What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs sign Aussie kicker! James Stefanou

If he can line up and kick-off and give us 3 when we need it, I could give a rat's nasty ass if he's 90.

He looks great kicking off the stand when he is by himself, didn't look so great to me when he had to kick with timing. Big fan of giving him a shot, not a fan of giving a guy who has never completed a kick in any football contest a scholarship.

He is using us as a 1 or 2 year audition for the NFL. No chance he is here for 5 years. If he wins the job in fall and if he puts up good numbers he will be gone. At his age, completing a degree isn't a concern, he needs exposure against top level competition in pressure situations and this is the best way for him to get that. As a former pro-player I would assume that he already understands how to approach this situation and will treat it like going to work, probably be a good mentor for others on how to approach working on their game, much like guys who come back to football from being in the minors for 3 or 4 years.

Has he ever kicked with a line in front of him and a couple of guys coming in from the side?

I'm excited that we didn't just add another entitled Millennial to the team! This guy will bring a work ethic and take no prisoners attitude that those coddled kids just can't replicate. What do you guys think? Strong opinions and hot takes appreciated!

I'm excited about this guy. I also think you could have pulled any human out of Australia between the ages 8-80 and it would have improved our kicking game. Struth!

His form looks good. Ball doesn't fly perfectly from what I can see, but his form looks consistent, although it is a highlight tape. Needs to hit every ball the same, looks like he lets up on shorter kicks. Cant be doing that

I remember seeing Gonzalez's videos and how impressive they were. But it took him until his final year to really look like he'd figured it out. Then he blew is Achilles out. Point being that this guy looks impressive in his video, but actually playing the game is a lot different than practicing. I used to look like a pro on the driving range. Then I got to the first tee......

Brandon Weeden was 37 when he wrapped it up at okie st and he played a real position.

I actually had to look this up. He was 28. My sarcasm antennae are up though. Cleveland spent a first round draft pick on a 28 year old QB. Unreal.

Welcome to James. Hopefully we see a big jump in ST play.

Back