What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs perception Nation Wide.

i was in amsterdam (just got back) and i was walking around, and i saw some guy that said "go buffs." pretty sure he was attending CU though, so im not sure if that counts.

I just dont get it. I wear my buff gear ALL THE TIME in Omaha and have my personalized message plates on my car on a nebraska plate and show off my CU tattoo and all i get is flipped off, cursed at and dirty looks thrown my way. I just dont get it.

I just dont get it. I wear my buff gear ALL THE TIME in Omaha and have my personalized message plates on my car on a nebraska plate and show off my CU tattoo and all i get is flipped off, cursed at and dirty looks thrown my way. I just dont get it.

oh thats easy you are surrounded by morons

I got a few "go buffs" while i was down in Vegas over the weekend. Anyone know what we were vs. the spread last season?

F-them. I saw a guy (fat ass) with a Husker hat on the other day and unfortunately my girlfriend's folks went to that JC so she said "go Huskers." The response was classic. First he ahd no idea what she was talking about and then he said, "Oh yeah, go Bo." I like Hawk but I root for the Buffs. :lol:

As a little experiment, I wore my Buffs gear on a Dallas to Houston flight last weekend, and again at jury duty today. Not a single person at Love Field, Houston Hobby, nor the Crowley Courthouse said Go Buffs or even mentioned anything. Then I stopped at Jamba Juice for my smoothy fix, and the hippy-dippy juice clerk said, 'I was admiring your shirt and your CU mastercard. My mom went to Boulder.' There you have it. Jamba Juice is the de facto Colorado embassy here in the DFW metroplex.

As a little experiment, I wore my Buffs gear on a Dallas to Houston flight last weekend, and again at jury duty today. Not a single person at Love Field, Houston Hobby, nor the Crowley Courthouse said Go Buffs or even mentioned anything. Then I stopped at Jamba Juice for my smoothy fix, and the hippy-dippy juice clerk said, 'I was admiring your shirt and your CU mastercard. My mom went to Boulder.' There you have it. Jamba Juice is the de facto Colorado embassy here in the DFW metroplex.

:lol:

I got stopped by a cougar from CU who noticed my CU brand license plate dealious at the gas station in Mammoth Lakes, CA once. She chatted me up pretty good.

Hear hear for Cougars!

I got stopped by a cougar from CU who noticed my CU brand license plate dealious at the gas station in Mammoth Lakes, CA once. She chatted me up pretty good.

Hear hear for Cougars!

Your plates could have represented universities from nebraska, oklahoma, West Virginia, Florida or Washington State (for that matter), the cougar would have struck up the conversation, regarldless. Cougars are fans of no one school (except again the WSU thing, but clearly a different kinda cougar)...they will not be denied!

Your plates could have represented universities from nebraska, oklahoma, West Virginia, Florida or Washington State (for that matter), the cougar would have struck up the conversation, regarldless. Cougars are fans of no one school (except again the WSU thing, but clearly a different kinda cougar)...they will not be denied!
Let me make a correction: This was a cougar who graduated from CU. A Buffalo Cougar, if you will.

Let me make a correction: This was a cougar who graduated from CU. A Buffalo Cougar, if you will.

I stand by my above remarks. Apparently it was her lucky day...a potential meal from the same school! Due to your common backgrounds you became what cougars term a "cripple".

I stand by my above remarks. Apparently it was her lucky day...a potential meal from the same school! Due to your common backgrounds you became what cougars term a "cripple".

Cougars and Cripples...Walrus, WTF are you talking about? Paint me clueless on this one. Care to share a personal anecdote or funny 'a friend of mine' story?:confused: :smile2:

Sir, you obviously have some knowledge of cougars beyond mine. Please enlighten!!

Cougars and Cripples...Walrus, WTF are you talking about? Paint me clueless on this one. Care to share a personal anecdote or funny 'a friend of mine' story?:confused: :smile2:

Sorry, I didn't mean to be cryptic.

As you know, a cougar is a middle-aged female (human) who seeks physical lovin' from a younger man.

Here's the slow-motion play-by-play from my lame attempt at humor:

--A cougar is singular in her purpose.

--Any means (a conversation piece, for instance) which satisfies her goals are simply a means to end.

--The post to which I responded insinuated that this particular cougar chatted up her potential prey (Skye), using the CU plates as a conversation piece (the means to an end).

--My first post simply stated that she didn't really care what school fallenskye attended--she was simply wanted a conversation to reach her objective.

--Then I took a "joke-of-opportunity" to point out the association between the intended use of "cougar" and the mascot from Washington State.

--Finally, I suggested that since she was from CU, and Fallenskye was also from CU, that she would consider him unusually easy prey (easy to initiate conversation with). In the natural world, from which this entire metaphor initially sprang, no prey is easier than a "cripple" who's broken from the herd.

Sorry to waste everybody's time...just give me my negative reps, I'm gonna go put on my hair-shirt.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be cryptic.

As you know, a cougar is a middle-aged female (human) who seeks physical lovin' from a younger man.

Here's the slow-motion play-by-play from my lame attempt at humor:

--A cougar is singular in her purpose.

--Any means (a conversation piece, for instance) which satisfies her goals are simply a means to end.

--The post to which I responded insinuated that this particular cougar chatted up her potential prey (Skye), using the CU plates as a conversation piece (the means to an end).

--My first post simply stated that she didn't really care what school fallenskye attended--she was simply wanted a conversation to reach her objective.

--Then I took a "joke-of-opportunity" to point out the association between the intended use of "cougar" and the mascot from Washington State.

--Finally, I suggested that since she was from CU, and Fallenskye was also from CU, that she would consider him unusually easy prey (easy to initiate conversation with). In the natural world, from which this entire metaphor initially sprang, no prey is easier than a "cripple" who's broken from the herd.

Sorry to waste everybody's time...just give me my negative reps, I'm gonna go put on my hair-shirt.

I'm going to give you positive rep for explaining the new use of the term "cougar" to me. I've heard it a lot lately and I couldn't ever figure out what people meant.

I'm going to give you positive rep for explaining the new use of the term "cougar" to me. I've heard it a lot lately and I couldn't ever figure out what people meant.
Really?

Anyways, if you actually made up the term "cripple" when it comes to the cougar metaphor, I love it. I have never heard it before. Good stuff.

The cougar's natural habitat is the hotel bar.

Really?

Anyways, if you actually made up the term "cripple" when it comes to the cougar metaphor, I love it. I have never heard it before. Good stuff.

Cripple is OK, but maybe in Skye's case it could be "weak link", or "little fawn of the pack" or "slowest of the pack", or "last shot for the night" or something else. The concept is a good expansion of the "cougar" vernacular, though.

:smile2: :smile2:

Thus the 1979 BHS prom queen may be both a panther and a cougar.:cool:

Cripple is OK, but maybe in Skye's case it could be "weak link", or "little fawn of the pack" or "slowest of the pack", or "last shot for the night" or something else. The concept is a good expansion of the "cougar" vernacular, though.

:smile2: :smile2:
Touche...

urbandictionary.com is a useful site for terms like this.

You probably weren't around a few years ago when lammie fusker kept directing us to urbandictionary.com to learn the meanings of his various fecal fetishes coloquialisms.

Just an FYI: UD doesn't yet have the Walrus coined definition for Cripple.

Cripple is a mixture of Cream Soda and Ripple.
Ripple is cheap and strong booze. (or one of the Greatful Dead's most overplayed songs)

Back