What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs schedule Air Force -- 2020 and 2022

Just start with a parking lot, Grill, meat, beer. It'll work for you.

Air force lets you reserve big open lots in three sizes 1-100 people, 100-250 people, 250+people. The small one is $25 for the game. Could be a fun set up, with as many people as I tailgate with. Also hoping CU does something huge.

Air force lets you reserve big open lots in three sizes 1-100 people, 100-250 people, 250+people. The small one is $25 for the game. Could be a fun set up, with as many people as I tailgate with. Also hoping CU does something huge.

Let's take over that campus.
Mega-Sackygate!

I expect every Texas Buff to be at that game.

I swear, every time I'm in Colo Springs the texas plates outnumber the Colorado plates.

RG is killing it with scheduling and love the middle finger he just gave to the rams. I have talked to him about the Ewe game and he hates it as well. This is a huge step forward in owning our schedule and not letting the little brother in ft fun have their way with it. Protecting the home games at Folsom has been an RG priority and he is coming thru.

For folks who don't understand it, they'll say that CU is ending the series with CSU and that there's no good reason for it.

I've posted extensively on this. It comes down to financials and scheduling. (Scheduling, of course, leads into financials since we're talking about giving season ticket holders what they want.)

CU fans want 6 games a year in Folsom. I don't think anyone would say that isn't reasonable.

There are 9 Pac-12 games.

So, CU has 3 dates to find 2 true home games in half the years (when it's 4H / 5A in the Pac-12 schedule).

If the Buffs play a neutral site game, that means there are 2 remaining dates to get 2 games at Folsom.

So, CU wouldn't be able to schedule the types of teams which are on a level that commands a home-and-home series if CU was going to meet the standard of 6 games every year at Folsom.

That left us with filling the schedule by playing 2-for-1s against lower tier teams or one-offs against FCS teams for scheduling.

That hurt attendance and season ticket sales. CU fans don't like playing lower tier teams.

Beyond that, CU fans want some variety to the schedule. Playing CSU every year doesn't deliver on that.

I'd expect that CU will find some years in the future to do a home-and-home with CSU just like the one that was scheduled with AFA. But we probably won't (and shouldn't) ever see a revival of the RMS.

I thought the flyovers at AFA games were cut with the government shutdown and cost reductions.

During the four year run that Air Force beat Notre Dame consecutively (early '90'S? I think of them as the Allen Pinkett years) I bought season tickets just so I could see the Notre Dame games. They only cost like $120. Great place to see a game, but takes forever to get out.

I will echo what many others have said. I went to a few games when I was stationed at Schriever AFB and had a blast, I will definitely be going to both of these games.

Solid article by Mark Knudson on the CU-AFA game and series and the impact it has on all schools. The main issue I have with his article is at the end when he suggests that Colorado and CSU play on Thanksgiving "rivary" weekend. No thanks. We've already elevated their program enough just playing them. Last thing we need is to play a MWC rival on Thanksgiving.

Solid article by Mark Knudson on the CU-AFA game and series and the impact it has on all schools. The main issue I have with his article is at the end when he suggests that Colorado and CSU play on Thanksgiving "rivary" weekend. No thanks. We've already elevated their program enough just playing them. Last thing we need is to play a MWC rival on Thanksgiving.

Knudson will always return to his agenda which is based around the fuskers and the sheep.

The sooner we can get back to winning and have our PAC12 games be meaningful the sooner we can start ignoring the tools who see us a means of promoting their MWC fantasies.

SIR, but I missed this earlier.

Air Force joins Navy, Army, BYU, Cincinnati & UConn as teams that meet Big Ten’s requirement to play Power5 non-league team

Back