less this year and the Buff linebacker being used more. I think White may be starting at Buff with Moeller rotating in a lot. There's a lot of beef in the front 4 with McCartney back, Umu's progression, Jackson bigger, and Edwards coming in. We may be able to stop the run with our guys who are playing on the LOS and go with faster coverage guys at the second level.
And Mulumba. I'm pretty excited about him

And Mulumba. I'm pretty excited about him
The SUOMI Strangler!

Finnish Him, Mulumba!
Hakke Paalle!
1364948716596620434.jpg

Last edited:
I love Jimmie, but I think his production benefited alot from the design of our defense and our clever use of pressure. My hope is that we can plug Shamar right in.

I can buy that to an extent, but I do not think scheme really accounts for 10.5 sacks and 6 FF. That is not just "plug and play" production.

So frustrating that we couldn't redshirt him as a frosh. He should be a 5th year senior and would have been if we'd had any talent in the program back then.

Back